Before I get into my rating for each card, here’s a brief overview of my rating … Sign me up. Paul specializes in creating guides for Magic: The Gathering and Legends of Runeterra. best commons for each color. This is a decent card to play on turn 1. Follow my Twitch ► https://www.twitch.tv/merchant Let me get this straight. First of all, Nighthawk Scavenger is going to have no problem coming down as a 3/3 most of the time. Cleric colors. I don’t think you’ll be winning the game with her alternate win condition, but it’s nice to have just in case. It’s pretty much Read the Bones except you get a better selection of cards. He is passionate about trying to learn every last thing he can about a limited format, and is equally as passionate about sharing what he's learned to help people get better at limited. This card is just bonkers. I don’t see this one being a late mover, either — just stay away. As always, feel free to send any questions, comments and criticisms to me here, on Reddit, on Twitter at @DailyArena or on Facebook via the @DailyArenaMTG page. These cookies do not store any personal information. With Zendikar Rising coming to Magic: The Gathering  Arena, I’m here to provide players with a Zendikar Rising draft guide! I really enjoy playing defensive units like Kor Celebrant. Basic Lands. But the true cleverness of Zendikar Rising’s design becomes clear when you look more closely at the cards in each theme and notice the density with which they overlap; almost every card supports multiple major themes. For the first time in a long time, WotC has given us a draft format that’s elegant in … Here’s what I’d do with various numbers of Angels: A great enabler for +1/+1 strategies with decent stats. While the matter of card evaluation for this set is very nuanced and situational, there’s a few commons and uncommons that have leapt out as big indicators of success. Mind Drain: I’m not usually the person advocating for Mind Rot in draft, but this generates a lifegain trigger, fills their yard for your rogues, and generally hits harder in a set where opponents often spend several turns setting up a big party or landfall payoff. I’d avoid this card unless you’re desperate to get the party going. Zendikar Rising Limited Set Review: Gold/Artifact/Lands. By the way, this card targets itself too. I’d want 14+ cards that trigger it for it to make the cut, but it’s great when you can enable it.” – LSV, Relic Axe “A one-mana removal spell is worth jumping through some hoops for, but the risk here is that this is a literal blank card. Remember when I said 3-mana 3/2’s are usually bad? But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. Regardless of whether you’re building around Orah, Skyclave Hierophant, Relic Vial, or just whatever copies of Thwart the Grave you could lay hands on, this deck is built for attrition and incidental value. Zendikar Rising Limited Set Review: Black Cards Besides, if you get to activate her ability once, you’re probably going to just win the game. “In a deck without a +1/+1 counter theme, this is mediocre, and it doesn’t even get that much better with help. This is of the best recursion spells for limited.