Sehwag`s 219 is his first hundred as captain. Virender Sehwag smashes 219 to steal one-day record from Sachin Tendulkar as India thrash West Indies.

©REUTERS / Action Images . Indore: Sachin Tendulkar was the holder of the record for highest individual score in ODIs when he left for Australia, but before landing in Melbourne it was rewritten by the dashing opener Virender Sehwag.

Sachin had reached the double hundred off 147 balls.

Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir shared a stand of 176 for the first wicket, emulating Ajay Jadeja and Sachin Tendulkar, who had shared 176 for the first wicket against West Indies at Cuttack on November 9, 1994. Interestingly, Sachin struck exactly 25 fours too in his unbeaten 200 in Gwalior. Rohit also has the record of the highest individual score in ODIs as he registered a knock of 264 runs against Sri Lanka in 2014.

India then went on to win the match by 153 runs. The 41-year-old smashed 41 fours and seven sixes to register the score of 219 against West Indies and this knock by the batsman enabled India to post a score of 418/5 in the allotted fifty overs. Sehwag has posted 32 boundaries (25 fours and seven sixes) in his innings - a new record in ODIs.

He scored 264 against Sri Lanka in 2014 and he also registered 208 runs against Australia in 2017. Virender Sehwag 219 vs West Indies Highlights Video: Virender Sehwag annihilated the West Indian attack at the Holkar stadium in Indore on his way to only the second ever ODI's double hundred and also broke the 200* record set by Sachin Tendulkar. Sehwag, thanks to his double hundred, is averaging 53.75 in ODIs this year - 645 in twelve innings, including two hundreds and one fifty. "I'm very tired because I'm 33 years old.” He said. He had registered a 75-ball century against the West Indies at Rajkot on November 12, 2002. “I thought [about] it [the double-century] when I was batting in the batting Powerplay and thought if I just bat this Powerplay, maybe I'll cross that 200-mark.

He is now the sixth Indian to reach 8,000 runs or more in ODIs, aggregating 8025 at an average of 35.66 in 240 matches, joining Sachin Tendulkar (18,111), Sourav Ganguly (11363), Rahul Dravid (10889), Mohammad Azharuddin (9378) and Yuvraj Singh (8051). Injury prevented him joining India’s tour to England last summer until the third Test and when he did turn up he bagged a king pair at Edgbaston. won the game by 153 runs ?

Sehwag`s marvellous feat of making 142 runs through boundaries is the second highest in ODIs, behind Shane Watson`s 150 (15 fours and 15 sixes) during his great knock of 185 not out off 96 balls for Australia against Bangladesh at Dhaka on April 11, 2011. He needed an ice bath before going out to field. He scored his first double ton against Australia in 2013.

It was on December 8, 2011, when Virender Sehwag became just the second batsman in the history of the sport to score a double century in ODIs. The other elder statesmen of the India side – Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman – left for Sydney where they will prepare for the Test series against Australia which begins on Boxing Day. The 41-year-old smashed 41 fours and seven sixes to register the score of 219 against West Indies and this knock by the batsman enabled India to post a … By then the West Indies had already wilted in the face of some savage batting from Sehwag who set the record for the highest ever score in a one-day international belting 25 fours and seven sixes on a flat pitch in Indore. ': Mother searches desperately for six-month-old as migrant boats sink in Mediterranean.

But when Sehwag cut a four to reach his double hundred he justified the decision to stay at home. When Sammy dropped the catch [Sehwag was on 170 at the time], I thought God was with me and was telling me you just bat till the 45th or 46th over and get your 200.”. ? Two different things we saw at the beginning of this game First India choose to bat and Gambhir with Sehwag in the opening stand. Then, he went on to achieve the feat against Sri Lanka in 2014 and 2017. Date, muhurat and significance of this festival.