Made this today. I am making a very large sheet cake. I see a lot of complaints about the batter not being right, but if you have a food scale just buy two boxes of cake mix (I know around here Betty Crocker is cheap.) I did not use vanilla. So as I mentioned, I bulked the recipe and made 130 cupcakes. Maybe add some additional pink neon food coloring?? 15.25 instead of the 18.75 they used to be. Also almond extract instead of vanilla. Beat with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Some at 350 degree bake hotter than others. I’ve always used Duncan Hines Golden Butter cake mix for this cake. Hopefully this helps someone else too :). Make chocolate cupcakes the easy (and decadent!) So glad you guys enjoyed this. Lobster dinners are cheaper for 1 than they are for 2 people, and we don’t have to share our box of chocolates! Hi!!! I hate that it didn't work out for you! Which I actually did this the first time. I had a couple people wanting my card and I do not bake at all for a living. I have made many cakes/cupcakes but I have never had so many compliments! Cool completely. This recipe calls for a lot of extra fat and a small amount of milk. Follow the cake mix directions for baking. I did a lemon cake mix with lemon pudding. but it makes perfect flat,even layers for layered cakes .....and taste AMAZING! Over mix maybe?? It's so moist and delicious! These White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes are sweet, tangy, creamy and moist with a silky white chocolate buttercream and a tart & juicy raspberry filling! This batter rises quite a bit and it makes more batter than normal so you have to allow for that. I even used this recipe in bulk at a kids camp I volunteer at every year (a group of 6 of us cooks for 130+ for 7 days-breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.) This doctored up cake mix makes more batter because of the added ingredients, so it makes too much to fit it all into a 9x13 baking pan for example. My mom and husband loved it. That is so awesome. They will end up being almost halfway full of batter. It's just great. Can I use heavy whipping cream instead of milk? I wanted to create a delicate cupcake that showcased both of these flavors prominently so you could get the whole ~experience~ of eating both at the same time. I want to make the whitest cake I can for a wedding cake. Yes. This requires me to put less liquid, usually a little less milk. Sorry, but most cake mixes are NOT 16-18 oz.! Has anyone tried making this cake at high altitude? I love your changes and additions. WHEN WILL THERE BE A REVISED EDITION BE POSTED ? Good or bad :). I believe that cake mix should work just fine. The same thing happened to me. Prepare to swoon without the use of rose petal detritus! I don't want to change or delete this one because it works so well for so many of you**, CAKE MIX TASTE HOMEMADE (DOCTORED UP CAKE MIX RECIPE), Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST. Hi, I tried your recipe with a dark chocolate cake mix and a chocolate fudge instant pudding mix and it was amazing!!! Thanks! In our family it’s kind of a tradition to make them. My husband said he thought it was the best cake I had ever baked and I have been baking scratch cakes for over 40 years. If you're checking the cake over and over again, he advised you're changing the temperature of your oven and will see less than stellar results. That's a good point. Can you tell me how to prevent my cake from shrinking back to the size of the batter. Black cherry yogurt sounds amazing! The consistency of the cake was very strange, dense, hardly any crumb, and flat. You can eat the innards like I do, or discard them if you’re a heathen. I am actually in the process of reworking this recipe because the reviews are so mixed about it. Maybe a little less. Then just add in some confectioners’ sugar to thicken it up and pipe it high onto these beauties. Yes, it falls due to being under baked. Will butter work instead of the oil for this recipe? I accidentally grabbed a box that said pudding in the mix and still added pudding mix anyway and it turned out just fine. I have a a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I always have to bake longer than the suggested time. As your directions state to use 1 cup of oil is that too muc? I followed the recipe exactly and my cupcakes were all flat and sunken. This recipe seems to be a hit or miss for people. I used Duncan Hines Butter Cake, melted butter instead of oil, full fat sour cream, full fat milk, instant sugar free white chocolate pudding mix, extra vanilla and Princess flavoring (husband loves this) and the extra six tablespoons of flour some posters said gave them success. Hey great recipe! They are quick and simple, but so moist, rich, and chocolaty! Does the cupcakes need to be refrigerated. This will make a perfect 9 inch round cake! I know this post is from a while ago. We tasted the original test ones I made and even though ugly they were delicious. Less sour cream and less oil. Sugar free should work just fine. I hope it works for you when you try it again. Try lining the cake pan with parchment paper. Thank you ❤️. For all the frustrating times I've made box cake and always turning out dry no matter how many things I try to add to make it moist.