"Even after I cleared the yo-yo test, I was told to play domestic cricket. They actually thought that I wouldn't be able to clear the test due to my age. “New look chikna chamela!! There is no point in comparing him to MS Dhoni. The former left-handed batsman had earlier voiced his opinions about young Rishabh Pant and other issues such as the yo-yo test and team management which he claimed did not favour him in the recent years before his retirement. Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. On the inconsistency of Rishab Pant, who is being seen as his replacement, Yuvraj said "He is a talent and needs to be spoken to and somebody needs to get the best out of him. Earlier this year, the celebrated southpaw, who also played a crucial role in India winning the inaugural World T20 in 2007, called time on his career. or should I bring back the beard?" The Player of the Tournament in India’s triumphant World Cup campaign in 2011, Yuvraj was dropped after the 2017 tour of the West Indies after enduring a lean patch. READ: 'MS Dhoni understands when he should retire': Shikhar Dhawan. !or should I bring back the beard ?” He was included in the squad for the West Indies tour after the Champions Trophy, but his poor showing there forced the selectors to drop him. Yuvraj Singh had shared the picture of his new look with a … They actually thought that I wouldn’t be able to clear the test due to my age. Our innovative timeline and follow functionalities allow you to track what is of essence to your sensibilities. "Never thought that I would be dropped after being named the Man of the Match in two games out of the 8-9 I played after the Champions Trophy in 2017. MS Dhoni shares fun video of gully cricket on social media, You have to understand Rishabh Pant's psychology and then work with that: Yuvraj Singh, Watch: Rohit Sharma secretly films Shikhar Dhawan talking to himself in flight, Flashback: Hardik Pandya shares image of him travelling to play local match, This day that year: Yuvraj Singh smashed Stuart Broad for six sixes in an over in a T20 World Cup game, Yuvraj can now begin to 'heal' says family after Akansha Sharma withdraws domestic violence case, Yuvraj Singh gives cheeky reply to Harbhajan's suggestion for No 4 position, Fans hilariously troll Virat Kohli after posting shirtless photo on social media, KL Rahul posts cryptic message after being constantly trolled on social media. Yuvraj recently ruffled a few feathers by saying in an interview to Aaj Tak that he was not picked for the Indian team in 2017 despite passing the mandatory yo-yo test. Somebody should put a hand around his shoulder and give him the much-needed confidence. “Even after I cleared the yo-yo test, I was told to play domestic cricket. (Photo: Getty). It has taken many years to become Dhoni. Sania Mirza trolled Yuvraj Singh for his new look and demanded him to bring his beard back. Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. “Are you pouting to hide the chin under the chin we spoke bout ???? While his fans were abuzz on social media, urging him to grow the beard back, Sania also joined the chorus, her tongue firmly in cheek. 386.3k Likes, 2,762 Comments - Yuvraj Singh (@yuvisofficial) on Instagram: “New look chikna chamela ! While many poked fun at Yuvraj Singh for his new look, few fans were amazed to see Yuvraj Singh turn the clock back and look like he did ten years ago nad took to social media to praise the star all-rounder. ", READ |  Yuvraj Singh: Rishabh Pant Is An Outstanding Talent, He Needs Guidance, READ: Anurag Thakur won't contest BCCI elections, confirms HPCA president, Sanjay Bangar reckons MS Dhoni might relinquish captaincy in next year's IPL, Rahul Dravid weighs in on need for 9th team in IPL, says tournament 'ready for expansion', Rahul Dravid bats for inclusion of T20 Cricket in the prestigious Olympic Games, CTL Vs RSCC Dream11 prediction, team, top picks, ECS T10 Barcelona match preview, Harbhajan Singh names the 'Indian version' of AB de Villiers, says 'He is unbelievable', ICC posts adorable video of Kohli's appeal to cheer for Steve Smith on World Kindness Day, 'MS Dhoni understands when he should retire': Shikhar Dhawan, Shantha Rangaswamy resigns from CAC after Conflict of Interest notice, Yuvraj Singh: Rishabh Pant Is An Outstanding Talent, He Needs Guidance, Anurag Thakur won't contest BCCI elections, confirms HPCA president.