Opposites do attract and in epic dessert fashion! The only thing I added was red pepper flakes. The complementary textures and flavors of my Chocoflan will delight your senses and appease the dueling dessert voices in your head. Sit it on a pan of hot water 30 sec, this will loosen the caramel. Opposites do attract and in epic dessert fashion! Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cake topped with Chocolate Ganache – Perfect combination of rich, chocolatey moist cake! Although you can certainly make your own caramel, I like to use my favorite, store-bought version; it shortens the prep time a bit without sacrificing any flavor. Your email address will not be published. Depending on the brand, “bittersweet” will be ~ 70% cacao, and that’s preferable in this dish to a semisweet or lower cacao product. Slowly add flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Take ordinary flan to a new level with this Double-Chocolate Chocoflan recipe. Remove tube pan from water bath. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Get Chocoflan Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Place Bundt pan in a roasting pan and set aside. “Both” (or “one of everything”) is,  after all, my dining philosophy, and it’s one of the reasons I love to make this Chocoflan. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website/blog is strictly prohibited. Invert the cake onto a cake plate and slowly remove the pan, allowing caramel to drizzle over the cake. Thank you so much. The leavening in the cake batter adds little bubbles, while the flan gets denser, so presto chango, the flan marries the caramel after all! 5. Well hello Loretta! Spread the caramel sauce in the bottom of Bundt pan. Cool dessert completely in tube pan. Bake 1-1/2 hrs. A cake mix with pudding added is a bit too dense to rise above the flan, resulting in a more marbled and less pleasing effect. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed, softened. This site requires JavaScript. Optional: 2 tsp orange zest (for more yum). Be Sure To Follow Gonna Want Seconds on Pinterest for more great recipes! Also the working of your recipes are different from how they are explained, very easy to read and in good order. I love some of your recipes, I can’t wait to try some of them. Melt chocolate in microwave 30 sec stir then repeat until fully melted. 8 egg yolks Easy Chocolate Lasagna – No-bake Oreo, cream cheese/cool whip, and pudding layers of perfection! Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. More Mexican – You can really make this a Mexican chocoflan recipe and up the sophistication by infusing the cake batter with ½ to 1 whole teaspoon of ground cinnamon (a combination you’re familiar with if you’ve ever had a warm mug of Mexican hot chocolate) or even a touch of chipotle powder. That’s because a little gravity-defying magic happens in the oven. https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/marcela-valladolid/chocoflan Gonna Want Seconds is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I do realize most of these blogs are written by young mothers so with that said I found your blog to be interesting enough that I read the whole thing. I also use both cocoa powder and melted bittersweet chocolate to up the chocolate flavor. It’s definitely worth the extra ingredients and effort – waiting to dig in is the hardest part, I promise! I think my simple caramel is a better choice in this recipe to simply accent the texture and flavor of the flan; otherwise, you risk letting the bossy, toasted caramel-ness rule the palette. Place tube pan in larger pan. Since my recipe also has a higher flan-to- cake ratio than a lot of others, we’re not cutting any corners! It’s a sweet treat that can satisfy all the cravings at once! Prepare the batter as directed on the box and substitute it for my homemade one. Blend evaporated milk, melted chocolate, cream cheese, granulated sugar and 4 eggs in blender until smooth. * Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Unlike the traditional cake batter in the chocoflan recipe Laura Vitale makes, I use buttermilk in my version. Perfect dessert. Pour cake batter into Bundt pan directly over caramel sauce. Gently remove pan. Stir throughout the process, Pour the caramel on the inside of the bundt pan. Wow! Refrigerate 2 hrs. Hi, I don’t write any comments or replies for peoples blogs because I don’t read them EVER! What a lovely compliment. Pour warm water into roasting pan until it measures halfway up the side of the Bundt pan. The flan layer uses sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and vanilla, all of which are pretty standard for a custard recipe. Mix well all ingredients, including melted chocolate and orange zest. 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. It’s definitely worth the extra ingredients and effort – waiting to dig in is the hardest part, I promise! Pour into greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan. Prepare flan pan by melting 1/4 c sugar directly in the pan over medium heat to coat the bottom. Made with bittersweet chocolate, evaporated milk, cream cheese, chocolate cake mix and more, this Double-Chocolate Chocoflan recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth and be your new go-to dessert. A combination of flan and chocolate cake with a drizzle of caramel sauce. Content and photographs are copyright protected. https://livingsweetmoments.com/chocoflan-recipe-video-tutorial