Scoop out the first batch of cooked bacon with a slotted spoon, and drain it on a paper towel-lined plate. You saved Chef John's Bacon Jam to your. This takes some time to make, and there is expert-level stirring involved, but what a small price when you consider the final results. Cook the remaining batch. Fantastic recipe!! I ended up with 2 1/2 pints. This is going on my to-do list but I just have to say how much I enjoy Chef John's videos! Mix in bourbon whiskey, coffee, sherry vinegar, and maple syrup. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Stir brown sugar, sherry vinegar, 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, black pepper, and cayenne into onion mixture; add bacon. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until fat is rendered and bacon … Add the olive oil and shallots, and cook until the shallots are slightly translucent and give off a nice fragrance, about 3 minutes. Directions Step 1 Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Stir brown sugar, sherry vinegar, 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, black pepper, and cayenne into onion mixture; add bacon. Add the olive oil and shallots, and cook until the shallots are slightly translucent and give off a nice fragrance, about 3 minutes. I use Apple juice and apple cider vinegar instead of the Balsamic vinegar and I use Sherry wine instead of sherry vinegar. Whether you do this for your Super Bowl® party or another festive occasion, I hope you give this amazing bacon jam a try soon. Enjoy within 2 days.

Congrats! Lay out on paper towels to … When fat is drained and bacon is cool enough to handle, remove bacon to a cutting board and finely chop. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I made just as the directions dictated and have been laid numerous times as a result at multiple parties! It has not been tested for home use. Now add the crumbled bacon, and stir. Remove to a cutting board, reserving 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat in the skillet.

This is wonderful! Reduce to a simmer and simmer until syrupy, 30 to 45 minutes. Stir occasionally, until the fat is rendered and the bacon is browned, but not burned or overly crispy. 1 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, divided. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Grilled Corn with Bacon Mayo and Pecorino. Info. Chop the bacon into small pieces, then put them back in the skillet. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. All rights reserved. Add the brown sugar, honey and crushed red pepper; stir until well mixed. I wouldn't even consider changing anything about this recipe. 154 calories; protein 7.5g 15% DV; carbohydrates 9.8g 3% DV; fat 9.3g 14% DV; cholesterol 22.3mg 7% DV; sodium 633.9mg 25% DV. This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional. Lay the bacon slices out in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 5 minutes. And I just put the whole Thyme stems with leaves on in and then all I have to do is take out the stems when finished cooking. This recipe looks YUMMY!!!! Remove from heat and stir balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme into jam; stir until shiny and heated through. Let cool, then transfer to a canning jar and refrigerate. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 5 minutes. Chop the bacon into small pieces, then put them back in the skillet. I won first place at the bacon competition at the fair so that makes it a 5 star recipe in my book! Add the onions to the pan and cook for about … I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds great. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. It is delicious! Keep it rockin' Chef John! Turn the heat down to low, add the beer, and bring to a simmer.

Bring mixture to a … I love the sweet-savory thing going on here and also that it coordinates well with the rest of the burger trimmings. this guy is a master. I gave most of it away but savored what I kept for myself because this stuff is pure gold!

Turn the heat down to low, add the beer, and bring to a simmer. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I wish people who change the recipe and then give it 3 stars would refrain from rating unless they made it exactly as recipe calls for. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Start with a large saute pan over medium heat. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition

Stir in garlic, brown sugar, maple syrup, vinegar, chili powder and cooked bacon.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I remember how good it was don't remember who got promoted. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced by half and you have a shimmery, glossy mixture, about 2 hours.

Pour out all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings. I use only the bacon grease to cook everything in and I pre-cut my Apple Wood smoked bacon before I fry it. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Start with a large saute pan over medium heat. Recipe courtesy of Heist Brewery, Charlotte, NC, Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Grilled Corn with Bacon Mayo and Pecorino, Savory Bacon, Cheddar, and Scallion Muffins. Pour bacon and rendered fat into a strainer placed over a bowl to drain fat. Stir water into bacon mixture and cook until jam is a brick-brown bacon color

Return pot to medium heat; drizzle 2 teaspoons reserved bacon fat and butter in pan.

Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Add the brown sugar, honey and crushed red pepper; stir until well mixed. Thanks Chef John. 2 pounds sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled, 2 cups beer, such as Heist Brewery Hive Five. Place bacon in a large, heavy-bottomed pot and cook over medium heat until bacon is crispy and the rendered fat is foaming, about 10 minutes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Put the bacon skillet over medium-high heat, add the brown sugar, molasses, honey, cider vinegar, sherry, garlic powder, mustard powder, shallots and garlic and bring the mixture to a slight boil. He is my favorite food entertainment! Saves time.

made it for promotion party. All rights reserved. Bake for 14 minutes, or until the bacon is nice and crispy. I tried this the first time and doubled the recipe to 3 pounds of bacon. Remove to a cutting board, reserving 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat in the skillet.