Instead of on rice, you can also try this on a tortilla in taco or burrito form. Serve the tofu along with some rice, a vegetable, and salad and you have a great tasty, healthy, fast, easy dinner. Another microwaveable item, this Greek-inspired meal features orzo, spinach, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and sun-dried tomatoes topped with sliced chicken that has been seasoned with garlic and oregano and finished with lemon and olive oil. Share in the comments. Whatever protein you use, it always tastes delicious. Btw, where you do live? Your email address will not be published. in All Natural, General, Products, Rave, Recipes, Trader Joes, vegetarian Sometimes its even sold out. 'It gets me a little choked up': SF's top chefs... Storied Berkeley pub closes after 56 years, Oakland chef launches TV show on Oprah's network. This is a terrific tofu product for anyone. Please solve the equation below so I know you're an amazing human and not an evil spambot! Did your go-to Trader Joe's favorite get snubbed? Baked tofu (not just TJ’s brand) always seems a bit pricey to me until I consider how much work it must take to turn soy beans into this savory treat. Sometimes its even sold out. package with 2 blocks of the baked tofu serves about 2 people, if you serve with above other stuff. Combine everything and enjoy. You could also use this, or the Sriracha version, as your “main protein” plus veggies with TJ’s very good  THAI CURRY SIMMER SAUCE for a Thai curry. • TJ's tip: Soy chorizo also works great here if you're vegetarian. Arrange marinated tofu cubes in a single layer on baking sheet. Trader Joe's is a neighborhood grocery store with amazing food and drink from around the globe and around the corner. Toss everything together in a big salad bowl and enjoy. Subscriber Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Assemble the pork and slaw on rolls and enjoy. One of the many prepackaged salad options at the supermarket, this particular combo features dried cranberries, grape tomatoes, almonds, and scallions, all tied together with a tasty dressing. Trader Joe’s tempeh and tofu is affordable | peta2 5. Remove the crisp tofu and toss with the sauce.  =  A soft-boiled egg. package has gone up in price now to $3.69 (current price, May 2019, NYC). Combine everything in a big pot and enjoy. If thats too much work for you, you can just open the package up and just slice it into cubes and throw it on top of a bed of arugula, Power Greens, spinach leave, etc., drizzle your favorite sauce or dressing on top, maybe some peanuts, and voila – you have Lunch or Dinner. Let us know in the comments. I find that roasting it on a baking sheet or sautéing it in a little bit of olive oil is best — it makes the gnocchi crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. • How to make it: Heat up the breaded chicken tenders and cut them into btie-sized pieces. Location: Refrigerated case, usually near produce section They also sell frozen shrimp tempura for something a bit different. Click through the gallery to see how brand name items compare with Trader Joe's. It’s so delicious. citrus marinated olives with feta - olives+thyme - entertaining, Trader Joe’s AUTHENTIC GREEK FETA in brine, Trader Joe’s Organic Sriracha Ranch Dressing, Brilliant Video (YouTube) If I Made a Commercial for Trader Joe's, _Pro Mac NYC (my other site and blog about Mac), A Week in the Life of a Trader Joe’s Employee, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/11/food-informants-trader-joes_n_917654.html#s325677&title=Nate_Appleman_Chipotle, why_everyone_shopping_at_trader_joes_hates_you (hysterical read! The single-serving salad retails for $3.99. Individuals with Celiac Disease or Gluten Sensitivity must avoid gluten for their health. Let it smoke for 5-15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let it cool without opening the lid. Drain tofu and slice lengthwise into thirds. Katherine Baker. Trader Joe’s is