Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Try the Zebulon is the name of a song by Rufus Wainwright, and Margaret Atwood used it for a character in her MaddAddam trilogy. Zevulun, Zebulyn, I prefer it to the other iterations of Zeb actually. Zeb is the only other prominent alternative form of Zebulon listed in the Top 2000. My husband went to high school with a guy named Zebulun (he went by Zeb). I think this is befitting for a robot from space. The name Zebulon is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "exaltation or little dwelling". The meaning of Zebulon is “Exalted/Honored”. Zebulon as a boys' name is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Zebulon is "dwelling of honor". Zebulon Baird Vance, American Civil War hero and North Carolina governor My name is Zebulon, but I prefer to be called Ulon. Noun זבל ( zebul) occurs five times and refers to some lofty abode which is designed to honor the occupant. The name Zebulon means Exalted, Honored and is of Hebrew origin. Zubin, Zebulon Pike, American soldier, and namesake of Pikes Peak in Colorado Zebulon Baird Vance, American Civil War hero and North Carolina governor Zebulon Brockway, American penologist The name is derived from the Northwest Semitic root zbl, common in 2nd millennium BCE Ugaritic texts as an epithet (title) of the god Baal, as well as in Phoenician and … The verb זבל ( zabal ), means to exalt or honor and occurs only once in the Bible. Know a Zebulon? Zebulen, I recently heard it for the 1st time, and loved it right away! Zebulon Pike, American soldier, and namesake of Pikes Peak in Colorado Zebulon Weaver, American politician, Zebulon Tyler Walton, "Grandpa" on the 1970's TV series "The Waltons, played by Will Geer. In American Baby Names the meaning of the name Zebulon is: Dwelling, habitation. Zebulun, namecandy - Celebrity baby names, ask the Name Lady, & more. The waw-nun ending of the name Zebulun is a common grammatical device to personify or localize the meaning of the root. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. Zebulon as a boys' name is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Zebulon is "dwelling of honor". Like Zebulon, these names are not frequently used. Zebulin, It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration! Biblical: the name of one of Jacob's son. Zeb, We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Zebulon. Its a rather neglected Bible name for boys -- and certainly a neglected "Z" name. Right now, Zebby suits him better. Biblical: the name of one of Jacob's son. Love the Zeb nickname. DEMOGRAPHICS), Zebulon entered the list in 1890-1899 and reached its peak rank of #1233 in the U.S. in the 1980s, but is not listed at the moment. I know a very confident, young boy named Zebulan/Zeb. An alternate spelling is Zebulun. In the Bible, Zebulon--or Zebulun-- was the son of Jacob and Leah, the ancestor of the tribe of Israel which bore his name and settled around Nazareth. Zebulon is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "exaltation or little dwelling". Would you like to follow Zebulon? The Zebulunites mustered the single largest army to fight for David's installation as king. Zebulon Rhyming, similar names and popularity. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. An alternate spelling is Zebulun. Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you! I think is a fantastic name. Zebulon is also a unique surname for all people. Zebulon Brockway, American penologist Zebulon Name Meaning. (2000 U.S. Has dignity and Zebulon Pike is a cool reference. It retains a subtle western edge. What are his siblings named? Famous real-life people named Zebulon. An Old Testament name with a Puritan feel and post-Zachary possibilities--one of several routes to the cool nickname Zeb. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. People who like the name Zebulon also like: Zachariah, Zeke, Gideon, Zachary, Levi, Zander, Gabriel. It was also the name of the grandpa on The Waltons. Adoption of these forms of Zebulon reached its highest during 1880-1889 (AVERAGE #1307). Suggested similar-sounding names are Delon, Devlon, Kealon, Lebron, Mellon, Nealon, Oeberon, Tiburon, Verlon and Zenon. These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Zebulon. Zev, Keep in mind that many names may have different meanings in other countries and languages, so be careful that the name that you choose doesn’t mean something bad or unpleasant. And like Ishamel, its so under used right now. Zebulan, Looking for the perfect name? © 2020 Nameberry.com. Zebulon Butler, American colonial soldier and leader From Hebrew, meaning "dwelling place" "exalted, honored". The tenth son of Jacob in the Old Testament. © 2020 Wild Sky Media All rights reserved. You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Zebulon on Nameberry. I'm not fond of Z names in general but I find this appealing and handsome. The tenth son of Jacob in the Old Testament. Zebulon is a name that's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for boys. From Hebrew, meaning "dwelling place" "exalted, honored". Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community. Zevulon, (2018 U.S. SSA RECORDS). Nickname and No-Nickname Names: Dixie and Dash, Memorial Day Names 2014: 15 great Civil War hero names, 40+ Neglected Namesake Names--Boys' edition. Zhebulen. Zabulan, Also note the spelling and the … Meanings and history of the name Zebulon. I adore this name! Pike's Peak was named for Zebulon Pike, the best known bearer of the name. PART OF WILD SKY MEDIA | Family & Parenting. ASSOCIATED WITH dwelling (home), biblical, VARIANTS Zeb, Zebulen, Zebulun, Zevulon, Zevulun, Zebulon is a rare first name for men. My best friend's cousin has a 6 year old son named Zebulon, they all call him Zebby though, it's a bit much for his young age at the moment but once he's grown it'll be a very strong name for him. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Zebulon, try our name generator. Zebulon name meaning, Hawaiian baby Boy name Zebulon meaning,etymology, history, presonality details. Search comprehensively and find the name meaning of Zebulon and its name origin or of any other name in our database.