Jesus said in the gospel of (mattew 15:24) “i am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of isreal”, as well as gospel of (mattew 10:5-6), Jesus said “go not into the way of the Gentiles and into any city of samaritans enter ye not. He also addresses postmodern fears about religious violence and elitism. In the book’s preface, Edwards claims that his subject matter is too important either “to be relegated to academia” or “to be written simplistically or breezily” (xii-xiii). Give them the good news of Christ by telling them that their sins have been forgiven and that they are to come back to God. They are fixed and govern human beings spiritually. 6:1-2); after all, He commands us to be perfect. Only she left the camp of the condemned to joined the ranks of God’s people. Even demons “believe”. God designed it this way. Christ came only to save Israel and through Israel the whole world would be saved if you believed in what he taught. If He’s right then unbelievers are definitely not saved; they are condemned. Salvation isn’t a noun, it’s actually a verb. Universal salvation throught the merits of Jesus was the prevailing doctrine of the early church. Can God fail in His perfect plan (all His ways are perfect), can His love ever fail? The Word did not merely enter into a fleshly body and become God inside of, and separate from, His human body. Option #3 – All will be saved in the end! Be sure to give thanks to our “God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fades not away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time” (I Pet. Those who conclude this err in their reading of God’s Word. But don’t lose heart, keep on sowing the good news by the power of the Holy Spirit, and pray for the lost. Finally, “The gospel does not destabilize the world. (3) Don’t use these threads to advertise. ____ says they have 67,000 members — but think about it — that is a drop in the bucket compared to those who ascribe to the TRUTH. Jesus is the Savior of the entire world. I agree that if letting people know about a beautiful and wonderful Savior isn’t enough then share about the eternal separation from God. What does it mean to be saved though my flesh is weak and I am sin in nature? Who? Looking forward to the Passover season, don’t allow yourself to forget the tremendous price that Jesus and the Father paid for us. Thanks for a simple, non-argumentative article on this subject. In chapter 8, he argues that people no longer understand Jesus’ work because they no longer understand sin. I applaud you for taking the time to speak on this Paul! They tell the masses to “give their hearts to Jesus” and to accept Him as their personal Savior. The good news is that God destroyed the curtain that separated us from Him. Here he will find an irenic yet forceful refutation of those approaches, and a humble but clear affirmation of Jesus Christ as the world’s only Savior. In a series of short posts, I want to look at some of the scriptures used to support these and similar claims (e.g., all are righteous, all are in union with Christ). The New Testament is a credible historical source — much better than anything else of comparable age. BTW, I read your articles on Rahab and James. “It would be a cruelty if a cure for a dreaded disease were discovered, but not delivered to those suffering from the disease” (p. 239). Not only is Jesus the savior, but the only way to truly “breathe more easily” is to put one’s faith in him, “for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12; cf. 6:23) and allow the possibility of our receiving eternal life. I look forward to reading the rest of the series. Is a savior from sin meaningful in an age of moral relativism? (The correct answer of course, is when you believed. Thank you also for addressing that while we don’t know if univeralism is true, we do know that the gospel of grace leads to confidence, hope and action for today. That it’s a stick of the convenant that came before the cross of Jesus. Those who say He isn’t do not have a compelling argument. I’m new to the Grace concept as presented on this (and other) forums, but I’ve always believed in Jesus as Savior. Jesus is referenced as being the “Almighty” twelve times in the New Testament (NIV) as He was fully God and fully man. Blessings, bro! There is a very clear distinction in any transaction between being paid for and then receiving, just as what you said when you expounded on the word meaning of saved. I don’t normally publish my notes, but several people have been asking for my views so there they are. By using our site, you agree to the use of cookies. Because all of these religions have some of the pieces of the puzzle, Edwards says, we should expect similarities among them. But it pleases God sometimes to use us as agents of conversion, and to that end Christ commanded us to teach and preach and make disciples of all nations. Hi Tom, I agree that faith is more than intellectual acceptance of an idea. Why ask it if he truly is the Messiah? Christian Universalists believe that all will be saved because of the infinite merits of the blood of Jesus. But what is important is how is one’s life affected by the view one has taken, even when we are all Christians. Placuit Deo builds on the foundations of an earlier document by the CDF, issued in the year 2000 during the pontificate of Pope John Paul II. Also, YWAM missionary Gerry Beauchemin’s website where his entire book is available for free download. I’ve been kind and trimmed a couple of the longer ones but that’s really out of character for me. It is universal and automatic. Your belief differs from theirs in just one point- you do not reunite with God upon your death. And yet among Christians this question – Is Jesus the Savior of the world? We are redeemed (all) but not all saved. It shows us that Jesus, formerly known as the Word, was born for a particular purpose: to save. We are “birthing” babes into the Kingdom. Perhaps Jesus said what he said because on the cross he who knew no sin became sin for us and in that moment the Son, who had walked in constant communion with the Father, suddenly discovered the isolation of sinful, alienated man. ( Log Out /  The fact that ALL sin was paid for does not automatically imply that EVERYBODY has chosen to ACCEPT the free gift. This sixth chapter is the best in the book. Yet Jesus was known as the Savior of the world long before He died. Once they are there they must be fed according to their abilities to chew; but always keep this in mind, they are already born. When did Jesus save the world? Yet the Scriptures plainly reveal that Jesus died and was buried in the grave, and was not conscious. Before Jesus had saved anyone, He was known as the Savior of the world. As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the Sons of God. Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. You have a better chance of jumping to the moon through practice, practice, practice. I will say that John was speaking of the world, not the church. I think He is still on plan A. It was one of us who gave the planet to Satan and Jesus acting as one of us who died to take it back. As I’ve stated in my earlier post this is my 3rd and final post.This is an amazing(sight) that people can go to and have scales removed.So I will end my post by using knowledge that I’ve learned from this site.One of the most important that I’ve learned was to view everything in view of the cross.What was said and done before the cross and what was said and done after the cross.For examples lets take your 1John 5;19 comment where john stated that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. God is not willing that any perish, yet people perish. – leads to two radically different answers: (1)    Yes – all can be saved Edwards points to numerous biblical images, all of which testify to Christ’s unique role as the world’s only Redeemer. How will God claim victory over sin and death (destroying both); become all in all at the end of the eons and reconcile the whole world to Himself (all in heaven and on earth) IF the majority of the earth’s population is “lost”? I do have some criticisms and reservations about the book. Since Jesus would not have returned to heaven leaving the job half-done, the whole world must have been saved 2000 years ago. (Isa 49:6). Thank God that He sent His only begotten Son because He so loved the whole world. So “that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil…For verily He took not on Him the nature of angels [Jesus was not composed of spirit]; but He took on Him the seed of Abraham [became flesh and blood]. Then why is it when in that same bible it says in 1tim.2:3&4:God our saviour who will have All men be saved and come into the knowledge of the truth…and i say does that all excluded any we say why yes it does…just thinking out loud…going back to finish my eggs thanx……. “No one … would regard the discovery of a cure for AIDS … in Rochester or Cambridge or Tokyo as exclusive,” says Edwards. as to worship i bow my knee without shame to the Lord Jesus Christ who is not the potential savior of mankind but in fact is the savior of all mankind who took away the sin of the world and as in the first Adam all die so in the last Adam Jesus Christ all will be made alive but every man in his own order . Lee provides commentary on cultural trends and relevant issues to Christians, along with providing cogent book and media reviews. In fact, most churches focus entirely on the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, and that He is the Savior of the world. ), Submission doesn’t mean what you think it means, 6 awesome things that will happen when Christ returns. Believing in Christ Jesus is adhering to the leading of the Holy Spirit. I know this is brief. Being even more honest, once a little doubt creeps in, the notion has really begun to frighten me. Forgiveness is the same. Did God really abandon Jesus because he really was not the Messiah as some people claim? We should not be bashful about delivering this cure — by means of evangelism, apologetics, public debate, and the example of our own lives, inasmuch as is possible for us. 5:10)—we may now overcome our sins and build God’s holy, righteous character, which is vital for entering the kingdom of God. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. It is God’s desire that they be saved yet not all are saved, which is why we are commissioned to preach the gospel. 1:18). Some readers will find themselves on familiar ground as Edwards plays out his line of reasoning. Samaritans at a well He was revealed as “the Savior of the world” (Joh 4:42). “Condemned” is existing apart from Him. Once a person “accepts Jesus,” they believe, he or she is guaranteed a “place in heaven.”.