We use the question word whose to ask about possession. English grammar lesson on-line for elementary level students - An explanation of the use of whose + possessive pronouns with printable exercises. When we have two or more people, and each person has one thing, we add ‘s after each person. No Comments. We also use the possessive ‘s to talk about shops and houses. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Non-Commercial - No-Derivatives 4.0 International License . Facebook. Reconsider Cookies We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. Grammar is easy: Who, Whose and Possessive. In this post, we are going to learn more about WH questions. (= the chemist’s shop) I need to go to the chemist‘s. 1. (NOT the father of Peter) 2. There are two possible forms: When we answer with the possessive ‘s, we can also use ‘s + noun or ‘s without a noun. Find out more about cookies and how to change your cookie settings. We use ‘s to show that something belongs to a person (or a pet) or to talk about relationships between people. It’s Mike’s. Find out more about cookies and how to change your cookie settings. This decision can be reversed. A1–Elementary English grammar and exercises. (=Two people have one car.). 1George is my sister's new boyfriendthe new boyfriend of my sistermy sisters' new boyfriend. This is a new grammar post. We also use the possessive ‘s to talk about shops and houses. Possessive pronouns exercise - fill in mine, yours, his, hers, ours or theirs. We use of and NOT ‘s when we talk about things (and not people or pets). 6You need to clean the floor's housesthe floor of the housethe house's floor. Change Cookie Consent possessive pronouns and possessive adjectives : exercise 1. exercise 2. exercise 3. exercise 4. exercise 5. exercise 6 . (= at John’s house) 2. We use ‘s to show that something belongs to a person (or a pet) or to talk about relationships between people. When we have two or more people, and each person has one thing, we add ‘s after each person. 4This is Hellens houseHellen's housethe house of Hellen. This decision can be reversed. POSSESSIVE PRONOUNS AND WHOSE . When one thing belongs to two or more people, add ‘s only after the last noun. When one thing belongs to two or more people, add ‘s only after the last noun. We also use the possessive ‘s to talk about shops and houses. And stay updated on the WeLoveTeachingEnglish services. Plural noun ending in -s + ‘ (apostrophe), Irregular plural noun (NOT ending in -s) + ‘s. (= One car belongs to Tom and another car to Jenny. Whose, possessive 's. Whose, possessive ‘s – Whose is this? We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. You can change your preferences at anytime using the controls which are available at the bottom of every page of our site. I am at John‘s. By continuing you agree to our use of cookies. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. This is Peter‘s father. With nouns that are used together very often, we often use them together without of and without ‘s. 3. Present Perfect Continuous vs Present Perfect Simple, Clauses of contrast, purpose, reason and result, Creative Commons Attribution - Non-Commercial - No-Derivatives 4.0 International License, « Elementary - Countable and Uncountable nouns, Present Perfect vs Past Perfect - Rules and exercises for intermediate level, Past Perfect Continuous - Rules and exercises for intermediate level, Comparative and Superlative Adjectives - Rules and exercises for intermediate level, Past perfect Simple - Rules and exercises for intermediate level, Personal Pronouns - Rules and exercises for intermediate level, Possessives - rules and exercises for intermediate level. ), 8This is Tom's and Jenny's carthe car of Tom and JennyTom and Jenny's car. 3The pages of the bookbook's pagesbooks pages are yellow. We use the question word whose to ask about possession. What’s cracking? Linkedin. You have declined cookies. It’s Mike’s. Subscribe to our Newsletter and receive free grammar lessons and exercises, graded readers with comprehension questions, and tips on how to improve your English. By continuing you agree to our use of cookies. October 30, 2017 - Priscila Pereira. Today, we will focus on who and whose. 5This is the collar of my dogmy dogs collarmy dog's collar.