Change ).

Smells of red grape.

Low apple flavor. Though the color is dark, the cider is clear with no haze or sediment. Contact me.<<, Cider:  Sangria Similar to their Bubbly Rosé and Bubbly Pearsecco styles, Sangria tries to bridge the gap between wine and cider drinkers. My Opinion:  I liked it. Sweet red berries up front followed by a general fruitiness. 30, 2019 at 12:00 PM MIDDLEBURY, Vt. — Woodchuck Hard Cider announces the release of their newest variety, Sangria. Moderate length finish.

We think there’s nothing better than swapping stories with family and friends over a pint at the Cidery. A little tartness sticks around to keep the sweetness in check.

( Log Out / 

Vermont Cider Company reinvigorated American hard cider in 1991, with the launch of Woodchuck, and stays focused on the category today through our commitment to crafting innovative and refreshing hard ciders. Price:  n/a (runs ~ $9.99 / six pack) Much of the equipment and methodology are shared between cider and wine making. They make it very clear that this is a sangria-inspired cider, not sangria exactly.

There’s ultra-craft Vermont Cider Co., … Although I will take care to treat it the same as any other review, there is always the potential for bias as I received it for free.

First Impression:  Deep red hue. After tasting Sangria in our innovation meetings, we knew we had a winner.

Woodchuck Hard Cider announces the latest fun release, Sangria. There’s ultra-craft Vermont Cider Co., iconic Woodchuck, fruit-forward Wyder’s as well as the classic Magners Irish Cider and Blackthorn, rounding out our import offerings. Woodchuck’s Sangria style cider is positioned along with their Bubbly Rose and Bubbly Pearsecco to appeal to both cider and wine drinkers.

Have you tried Woodchuck Sangria? No bitterness, sourness, tannins, or funk. Cidery Description: Vermont Cider Company is a leading hard cider maker in the United States, with a state of the art cidery located in Middlebury, Vermont. Cider: Sangria.

Similar to their Bubbly Rosé and Bubbly Pearsecco styles, Sangria tries to bridge the gap between wine and cider drinkers. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account.

Cider Description:  A semi-sweet cider with notes of red wine, citrus and berry to give a full-bodied taste inspired by Sangria. Basic Info.

As Woodchuck describes, this cider is “inspired by the traditional Spanish drink, Sangria is a semi-sweet cider, showcasing balanced notes of red wine, bright acidity, and berry. Where Drank:  home I love free stuff, especially cider! Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account.

How Found:  it showed up. Sangria is available now, on draft and in 12oz 6-packs. It is my first time trying this, although I have had most of their line-up (see here). No spam, I promise. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account.

Tasting Notes:  Semi-sweet to semi-dry. With this close relationship, it’s not much of a stretch to see why wine-like ciders are popping up. If I knew more about red wine I could probably draw some comparisons here. ABV:  5.5%

Enjoy the newest round of innovation from the brand that started the American cider revolution!

Label Description: “A semi-sweet cider with notes of citrus and berry to give a full-bodied taste inspired by sangria.”.

Cidery: Woodchuck. ( Log Out / 

Moderate acidity. Cidery Location:  Middlebury VT Where Bought:  n/a ( Log Out /  Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Vermont Cider Company crafts a variety of ciders fora variety of consumers. >>This is a review of a sample can provided to Cider Says by Woodchuck. Apr. Want your cider or cider-related product reviewed here? Follow this blog to receive notifications by email. Medium bodied.

Closing Notes:  This would be a great cider to bring to a bbq or similar summer event. Back then we didn’t really care that the world was drinking beer, because we had a passion for hard cider. Review of Woodchuck’s Sangria cider. The liquid presents a full-bodied mouthfeel, complimented by a light carbonation, and a subtle sweetness at the finish. There’s a nice balance between the two drinks, with something to offer for those who like either or both. Sangria is an aromatised drink based on wine, which is traditionally red. Semi-sweet with lingering red fruit notes.

It will also be available in 15.5-gallon kegs. What did you think? ABV: 5.5%. Low tartness.

Woodchuck Hard Cider announces the latest fun release, Sangria. Origin: Middlebury, VT, USA.

Their description states that “Sangria is a semi-sweet cider, showcasing balanced notes of red wine, bright acidity, and berry [with a] full-bodied mouthfeel, complimented by a light carbonation, and a subtle sweetness at the finish.” With that in mind, let’s taste it! Deep ruby red with light carbonation. Fenceline Whip & Tongue, Spur Bearer, and Pommeau.

