Top as desired. Combine the milk and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring gently to melt the butter. Jun 11, 2014 - Explore Stephanie Yancey's board "roasted banana pudding" on Pinterest. This will make a 9x13 or 2 smaller casseroles. Repeat to make a second layers. No, we're not sabotaging your healthy eating habits! I have to admit, I don't generally like banana pudding. Put the coconut milk and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring gently to melt the butter and heat the milk. Add 2 tablespoons water and mix to create a paste, and then whisk into the milk mixture. 98 g Slice bananas into 1/4 inch slices and layer over wafers. Light Tropical Banana Pudding Getting reviews... Cornstarch-thickened pudding, also known as cheater's pudding, creates the same thick, luscious texture as homemade custard with almost none of … Total Carbohydrate Let sit for 5 minutes till set. In large bowl, mix pudding mix and milk according to directions on box. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. See more ideas about Cooking light, Cooking recipes, Favorite recipes. and a temperature boost helped). Top with whipped cream. Spread 1/2 cup pudding onto bottom of 2-L serving bowl; cover with layers of 8 wafers, 1/3 of the bananas and 1 cup of the remaining pudding. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. I'll never try to find a better recipe than my tried and true Banana Pudding from Cooking Light May 1997 issue. Let cool to room temperature, then transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap directly against the surface. Cook, stirring often, until thick and bubbly, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Add a layer of half the pineapple followed by half of the coconut pudding and a layer of half of the wafers. Top pudding layer in dish with layers of 12 wafers, half the remaining bananas and 1 cup of the remaining pudding. This one doesn't even come close to it. Read More. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Slice bananas into 1/4 inch slices and layer over wafers. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap (make sure the plastic is touching the pudding to prevent a skin from forming) and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Mix together 5 tablespoons of sugar and the cornstarch in a small bowl. Cornstarch-thickened pudding, also known as cheater's pudding, creates the same thick, luscious texture as homemade custard with almost none of the fat. Top as desired. This is my traditional way of fixing banana pudding. A coconut-milk beverage subbed in for regular milk lends a subtle tropical flavor in this classic Southern dessert. Stand 12 wafers, top sides out, around edge of dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to overnight before serving. Browse our guide to healthy food, from quick weeknight recipes, entertaining menus and our editors' favorite healthy recipes. Even this version didn't wow me. Our staff and fans make suggestions all the time, but not all of them resonate. But if you use bananas for garnish, toss with lemon juice first to avoid browning. Set aside. This healthy version of Top with the remaining whipped cream and the toasted coconut flakes. Jazmin's Super Healthy Epic Coconut Cashew Cookies. Put a single layer of vanilla wafers in bottom, and set aside. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy. Gently whisk into the milk and increase the heat to medium. Cooking Light magazine's Bread Pudding has just 300 calories. Combine the whipping cream with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes till set. I, like one other reviewer, had trouble getting the pudding to set up (an extra 8 mins. Learn more. 32 %, (16 ounce) box reduced-fat vanilla wafers (you might not use whole box, save some for topping), fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix. However, my guests devoured theirs and thought it was excellent. Fold cool whip into pudding. Create a layer of wafers on the bottom of an 8- by 8-inch dish, and then add a layer of bananas and a layer of pudding. When ever I take this some where I never bring home any leftovers, so I split it into two casseroles. Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water in a separate bowl to create a thick paste. Spoon pudding mixture over bananas. All rights reserved. I usually lay a layer of vanilla wafers around outside of dish, but you can also crush some wafers and sprinkle over the top, or top with additional bananas and cool whip. In large bowl, mix pudding mix and milk according to directions on box. Cooking Lights recipe has a can of sweetened condensed milk in the recipe, and 2 tsp vanilla instead of one. Raise the heat to medium and cook, stirring, until thick and bubbly, 7 to 10 minutes. Coming up with new banana pudding flavors is not as easy as you might think. Bottom line, I would make this again for special occasion guests, but not for myself. After the holiday feasts, enjoy a lightened up dessert. Sign up to receive weekly recipes from the Queen of Southern Cooking, Paula’s Best Southern Banana Pudding Recipes. Spoon pudding mixture over bananas. Also the order is bananas, pudding wafers, repeat, instead of pouring all pudding over top. Refrigerate until set, 3 to 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight before serving. Beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. In whatever size dish you use. Top with some whipped cream and repeat to make a second layer. Arrange a layer of half of the banana slices on the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish.