I can't understand how black pudding got to be #1 on this list. GROSS!? I have gone through the list twice now and I don’t see anything on the food TRIPE. “The bachelor’s treat” does not sound that sweet, if you catch our drift.

adhd shut up and eat your food. Where I live we have a dish called scrapple, which is very tasty, but is made from pork scraps. I suppose I think the grossest things anyone could eat would be human or cat. but do you really think china is still a third world country? From Alabama to Wyoming, each state has foods that might look unappetizing or downright disgusting to an outsider -- but to homegrown kids, they're a little slice of home. I got on the phone and called the head chef of this upscale restaurant and he said “boil it for one hour per pound, take off the membrane and slice it up and serve” The tongue weighed 3 lbs. Why is black pudding on here. How to Go Vegetarian - Tips on How to Become a Vegetarian or Vegan, How to Prevent Macular Degeneration Eye Disease. I have been told that haggis, with bits of smoked bacon mixed in, battered in Guinness tempura and deep fried is amazing! Tan from BuzzFeed used to indulge in ketchup and white rice as a kid. As one Filipino described it to me “It’s best eaten in a dark cinema while holding your nose”. What the hell do you think eggs (unfertilized of course) are but exactly that! balut is so yummy! I’m still not sold. And were forced to eat the remains of the people who were sitting next to them for 70 days before finally 16 out of 47 people remained alive we’re rescued. who cares what its made of or looks like! Aunt Sally, a cook for Florida's first self-made millionaire, ship salvager William Curry, gets the credit for making the first Key lime pie in the late 1800s. EDIT = "It tastes like what dog food smells like and tastes rather bland" should read, "It tastes like what dog food smells like, BUT is rather bland in comparison.". That said, while there are some things on this list I would try for a laugh, I couldn't even begin to consider the maggot cheese or bat paste.

I’m American-born and my family is from Guyana. Agree that these food are gross but they are not limited to third world countries.

White pudding is supposed to be the same thing sans blood. that's pig brains and eggs to everyone else.

Stop eating them with milk like they’re Cocoa Puffs. After all, what is a Hot Dog essentially……ITS BOLOGNA !! Bull testicles are eaten regularly in some areas of the US. By the way my last name is pronounced FEAR-MAN. This honestly sounds like a lot of work. 14 Genius Gadgets You'll Actually Want in Your Kitchen Right Now!

I remember the first time I smelled, I checked the bottom of my shoes thinking I had stepped in dog feces until my roommate told me what was causing that smell. Then it’s boiled for a bit until the hairs become loose and can easily be plucked free. Everyone’s eating it, I guess, but it sounds gross, looks gross and tastes gross (to me). North American residents don't have to travel very far to find some of the most disgusting foods in the world. “I’ve always loved cream cheese and olive sandwiches (on toasted white bread, of course) since I was little,” a Refinery29 staffer said. Hey, we won’t tell. Everything nicely chopped up so it’s fine. The staffer said that they then moved on to dipping Hot Cheetos in cream cheese, ditching the bagel altogether. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstromming.

What the heck do you think the coating on a proper sausage is?

Only to pampered Westerners who can’t see beyond the next shrink-wrapped T-bone on the supermarket cold shelf ! its spicy and sour but i am a fan… served as kemchi pancakes is how i feel in love with it though it may be an acquired taste…. But now clams have made their way unto unsuspecting pizzas.

They don't even taste like red liquorice. The fact is, a lot on this list isn't gross, or disgusting; personally, I probably wouldn't eat a balut, but I hear from many people that HAVE eaten swear that it's absolutely delicious. It's something of a children's favourite here in Sweden, probably because it is traditionally served with lingonberry jam, which is sweet. Pickled Pigs' Feet are common in southern areas. I enjoy eating blood pudding even though I am aware of how they have to coagulate it. Ewww……Insult. A new AskReddit thread (which we first discovered on Thought Catalog) asked non-American Reddit users which American foods they considered gross or weird, and some of the responses were kitchen staples that many Americans would consider normal.

I think haggis and black pudding are nowhere near as bad as the higher stuff. And if you don’t wash the utensils that you have created Lutefisk in immediately and leave them overnight, You would have a better chance at using a jack hammer to drill through solid concrete. Dr. Gerald R. LaNasa, a surgeon from New Orleans, is often credited as being the one who invented the dish.

In this BuzzFeed video, Kenneth shows us how his mom used to whip up a cold soup of avocado, ice, and condensed milk. It tastes like what dog food smells like, and tastes rather bland. The lungs and the Liver do what?

Nice post. Food in the highlands is very meat based, simply because back in ye olden days exotic foods like fruit just didnt grow here, and everyone (except royalty and nobles etc) was poor so they just didnt waste food, and ate whatever was available to them. There is a supermarket near me that sells it by the pound but its expensive, but then again, I had to make them one time in School and you talk about time consuming.

Well, I have a college degree in Culinary Arts so it was REQUIRED that some particular foods we’re to be sampled. Don't know if should like the black pudding or not. the taste is all that matters! It would be hard to find any foods grosser than the ones Ryan found for this list. Thank You Scream. (Though i find everything on this list personally disgusting) Finally, just because blood pudding is called something else where you live doesn’t mean that’s its only name so if i see another post stating that im gonna strangle a brit. Green beans, fried onions, and cream of mushroom soup combine to create green bean casserole, a dish often enjoyed by Americans at Thanksgiving… even though it definitely wasn’t present at the first Thanksgiving in the 17th century.

A check of the ingredients listed on the label is proof enough: mechanically separated chicken, beef tripe, partially defatted cooked beef fatty tissue, beef hearts, water, partially defatted cooked pork fatty tissue, salt, and less than 2 percent: mustard, natural flavorings, dried garlic, dextrose, sodium erythorbate, and sodium nitrite. Akutaq is an ice cream dish that, when made traditionally, uses seal oil. Their grandmother and mother would add sliced green olives to their bagels and cream cheese, which supposedly makes the perfect salty, creamy, crispy snack.

When the time comes for human consumption, many people meticulously remove the maggots. Try this experiment. You should add Soup #5 (Lansiao) which has a main ingredient of a horse and cow's testicles, I want to try all this food……… and balut doesnt taste bad at all, #8 Potted meat: you claim it's made by Hormel but the pic shows it's by Libby's! The flavor can’t be that bad — however, we’d rather just eat cheese and nuts separately.

What a wasteful nation we have become!