Enjoying this delicious cocktail just got a whole lot easier!”, “We are thrilled to see the response by fans, both new and old, to Woodchuck’s Bubbly Rosé and Bubbly Pearsecco releases last year,” said Vice President of Marketing, Bridget Blacklock, “and we wanted to build on the excitement by creating another wine style. Post was not sent - check your email addresses!

I’m starting to sound like a broken record, but cider is essentially wine made from apples instead of grapes. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Style:  American commercial cider from dessert apples, with natural fruit flavors and grape skin extract for color, Availability:  semi wide release by July 2019. Most Similar to:  Portland Cider Sangria plus Portland Cider Concord Grape. No carbonation.

Woodchuck Dark & Dry Draft Hard Cider. At Woodchuck® we have been crafting America’s original hard cider since 1991. Vermont Cider Company reinvigorated American hard cider in 1991, with the launch of Woodchuck, and stays focused on the category today through our commitment to crafting innovative and refreshing hard ciders. Vermont Cider Company crafts a variety of ciders for a variety of consumers. (Full disclosure: Woodchuck sent us a sample of Sangria to try.). A welcome amount of acidity is present all throughout and helps maintain a clean palate. Cidery:  Woodchuck ( Log Out /  Don't miss a new post! It takes inspiration from sangria but drinks like a cider thanks to its relatively low ABV, which actually makes it more refreshing. To be honest it’s sweeter than what I’d normally go for but I'm glad to see that no artificial colors or flavors have been added. There’s iconic Woodchuck, fruit-forward Wyder’s as well as the classic Magners Irish Cider and Blackthorn, rounding out our import offerings. Raspberry, strawberry, blackberry, and maybe a hint of sweet black cherry as well.

We can’t wait to see what the feedback is from fans!”. It’s distributed nationally so you should be able to find it wherever Woodchuck is sold! Sangria is an aromatised drink based on wine, which is traditionally red. Available nationally beginning in May with a full national roll out by July, Sangria (5.5% ABV) will retail for $9.99 for a 6 pack of 12 oz cans. Enjoy it cold, and though it stands alone just fine, throw an orange slice and some berries in if you're feeling adventurous. Just look at the rosé cider boom (not complaining, there are some fantastic rosé ciders out there!). If you like sweeter ciders, fruity ciders, and/or sangria, I think you’ll really enjoy this one. That’s not a bad thing – just don’t open a can expecting traditional sangria. Berries, berries and more berries.
The only consideration I knowingly made was pushing this up in my cider review cue. #WoodchuckSangria #Woodchuck #Sangria #PickCider #Cider #IllTryCider #IveHeardThatItsGood. So that’s what we made. Cidery Description:  Vermont Cider Company is a leading hard cider maker in the United States, with a state of the art cidery located in Middlebury, Vermont. The Cider House and Tap Room welcome visitors with self-guided tours, tastings, Woodchuck® gear, and 20 ciders on tap. Sure, cider may be popular now, either way we’ve stayed true to our roots, fermenting quality innovative ciders with every batch, because we like it. Vermont Cider Company crafts a variety of ciders fora variety of consumers.

For more information about Vermont Cider Company, please visit: www.vtciderco.com, Want to win tickets, prizes, and more?

Cider Description: A semi-sweet cider with notes of red wine, citrus and berry to give a full-bodied taste inspired by Sangria. Super easy to drink and fruity, although rather grapey.

Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. The Cider Seeker's tasting notes on and review of Woodchuck Hard Cider's Sangria style cider. Woodchuck Hard Cider Sangria, Vermont | tasting notes, market data, prices and stores in TX, USA Users have rated this product 4 out of 5 stars. It is widely produced in bottled, and increasingly canned form, but is also often prepared from raw ingredients at bars and restaurants, or at home. Notes of red grape and green apple, with hints of lemon, pineapple, and red wine. Low to moderate flavor intensity and complexity. Overall (and honest opinion, unbiased by Woodchuck’s generosity in sending us a sample): Sangria is a fun cider made for hot summer days. Join Now, This site is owner and operated by Trevor & Nolan O'Malley | CiderScene, How To Have A Virtual Thanksgiving Gathering.

How Supplied:  12oz cans

Very high sessionability. Vermont Cider Company is a leading hard cider maker in the United States, with a state of the art cidery located in Middlebury, Vermont. Come check out our Cidery, just off scenic Route 7 in Middlebury, VT.