Their tan or brown faces are usually adorned with broad smiles (beneath their prodigious noses), and their bright eyes shine with excitement. They can live 350 to almost 500 years. On Social Media: Roll20® is a Registered Trademark of The Orr Group, LLC.

Most whisper gnomes also speak Terran, and they sometimes use that tongue as a sort of semisecret code when in the company of other races.

A whisper gnome with a Charisma score of at least 10 also has the following spell-like abilities: 1/day – ghost sound, mage hand, message. Since I'm going to use it in my campaign, here is a treat for you /u/AesirThor, http://www.naturalcrit.com/homebrew/share/4J2-oii_g. Gnomes average slightly over 3 feet tall and weigh 40 to 45 pounds. Oh, let me revise that. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. Small: As a Small creature, a whisper gnome gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than. Alignment: Most whisper gnomes are neutral or neutral good. Whisper gnomes outwardly resemble common gnomes, but they lack the jovial nature and easy outlook on life that their more common relatives enjoy. If the whisper gnomes' allies find themselves short of a few valuables after the gnomes have left their community, the losses are offset by the whisper gnomes' valuable scouting and information-gathering abilities. I like how specialized it is. Night whisper trollkin trace their ancestry to enigmatic fey creatures from the Shadow Realm. Alignment: Gnomes are most often good. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies.

Gnomish serial killers who turn out to be …

A subreddit for D&D 5e homebrew. Roll20 Reserve is live with monthly perks for Pro Subscribers. Their skin ranges in color from light gray to light green, although none of this variation in skin tone is noticeable without careful attention. +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks: Whisper gnomes have an uncanny knack for stealth.

+1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids (including goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears): Like their more common cousins, whisper gnomes battle these creatures frequently and practice special techniques for fighting them. Just creating a new subrace for my favorite gnome. Gnome Traits Your gnome character has certain characteristics in Common with all other Gnomes.

Aethershred comes from the Dust to Dust campaign, while the stormbow, bone bow, and Baron Ystorin’s spine bow all come from the Wildlands South campaign. +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants): This bonus represents special training that whisper gnomes undergo, during which they learn tricks that previous generations developed in their battles with giants.

Weapon Familiarity: Whisper gnomes treat gnome hooked hammers as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons. Ohh, nice! The fluff is all from 3.5, by the way, with that first phrase being almost a copy from the forest gnome, just to fit the pattern. A gnome… I thought to remove Gnomes completely from my campaign because I can't comprehend racial abilities to make tiny clockwork devices or talk to squirrels. They also help us understand how our site is being used. Whisper Gnomes Lands: Whisper gnomes live in and among the communities of more common gnomes, or they form small, carefully hidden communities of their own. Dwarves in particular distrust whisper gnomes; these serious and stoic individuals let whisper gnomes into their cities only under the direst of circumstances. Elves, humans and half-elves generally tolerate whisper gnomes. Terms of Service and Privacy Policy Update. Whisper gnomes who want a more active lifestyle settle in human lands and find work as spies, emissaries, or as simple thieves. . Please review the TOS and Privacy Policy.

They seek not only to try out their powers of speed and stealth against the physical strength of larger creatures, but also to test their own moral limits. Age: Gnomes mature at the same rate Humans do, and most are expected to settle down into an adult life by around age 40. Most whisper gnomes believe it expedient to pay attention to whatever deity can help them the most in their current situation, and they do not see it as strange to frequently pray to different deities. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions. Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. In profession and behavior, they range from dangerous spies to peaceful recluses. Whisper gnomes favor personal freedom and choice, but at the same time they value an ordered community and respect the rights of others and – to an extent – the property of others. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and whisper gnomes can function just fine with no light at all. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the UnearthedArcana community.

Many adventuresome whisper gnomes know that they are capable of stealing from humans and other creatures that can't hope to compete with their powers of stealth, and they seek some rationale for why they shouldn't take advantage of this superiority.