a limited assortment store, meaning we don’t carry 24 varieties of ketchup or a wall-full of mayonnaise. From all over the world, really, from Italy to California, and Tunisia to Spain…. If someone tries this to smoke the tofu, let us know how it turns out. You can always eat this buffalo chicken salad on a wrap or in a pita. However, at least half the time I end up just eating it as-is (yes, right out of the package, cold and often without even cutting it). Serve in a bowl, the hot soba arranged to one side of the tofu and the kimchi to the other, along with the sauce. You can use almost any sauce, prepared ones at Trader Joe’s such as Teriyaki, Dumpling Sauce, SoyYaki, Sriracha, Green Dragon Sauce, or even Sriracha Ranch Dressing. Search, watch, and cook every single Tasty recipe and video ever - all in one place! It’s great. How about this for a review? Visit Insider's homepage for more stories, a grab-and-go option that's loaded with protein, this microwaveable meal is a solid option to keep in your freezer, 9 of the best frozen foods you can get at Trader Joe's, according to chefs, 14 of the best desserts to buy at Trader Joe's, 10 of the best dairy-free foods at Trader Joe's, 14 of the best seasonal things to buy at Trader Joe's this summer. Change ). Plate the scallops on top of the Brussels and mushroom risotto. Turn on a low heat. I then added Soy Sauce and a little raw Sugar (the two basic elements of Teriyaki sauce) and a good deal of fresh black pepper and cooked that for a few minutes more until the sauce has cooked in and thickened a bit. The bowl can simply be reheated in the microwave as the sauce packet thaws in warm water. Tags: healthy, meatless, meatless mondays, Rave, tofu, vegan, vegan gluten free, vegetarian. Fresh Garlic (and fresh ginger) would be great to add too, of course for even more flavor. ( Log Out /  Previous TJ’s High Protein Organic Super Firm Tofu Next Trader Joe’s SMOKED ENGLISH CHEDDAR. Keep sharing more great blog post.  +  The super-firm variety is perfect for making tofu ricotta and adds a 14g protein boost per serving to any dish, but the sprouted tofu has my heart. Reporting on what you care about. Dark Chocolate Covered Bananas, Favorite Snack Runners-Up:Peanut Butter Filled PretzelsWorld's Puffiest White Cheddar Corn PuffsOrganic Elote Corn Chip DippersChili & Lime Rolled Corn Tortilla Chips, Favorite Beverage Runners-Up:Charles Shaw WineHoneycrisp Apple Cider (seasonal)Triple Ginger Brew (seasonal)Spiced Cider (seasonal), Favorite Produce Runners-Up:BananasHoneycrisp ApplesBrussels SproutsShaved Brussels Sprouts, Favorite Cheese Runners Up:English Cheddar with Caramelized OnionsCreamy Toscano Soaked in SyrahWild Blueberry & Vanilla ChèvreCranberry Chèvre (seasonal), Favorite in Home, Bath & Beauty:Scented Candles (scents vary seasonally), Favorite in Home, Bath & Beauty Runners Up:Rose Water Facial TonerCoconut Body ButterShea Butter & Coconut Oil Hair MaskUltra Hydrating Gel Moisturizer. I just wished TJs carried a smoked tofu! display: none !important; It will get smokey in the kitchen. I often see people grabbing 2 or 3 packages at a time and throwing them in their cart. The 16-ounce bag of rice contains 3 1/2 servings and is loaded with tofu and protein-rich edamame. It has cotija cheese, tortilla strips, cabbage, cilantro, and a really delicious spicy avocado dressing. Clearly there is a reason it’s this popular! • TJ's tip: Of course, you could use any T.J's frozen gnocchi if you don't love the cauliflower version. All of these meals can be customizable, so if you're vegetarian or hate a certain ingredient, swap in something different! But honestly both flavors are good so do try both at some point and see which of the two you like best. THAI CURRY SIMMER SAUCE for a Thai curry. Whether you're looking for an easy lunch or a late-night snack, this microwaveable meal is a solid option to keep in your freezer. Will eat it just like that or with some added white