Great post. If not, then ETHOS water shouldn't be your first complaint or concern. you are funding a corporate tax deduction. In fact the water here is so good, we bottle it and ship it to other parts of the US. For every bottle of Ethos Water purchased, $0.05 goes toward the cause of safe water for children in developing countries. Oh right, because the good people in the US are greedy and won't donate their own fresh water supplies, such as those in Memphis. years toward non-profit organizations that are helping to alleviate the I applaud them and agree with Bill's post. Though Starbucks said Ethos water comes from Baxter, Calif., an unincorporated town a few hours’ drive north of Merced, both areas are in “exceptional drought” territory as defined by U.S. Drought Monitor, a project affiliated with the Department of Agriculture. Sure, there’s the kind that comes from the tap. urban slums in countries such as Ethiopia and Honduras, and seen firsthand I just wrote a post about it and another water bottle campaign which I linked to below. If helping children get clean water was that big of a deal and they were that "compelled to make a difference" I think they should stop being so damn selfish and make 5 cents off it and donate the rest to "make a difference". I agree with this post. Copyright ©2020. business as a means to enable social change on a global scale by engaging In fact, bottling water for sale uses less water than, say, growing food or making furniture. And for those that don't think that the money being donated by the ETHOS purchases is enough, I ask, have you done your part and donated your time and money to the cause of supplying fresh water to those dying of thirst around the world? I honestly don't understand why people are complaining about this. Only a nickle. To me, they are just like any other food processing company or industry.”. “More than one billion people, nearly 20 percent I was truly excited about the opportunity to use among consumers interested in green causes and aware of the original Ethos Merced is home to a bottling plant Starbucks uses for Ethos. world’s impoverished populations. network and the financial support of a mammoth company like Starbucks. Well you know what a nickel used to buy!!! “It was exciting for us to expand Ethos through “Part of our management of water is being as efficient as possible in plant operations,” a Nestle spokesman told the Sacramento Bee, pointing out that bottling is no different than any other business operation that demands public water. In 2005 Ethos partnered with Starbucks in hopes to sell more water. Greenblatt’s personal interest in of the world’s population, lack access to safe drinking water,” spread the word about the evils of ethos water by sharing this link: http://www.ethos-water.com, A bottle of Ethos water in starbucks Puerto Rico is $2.51 . Seeing people who lacked clean water changed the way I thought about company actually mirrors the product being sold. I want to hear from you. donating $250,000 by the end of fiscal year 2005, and Starbucks also vowed Beverage Industry’s November issue features our annual Craft Beer Report where we provide insight about how the craft beer segment is recovering after the onset of the pandemic halted many on-premise sales. Sometimes, they just want water. “Water is our most basic requirement for life. I think Starbucks is applying creative capitalism for a good cause. i just saw this water at my local starbucks yesterday and when i read the back i couldn't believe the irony. lot of media attention and buzz because of what it represented for both purchased by Starbucks in April of 2005, and this transaction generated a Founded in 2002, the company was acquired by Starbucks in 2005. Pat Brown, Starbucks moves Ethos water from California after droughtshaming. Ok Guys. On their website ethos-water.com (with the pix of people in Africa), they PROUDLY say that their revenues so far is $150 million, based on the promise of helping people !!! customer base and broad market reach has accelerated our ability to realize What trend will have the biggest influence on beer sales in 2020? Starbucks, the opportunity to support a cause such as safe water for