We have used preserves before and it doesn’t hold up as well. Mix in the melted (and cooled) white chocolate on a low speed, and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. So happy to hear that! Dollop 1/2 of the buttercream onto the first layer, then spread evenly right up to 1 cm from the edge using a butterknife or small offset spatula. ? Hope that helps, and that your cake for your friend turns out great!! Allow the sugar to dissolve, whisking intermittently, heating to 65°C to ensure egg whites are pasteurised. 480 g white sugar Lower the heat to medium-low, and allow the filling to simmer for 10-15 minutes. This has become something of a signature dish of sorts. Some had great success just as the recipe was written and other had success adjusting the recipe to their elevation and/or tastes. Rich, moist cake is filled with an easy raspberry filling and topped with luscious cream cheese frosting. Thank you to the moon and back for 5000 views! That sounds delicious! Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F fan-forced. Swiss meringue buttercream can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to one week, or frozen for up to 6-8 weeks. Please donate to help us continue our life-saving work. ( Log Out /  We can’t wait to see what you’re cooking and share it on our website! They should take about 38-40 minutes to bake. All the flavors complement each other, and the presentation is beautiful. They’re especially good dipped in a little leftover white chocolate ganache…. We made this for my daughter’s birthday – it is delicious! Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the powdered sugar (start with 2 cups then keep adding more until it is nice and thick). Assemble the cake close to serving time, as the cake shouldn’t be refrigerate once the meringues have been placed on top, to avoid the meringues going soft and sticky. So I just made the icing ahead of time and put in the frig over night… it is all hard now, will it be ok and back to normal after it comes to room temperature? 205 g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes and cool, but not cold (leave out of fridge for 15-20 minutes before use) If possible, make the raspberry filling in advance! Get brand new recipes from these chefs and many more…, By clicking SUBMIT, I consent to you using my details to send me The Happy Foodie newsletters and confirm that I have read and understood Penguin Random House's, © 1995-2020 Penguin Books Ltd. Place the cake in the fridge for about 15-20 mins at this stage to chill slightly, allowing this first thin layer of buttercream to form your ‘crumb coat’, locking in crumbs and preventing them from entering your final coat. If time allows, place the cake back in the fridge for a couple of hours to allow the flavours to develop and for ease of cutting neat layers when serving. It’s actually exactly the same! Beat the butter on a low speed for 30 seconds with a paddle or whisk attachment, until smooth. Test this by rubbing a bit of meringue between your thumb and forefinger. 300 g plain flour Hi, I finally made the cake and the filling and icing are delicious! Add the butter and coconut milk, and beat on low speed for a few minutes to moisten the dry ingredients. This is a crusting buttercream recipe. Vegetarian . That’s great Barbara!! While the white chocolate raspberry frosting is delicious, Assembling this cake is easiest when the cake is slightly chilled, the buttercream is at room temperature and the chocolate glaze is slightly warm and fluid. recommend making it ahead of time. If so how much? If you cut into the cake and have leftovers. Once all of the butter is added to the buttercream, continue beating on a low speed for a minute or two. If you try this white chocolate raspberry cake recipe, I’d love to hear what you think! How does this cake recipe work with cupcakes? Did you mean to store it in the freezer overnight or did you mean the refrigerator? But if you want to make a less sweet frosting that uses less butter you can make a batch of my swiss meringue buttercream. Hello! Also, these cakes don’t dome as much as others so it’s fine if you don’t feel the need to slice off the tops. Dollop a spoonful of buttercream on your cake board or serving plate, and secure the first cake layer upside down. Hope you give it a go and have a wonderful birthday!! Repeat with the next layer. Thankyou so much for your reply, I want to try with buttermilk and I think I just might today because I could literally eat your cakes everyday haha you have the best recipes and I really appreciate you sharing. Can’t wait to try it. None of them compared to the frosting made with raspberry powder. Any suggestions about coloring the raspberry buttercream? Stir until the cornstarch has fully dissolved into the water. Line a deep roasting dish with baking paper, and pour the sugar in. Frost cake by squeezing out the frosting from the outside of the cake toward the middle. Once cooled, swap whisk attachment for paddle attachment. If the knife does not come out clean, keep placing back in the oven for 3-5 min at a time until it does. Thanks for asking! Indulgent and so tasty... it's a winner with all ages :). round baking pans. For the raspberry filling I recommend using Solo pastry and pie filling. Raspberry powder might seem like a kind of finicky ingredient, and I know most people don’t have it in their pantries. If you don’t want to use sour cream or don’t have any on hand, you can also use full fat yogurt, buttermilk, or whole milk in its place. Mix in the remaining dry ingredients on a low speed. You can use a bit of raspberry jelly or jam, just be careful not to add too much or the frosting cake break. Serve at room temperature with a clean sharp hot knife. Do you think it will be hard to spread on the frosting? 3 teaspoon baking powder White Chocolate Raspberry Cake. Juicy raspberries, sweet coconut and white chocolate... we can't think of a better combination! 6 large egg whites Allow to cool slightly before pouring. Will that work the same or should I just get vanilla? I followed the recipe exactly as it was. Hi, I’m making this cake for my sister in-law’s wedding, and I’m wondering your opinion about whether the cake would taste yummy and raspberry-y enough if I didn’t end up adding the raspberry powder for the frosting and just did the raspberry filling and buttercream frosting? While the cake layers bake and cool, make the white chocolate buttercream frosting. Leave for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth. Haha I love trimming off the tops and eating them too!!! Sometimes I think it tastes better at the restaurant simply because I didn’t have to make it, or clean up after! Or is there a way to make it a little thinner? Thank you! Oil – Use 1/2 cup softened butter instead of 1/2 cup oil. if i changed all the raspberry parts for strawberry would it turn out the same? I can eat that buttercream with a spoon, the flavor is THAT good! Would I need to add the heavy cream if I were omitting the raspberry powder and just having it as a white chocolate buttercream? Trying to think of ideas for the kids' lunchboxes can be a bit of a headache! It still works, but they’ll make super flat cupcakes! This can take up to 20 minutes, so be patient if the texture looks a little strange. Use the base of one layer for the base of the cake, and the base of the other layer (turned upside down) for the top of the cake to avoid crumbs in the buttercream. Bake for 5 minutes, until the edges just start to melt. I use this for making kringles since it does not explode like preserves can. Also, if you’ve already taken the time to make the rest of this cake from scratch, there’s no reason to skimp on the filling! Thanks much! Coconut Cake, adapted from this recipe Enjoy a cheesy, black bean and veg-packed version of this classic Mexican dish! I did strawberry instead of raspberries and it turned out amazing! Hope you give it a go! This cake is made with incredibly soft and tender white cake layers, filled with white chocolate frosting and a raspberry filling, and covered in raspberry frosting. I think I should reduce amount of batter. Still some sticking bc of the preserve (which yes you can use taste wise bc it’s AH – MAZING! You’ve converted me to using powder instead of jam or purées in the frosting and I’m never going back, it’s amazing!! It was so good, everyone loved it. Half (maybe even a little more than half) of the cake batter should be in the pan before adding the first layer of raspberry filling. So happy the recipe worked well!! This cake was delicious. I hope this all makes sense to you.