rice and pineapple/peach slices. We tend to make exceptions to the whole “limited assortment” thing, though, when it comes to olive oil. Trader Joe's offers many ready-to-eat and easy-to-prepare lunch options in both its refrigerator and freezer sections. The dish is ready-to-eat after just five minutes in the microwave. It can be eaten on its own as the Main. Organic 3-Grain Tempeh . Not only is it cheap, this tempeh is delicious, and a heartier alternative to tofu for your stir-frys, sandwiches, or tossed onto salads. • How to make it: Toast the aloha rolls, heat up the pulled pork according to package directions, and toss the coleslaw with the dressing. Try making these tacos with your favorite like filling (think: coconut shrimp, pork belly, carnitas, skirt steak, or portobello mushrooms). Place tofu in a shallow dish and coat with coconut aminos. • TJ's tip: I've made this recipe with shrimp, smoked salmon, and even tofu instead of chicken. Place baking sheet on … We tend to make exceptions to the whole “limited assortment” thing, though, when it comes to olive oil. This guide is not comprehensive and is only intended to serve as a resource, not as a substitute for medical advice or care. Frozen Vegetables + Miso Ginger Broth + Frozen Potstickers, Cauliflower Gnocchi + Broccoli (fresh or frozen) + Autumnal Harvest Pasta Sauce, Frozen Chicken Strips + Shredded Cabbage with Carrots + Peanut Udon Noodle Salad, Pita Bread + Shawarma Chicken Thighs + Mediterranean Hummus, Pasta (like farfalle) + Sausage (like spicy Italian chicken) + Frozen Spinach Artichoke Dip, Asian-Style Vegetable Stir-fry + Rice + Spicy Pumpkin Curry Simmer Sauce, Frozen Shrimp + Lemony Arugula Basil Salad + Mexican-Style Roasted Corn with Cotija Cheese, Scallops (fresh or frozen) + Frozen Mushroom Risotto + Shredded Brussels Sprouts, Buffalo Ranch Salad Kit + Breaded Chicken Tenderloin Breasts + Buffalo Chicken Dip, Rice + Cuban-Style Black Beans + Chicken Asada, Tortillas + Battered Fish Nuggets + Southwestern Salad Kit. We use cookies on our website to improve the customer experience. Also found in the frozen-food section, this Korean-style rice dish retails for $3.49 and is topped with beef, vegetables, and a spicy chili sauce. For crispier scallops, coat them in a tiny bit of flour before searing. Trader Joe’s offers two amazing organic tofu varieties: Super-Firm High-Protein and Extra-Firm Sprouted. It tastes awesome with the shawarma chicken thighs, but it's equally as delicious with TJ's gyro slices or frozen falafel. on WordPress.com, traderjoesrants.wordpress.com/2020/09/05/sri…, NYT no-recipe recipe idea. • How to make it: Heat up the grilled chicken strips and toss them with the peanut udon noodle salad and some extra cabbage in a large bowl. Put a teaspoon or two of Oolong Tea (leaf) in this. Read her latest stories and send her news tips at alix.martichoux@sfgate.com. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Trader Joe's reveals customers' favorite items for 2020, Tannis Toohey/Toronto Star via Getty Images. I am planning to try it in some stir fry noodles/veggies soon. Like what you see here? A leading-edge research firm focused on digital transformation. We hold major institutions accountable and expose wrongdoing. Founder of San Francisco's Izzy's Steaks and Chops... Oakland gets new gluten-free brewery, restaurants... Berkeley restaurant closes permanently, sister... Bay Area pop-up appears in national ad spot during... Donut Savant returns to Oakland with new location. • How to make it: Heat up the risotto according to package directions then sauté the Brussels sprouts and combine.. Cook the scallops on the stovetop. You could also swap in carne asada, pre-cooked carnitas, or any protein you prefer. In short I find this is great stuff to always keep on hand in the fridge, and I almost always have a package in mine, as it’s already cooked it has a long BEST BY date (about 5-6 weeks) so its not like a meat product.