Baking times vary depending on thickness of the chicken. . This was the absolute best chicken we have ever had! An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). I seasoned the chicken with tenderizer, crushed garlic and onion powder. Fast and very flavorful! Combine bread crumbs with seasonings and herbs in another shallow dish. Can you make these with Chicken boneless thighs instead? So glad you loved it! If I pull them out on freezer, do you cook them the same? The baking time depends on the thickness of your chicken breasts. When you say a 1/2 tbsp of olive oil do you sprinkle that over the chicken or do you use olive oil spray and spray the chicken like the directions say. Delicious. Maybe a little heat or even a bit of salt in the coating. Have made this twice! I substituted Captain Wafers for the saltines and added Lawry's Seasoning, cracked pepper, a 1/4 tsp Onion Powder, 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder to the crumbs. Made these for my family tonight and they looked awesome, smelled awesome, and tasted awesome. © The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. Thank you for sharing. It was easy, and the coating didn't fall off! Put milk in another bowl. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray and preheat in oven for 5 minutes. Dip the chicken pieces in the milk and then in the flour/cornmeal mixture. Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, chili powder and dried basil in a bowl. Crunchy and golden on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside, these crispy baked chicken breasts are way better than the fried version. I will definitely make this recipe again. I added a beurre blanc for flavour. Start by breading the chicken breasts with flour, egg, and panko, place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, and bake for 20-25 minutes. Thank you for the feedback! These crispy baked chicken breasts are a quick and easy weeknight meal everyone will love! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, chili powder and dried basil in a bowl. This fits perfectly. It turned out a little crunchier than I would have expected but hubby loved the crunch, I am glad that you liked this recipe, Jessy! Turn chicken pieces about 15 minutes before they have finished cooking. Your version with beurre blanc sounds incredible. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I hope you will like this recipe, let me know if you have any more questions! Hello. Thanks in advance! Moist inside beautifully crispy outside. I made 4 pounds of chicken breasts, so I adjusted the ingredients. The timing was right on! Sometimes add some HV powdered ranch dressing to panko bread crumbs and some white wine to casserole before baking. Remove them from the plate, place in a large ziplock bag and store in the freezer. I don’t think I’ve fried chicken cutlets since I’ve tried this recipe! Happy to hear your family loved this recipe , Your email address will not be published. I like my chicken super crispy, and usually that requires deep frying. Info. I didn’t have parchment paper, but it still turned out great. Hi Isabel! Place the Panko breadcrumbs in a third shallow plate. These are delicious! Crunchy and golden on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside, these crispy baked chicken breasts are way better than the fried version. Please read my. , This recipe is amazing!! 160F!! Crispy baked chicken breasts recipe is easy made in an iron skillet in the oven. !So it means alot as he critizes on the way I cook.A keeper!!! Yes, when you pull them out of the freezer, you cook them the same . Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/231366/crispy-baked-chicken May just be my oven but first batch didn't get crispy. They tasted incredible, crunchy and healthy. © as easy as Apple Pie. Both the original and my twist make fantastic chicken strips too! You saved Easy Crispy Baked Chicken to your. Cookd Pro Theme by Shay Bocks. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Final test: the kids. I discovered I ran outnof eggs! Megan, try to increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees F and leave it in the oven a little bit longer. However, please note that shredded Parm does not work as well as grated Parm in this recipe, also, Panko bread crumbs did not work as well either. I used what I had in my kitchen so I am not taking points off for the failure of what I substituted. , My husband and I loved this recipe. Thank you for this great recipe! Also, my daughter had the idea to mix the breadcrumbs we got, whole wheat Italian organic and gluten free Glutino 1/2 cup each and it was delish! Do you have to use panko Japanese style bread crumbs or will any bread crumbs work? https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-bake-crispy-juicy-chicken-in-the-oven-248170 Thank you for the feedback! Thanks for this recipe! Another yummy recipe!! An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (75 degrees C). Hi Kathleen! excellent healthy alternative and does not feel like you are sacrificing a thing. I cut my chicken breasts into filet size first. Thank you so much for the feedback! And, of course, healthier! LOL, Congrats! It tasted good I just love real fried chicken! I baked at the recommended temp for 50 minutes then checked the internal temp. Is it necessary to cut them in half , or can they be left whole? Hi Sonia! Very family friendly. Thanks for reporting back! Thanks. This recipe for Easy Crispy Baked Chicken Breasts is easy in the oven and the chicken is crispy and moist. Thank you for the feedback, Marguerite! COULD THREW A LOT OF FLOUR AWAY, THINK I COULD GET AWAY WITH 1/2 CUP INSTEAD. I have 2 relatives who must eat gluten free. We used chicken tenderloins and my 10 year old made it perfectly! Will share it in my blog soon and link it back. I love making these and having them on hand for a sandwich at lunchtime during the week or cutting them up in a salad. Crispy and delicious on the outside, yet tender and juicy on the inside. You can use regular bread crumbs in place of panko, it should still work just fine. Makes 3 to 4 servings. Fantastic recipe. Meanwhile, coat chicken with mayonnaise mixture, then roll in bread crumbs. Thank you for the feedback! Shame!! Hi Rachel! Thank you. I am glad you they liked it! I feel that it has been through enough already! I baked it in the oven on a wire cooling rack to keep it from being soggy. Dip each chicken breast half into melted butter mixture; press into bread crumb mixture to evenly … Bake 8 minutes, then turn and bake an additional 8-10 minutes or until and internal temperature of … In my opinion "Steph D" shouldn't have bothered writing a review because she didn't make THIS recipe. will definitely make this again and again. Add 1 cup Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, and garlic; stir to combine. Required fields are marked *. Mine took about 22 minutes. These look so crispy and delicious! . Dip the chicken pieces in the milk and then in the flour/cornmeal mixture. We used a few dipping sauces and everyone could choose! https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/231367/easy-crispy-baked-chicken So glad to hear that, Tim! Makes them so tender and juicy! Amount is based on available nutrient data. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. The GF Panko is extremely bland, so I use Breton Gluten Free Herb and Garlic crackers. I am so glad you enjoyed this recipe, Doug! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Arrange on preheated baking sheet. Enjoy If you don’t have an olive oil spray, you can drizzle it on top…that’s why I wrote the amount.