The infinitive can be used with the same functions of a noun within the sentence. These clauses introduce an obstacle. Ser vs Estar in Spanish: Changing Meanings, The Verb Volver in Spanish: back to school, Expressing Commands in Spanish: Law and Order, Verbs of feelings in Spanish: Emotional Grammar, Advanced Spanish grammar rules you should know. English Spanish; I like speaking Spanish. Enlaza estas oraciones con la traducción correcta en inglés basado en las reglas. Ver es creer. Basically, it represents verbs in their most basic state. – Cantar). She began to leave. For example: Con estudiar gramática no es suficiente para aprender español. The team is close to finishing the project. Me gusta hablar español. This non-personal form always refers to the subject of the main verb (Nosotros queremos comer = we want and we eat). The infinitive is the most basic form of a verb. When the infinitive is used as a noun, you don't usually use an … But if you want to master them, reserve lessons on Spanishviaskype.com. Lee las instrucciones para cada ejercicio y resuélvelos siguiendo las reglas que hemos explicado en la lección. Remember to do the homework before playing. The infinitive in Spanish is one of the three non-personal forms of the verb. For example: Según mi parecer, los poderes del Estado, deben ser independientes. Pay attention to this pair of examples. When to use the infinitive in Spanish. For example: Al conocer los resultados del examen DELE, decidieron celebrarlo juntos = Cuando conocieron los resultados…. For example: ¡La comida ya está en la mesa! This site uses Cookies to provide the best user experience. The infinitive is the most basic form of a verb. Using "a" Before an Infinitive "A" is often used to connect a verb with an infinitive that follows. The infinitive in Spanish in one of the most popular verbal forms among our students on Spanishviaskype.com. English adjectives that end in -ing are not translated to Spanish using a gerundio. Try to introduce them in your daily conversation. Many verb tenses use a form of the infinitive as the stem to which verb conjugation endings are attached. Correr es bueno para la salud. Another option we have is using the inifinitive as a temporal clause. In these cases, "a" is not translated separately from the infinitive. I need glasses for reading. To form an infinitive command, simply use the word no followed by an infinitive. Here are some verbs and verb phrases commonly used before another verb in the infinitive. Subject: The infinitive in Spanish can be used as the subject of the sentence. The children broke the vase as they passed through the corridor. You have already completed the quiz before. do not indicate anything about who is doing the action or at what point in time the action is taking place. The product list is something important to request. Well, the infinitive in Spanish can be used to express that obstacle, preceded by the preposition con. You don't need to conjugate anything! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It can be used as the subject of a sentence or the object of another verb or preposition. These are some that you must remember: Acabar de, Aprender A, Ayudar A, Negarse A, Acordarse de, Soñar con, Enseñar A, Quedar en, Tratar de…. In Spanish, when a verb functions as a noun, the infinitive is used, and it is always singular and masculine. So, it’s a kind of linguistic economy so that we don’t need to conjugate the verbs twice (Nosotros queremos que tú comas = we want you to eat).