Gibson's 80/20 Bronze strings are ideal for all acoustic body designs, and for all playing styles. This must be a great acoustic guitar string to use once you’ve dropped three grand on a Hummingbird and find yourself paying for a top-quality string with the loose change in your pocket. However, most of … Since both 80/20 strings and phosphor strings have their own unique tone, the great debate of phosphor bronze vs 80/20 bronze comes down to a matter of personal taste. Masterbuilt strings help you pull the natural, expressive tone from your acoustic guitar. The Masterbuilt string are truly unique in their sound (at least in my experience). It was the strings. An acoustic guitar is useless without strings, right? If you like a bright and brilliant acoustic tone and/or play a darker-sounding acoustic guitar, 80/20 bronze strings like our Bright Brass strings may be better for you. And whether you're in possession of a brand new beginner acoustic guitar, a money-is-no-object dream guitar, or you're looking longingly at a treasured older instrument that needs some love, there really is no feeling like the pleasure of restringing your pride and joy with a set of the best acoustic guitar strings. These strings—the very same that come with Gibson Acoustic instruments—bring out the true acoustic sound that only can come from a historically constructed, hand-built guitar. Guitar strings fall into two main groups: nickel wound strings for electric guitars, and bronze wound strings for acoustic guitars. I tried a set of D'Addario EJ16 and the TVSJ is as metallic sounding as any of them. I wonder if the use of MB strings on new Gibsons causes the claims of sound variability in Gibson guitars, which I often hear about on Internet forums. Bronze Wound Strings; The strings that are most popular with acoustic guitars are generally referred to as bronze wound. Designed under the watchful eye of Gibson’s acoustic guitar builders, these phosphor bronze strings balance a sharp brightness that rounds out as it sustains. Each set is vacuum sealed for freshness and extended life. Wrong! Gibson Gear Masterbuilt Premium Phosphor Bronze Acoustic, Light, 12-53. Masterbuilt Premium Phosphor Bronze Strings are top-quality acoustic guitar strings designed specifically for Gibson Montana's flat top guitars. Masterbuilt Premium Phosphor Bronze Strings are top-quality acoustic guitar strings designed specifically for Gibson Montana's flat top guitars. make offer - gibson pure masterbuilt premium phosphor bronze wound acoustic super ultra light VINTAGE GIBSON ELECTRIC 8 MONA-STEEL GUITAR STRINGS …