It was later covered by Phil Collins. You can sign in to vote the answer. (swing hips a bit while marching throughout the rest of the song), (bow up and down while marching throughout the rest of the song), (everyone sits down and the song is over). Catholic Mass prayers and responses - set out as a one page, printable sheet. (clap hands together), (spread arms out and pretend to be a plane), But I'm in the Lord's Army. Betcha' goin' fishing, all the time Baby goin' fishing too Bet your life, your sweet wife Catch more fish than you Many fish bites, if you got. The Catholic Toolbox - a resource site for children's ministry, Seasons of the Liturgical Year Board Game, Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A-2020, Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License, Free-use (either copyright has expired, or the author has allowed them to be freely used). Bone to Bone (Coney Island White Fish Boy), Fish On (Fisherman Chronicles, Chapter II), Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings Fish In The Dish. Judges 5:3 - “Hear, O kings; give ear, O princes; to the LORD I will sing; I will make melody to the LORD, the God of Israel.”. Musicians have been documenting the pleasures of fish and fish-related activities for a long time, and many of those songs ended up on this list of songs about fish. Deo gratias. He's got my wind and the rain in His hands, He's got the tiny little baby in His hands, (rock arms back and forth as though you are cradling a baby). Jesus blessed this food and shares it - and there is enough for everyone, with baskets of leftovers. And Jesus said,Refrain There is certainly a place for the slower more reflective songs in worship, but for this particular list I am only interested in the upbeat ones! Peter said, “We’ve tried and Peter said, “We’ve tried and There is something so cute when watching little kids sing along and repeat the hand motions to Christian songs. Three friends, Peter, James and John: they saw Jesus coming along. Lastly, to make the list I wanted songs that SOUND like songs kids listen to today. But they didn’t get one bite.2. (pound fist in hand, point up for Jesus), My God is so big (move hands out from each other at sides), So strong and so mighty (make muscles with up with both arms, and then down), There’s nothing my God cannot do (shake head “no” and cross arms in front of body”), The mountains are His (make mountains with arms above head), The valleys are His (make valleys with arms at waist), The stars are His handiwork too – oo – oo (Hold hands above head and make “stars” with fingers), I may never march in the Infantry, (march), Ride in the cavalry, (pretend you're riding a horse), Shoot the artillery. Worship songs should also draw us closer to God and to the strength, conviction, comfort, and counsel He provides. (shower rain down with finger and then raise palms back up) - 3x, And the house on the rock stood firm! Whether it’s the image of swimming against the current, sending out a line on a sunny afternoon, or frying up the latest catch, fish are chock full of musical inspiration. Vote for your favorites! Song Teaching Tips: The goal is for the songs to be memorable, repetitive, relevant, contain movement, and fun; Help the child understand what they are singing about ; Make sure the child uses his or her pretty voice to sing - yelling is not singing; Make actions simple. The songs need to still present the same Gospel truth, but in a more modern-sounding style. Five Thousand Folks Were Following Jesus - for children, to the tune "Michael Finnegan", Sharing Christian songs and hymns that people sing, Songs about the miracle of Loaves and Fishes / Feeding of the Five Thousand, Hymns suggestions for the 33rd Sunday of Ordinary Time, Year A (15 November 2020), Hymns for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time, Year A (8 November 2020), Remembrance / Armistice Day hymn suggestions, Hymns suggestions for the Feast of Christ the King, Year A (22 November 2020). All comments on this website are moderated, so there will be a delay until yours is shown. Source(s): contemporary christian songs serving: https://shortly.im/B5mwa. Three friends, Peter, James and John: they went fishing all day long, fishing all day and fishing all night. Look and see what you will get!”3. Utilizing high energy music, easy to learn motions, and theologically sound lyrics, these videos will engage children and leaders alike! He's got the you and me sister in His hands, Bible Truth: Matthew 4:19 “And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”, I will make you fishers of men, fishers of men, fishers of men (pretend to cast fishing pole), I will make you fishers of men if you follow me (move hand over opposite shoulder), I will make you fishers of men if you follow me, Hear Christ calling “Come unto me”, “Come unto me”, “Come unto me” (Listen to ear, move hand over opposite shoulder), Hear Christ calling “Come unto me. There is certainly a place for the slower more reflective songs in worship, but for this particular list I am only interested in the upbeat ones! #102 of 182 The Best Beatles Songs#52 of 90 The Most Underrated Beatles Songs, More Bone to Bone (Coney Island White Fish Boy), #75 of 94 The Best Aerosmith Songs of All Time#5 of 102 The Best Songs with Island in the Title, #10 of 46 The Best Songs With Fish in the Title#72 of 100 The Best Songs With Bit in the Title. Download it and many more at https://www.newspringnetwork.com Check out more information about KidSpring Children’s Ministry at https://www.kidspring.com KidSpring is the children’s ministry of NewSpring Church. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. King and Buddy Guy. The Father turns His face away as wounds which mar the Chosen One bring many sons to glory.”. This song helps kids memorize Mark 1:17 and remember that we can follow Jesus everywhere! He's got the tiny little baby in His hands, He's got the you and me brother in His hands, (point back and forth between you and the kids). The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life. 1. OCP (Oregon Catholic Press) is committed to providing the very best resources, music and service to Catholic parishes and worshipers all over the world; fulfilling our mission to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all. (pound fist in hand ending strong on word “rock”) - 3x, And the rains came a-tumbling down! (shower rain down with fingers), The rain came down, as the floods came up. ©2020 OCP All Rights ReservedTerms of Use  Privacy Policy, Fishing for People [Keyboard / Guitar Accompaniment - Downloadable]. Privacy Policy   Terms of Use   California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information   California - CCPA Notice, 'Jesus Is Coming Soon' The Oak Ridge Boys. He's got the whole world in His hands, (have kids spread their arms wide above their heads and bring them down in a circle motion to meet their hands), He's got my wind and the rain in His hands, (move arms above your head back and forth with your arms bent). Take time to teach these songs and other great ones to the kids around you. Lastly, to make the list I wanted songs that SOUND like songs kids listen to today. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. Paule Freeburg, DC. (climb up a tree, hand above eyes to seek), And as the Savior passed that way, He looked up in the tree, (march, hand above eyes to seek), And he said, “Zacchaeus, you come down; (point and say), For I’m going to your house today, for I’m going to your house today.” (clap on the beat), Psalm 33:3 - “Sing to him a new song; play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts.”, (swing right arm back and forth after you say "with the right arm" and continue the action throughout the rest of the song), (add the left arm swinging back and forth throughout the rest of the song), With the right arm and the left arm and the right leg, (add the right leg marching throughout the rest of the song), With the right arm and the left arm and the right leg and the left leg, (add the left leg marching throughout the rest of the song). This video is part of our FREE children’s ministry curriculum. I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. Stressed, Anxious, and Feeling a Little Burned Out? Jesus told Peter, “Lower your net. Jesus told Peter, “Lower your net. Songs and hymns which can be freely used Break Thou the Bread of Life Christopher Walker, Hymns about the Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins / Ten Bridesmaids, Hymn for the 33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year C (17 November 2019), Catholic lectionary hymn suggestions for Sundays and feasts, Where to find liturgical music suggestions, Ad Imaginem Dei - Thoughts on the history of western art, from a Catholic perspective, Art in the Sanctuary - Sketching in the Reign.