It’s yummy but next time no Tabasco. I made this for a holiday family wing-stravaganza, mostly thanks, too, to Chef John's recipes & videos. Add as much of the remaining vinaigrette as desired and toss again. I finally found a delicious and PERFECT recipe!!! Very good but the chives are a little overwhelming. I threw everything into a mason jar – subbing fresh chives for dried chives + garlic powder in place of fresh garlic – and gave it a big shake. Thank you for providing the ‘bones’ of the recipe. Despite holding my fussy 1 year old grandson, I was able to throw this together in a few minutes! It is a great product. Everyone raves about it and I’ve texted the link to many of my friends and family. This is an awesome, awesome, awesome blue cheese dressing. Grated the frozen blue cheese and it was wonderful. Hi Emily, you could Up the amount of sour cream and mayonnaise in order to thicken it, but be sure to taste it as, while it changes the texture, it will also change the taste a bit. Join over 200,000 others and receive my weekly new recipe newsletter. Awesome recipe! I’m Jenn Segal, classically-trained chef, cookbook author, and busy mom. I can't wait to try it as written because I didn't have buttermilk. Great idea….I will use the immersion blender!!! If you make it you wont use store bought again ! Great way to use up left over dressing– thanks for sharing! Learn how your comment data is processed. A quick one on this one: if I don’t have fresh chives what can I use instead that would not be too far off? I liked it, the family thought it was a little too “buttermilky.” Made it exactly as written. I ended up added an extra 1/4 cup of mayo. Not only are they creative, appealing and tasty, but they always turn out right!”, Plus free email series "5 of a Classically Trained Chef", Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust and Caramel Sauce, Pigs in a Blanket with Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce. Your recipes are original, user-friendly, and easy to follow. I try to make these recipes as written at least once, if possible. I was a bit skeptical, because I’ve never made a creamy salad dressing from scratch, the ingredient list seemed straightforward and simple enough. OMG! I did my salad and put on the dressing and served with smokey grilled chicken skewers on top. I never thought I’d be tasting a brand new flavor at 42 years old. Thanks so much. Using this technique produces a dressing exploding with the funky goodness of whichever blue-veined cheese you decide to use. I intuitively know that you would garner so many followers because you are incredibly down to earth, gracious, and caring. I ended up making a second bacth two nights later. Great! Please let me know by leaving a review below. No tweaking necessary! So yummy and the lemon juice put it right over the top for my tastebuds. I didn’t notice any difference at all. How much minced fresh dill would you recommend using? Chef John, I have tried a few of your recipes and they never fail to please. There is hidden gluten in many foods; if you're following a gluten-free diet or cooking for someone with gluten allergies, always read the labels of your ingredients to verify that they are gluten-free. Added about 20 dashes of green Tabasco and mustard powder. The dressing will thicken up to more of a dip consistency as it chills. For example, I’ve used basil and oregano to make an “Italian” Ranch. It’s cheap and it makes a difference. This is our new dressing of choice. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. With these changes I got the calories down to around 135 calories per 1/4 cup serving size. You present yourself in such a warm and welcoming way! I made this exactly as described. Just sumptuous. Get new recipes each week + free 5 email series. I made this to dip your buttermilk chicken tenders in (I will make tonight) and I was not disappointed! Another perfect recipe. This is about the sixth buttermilk recipe I have tried. I've been making blue cheese dressing for over 35 years using a recipe I developed. By “tweaking” the proportions of mayo, buttermilk and sour cream you can make it thinner for dressing and thicker to use as a dip. Ranch dressing is the real opiate of the masses. .this homemade recipe! This was amazing! One taste and just like that: I’m never buying store bought ranch ever again! Will definitely be using it again! Add the chives and shake. THIS RECIPE! I’ve been making it for quite awhile now. This ranch dressing is amazing. Delicious! Whisk together thoroughly. Hi Bobbie, You could just increase the sour cream to 3/4 cup and cut the lemon juice in half. Two questions! I decided to try this recipe and am truly impressed. Taste and add more seasoning if needed. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Yum! 1/2 teaspoon salt. It is wonderfully tasty. As for Food Network, they haven’t called yet but who knows… . Info. I cut it about a third. I’m not a huge fan of it, but if I can make my own Ranch I’ll add it. . I made the buttermilk ranch dressing today (for Super Bowl Sunday) to dress a Cobb salad. I used Duke's olive oil mayo, light sour cream, and fat free buttermilk to reduce the calories, but I used regular blue cheese because low fat blue cheese is just WRONG in so many ways! I’m blown away. I’d say it keeps well for 3-4 days. I had some raw milk that was starting to sour so I looked up buttermilk recipes. This is really fresh. Letting the flavors meld overnight makes a huge difference! I had previously crumbled that I added in. Hope this helps! Second time I made it and sent home half (I doubled it) I used the Tabasco dashes. Hi Ezequiel, you could use about 4 tsp. I made this twice and perhaps I did something wrong but it was not tasty. My mom loves this recipe now… and will never buy store-bought again! Myself and my family (along with anyone who has ever tried it) love this recipe. I used this ranch dressing and that is probably the best egg salad I ever made. Can this be used for broccoli salad ? Made exactly as written and love it. Thanks for the recipe! I served the dressing over wedge salads and served the dip with my own version of buffalo wings on NFL conference championship Sunday in January 2014.