He is one of the oldest inhabitants of the. It makes him look more vulnerable than he actually is. First, he sets up Emma so she would see his sheep skin-tanning supplies. Much like how Willow was too powerful in Buffy so they had her keep getting knocked out in Season 7. Stealing the ability of foresight from the seer he met during the war, Rumplestiltskin discovers that the daughter of a woman named Cora will help him find his son. However, Rumple finds out that Gideon is being controlled by the Black Fairy, who has Gideon's heart, and tells his mother that he is willing to destroy Storybrooke if it means he can destroy her. The point is, since Rumple deceived everyone yet again in order to get his Dark One powers back, he can't possibly just going to sail on through another few centuries wreaking havoc without punishment, right? In his own words: "I'm a villain. He is stopped and comes to regret his actions shortly afterward. Alias(es): As good for him as it would be to live for them, dying for them was the more selfless option. Burned it and it just popped up a head of him. Asking the Blue Fairy for help, Baelfire gains a magic bean which he uses to open a portal so that he and Rumplestiltskin can travel to a land without magic where Rumplestiltskin won't be the Dark One. Similar, he lost his son because he couldn't hold on to the dagger and Neal/Bael at the same time and choose the dagger. Maybe for the first time ever, having Rumple as the Dark One won't actually mean death and destruction for everyone. He can love, has a family and can legitimately put others above what he wants (at least for a little while) correct me if I'm wrong but he killed himself and the darkness said you don't stop you get stopped. When the first Dark Curse is broken by Emma, Rumplestiltskin uses a bottle of true love which he made in the Enchanted Forest to bring magic to Storybrooke, coating the town in smoke. Rumpel does give him a chance to change his mind, the Sheriff keeps pushing for Rumpel to give him Belle, and finally Rumpel proposes a new deal...that the Sheriff does not like but has no choice but to accept. Rumple eventually finds out that Fiona was forcibly taken from her son when she was banished by the Blue Fairy, and that he was prophecised as the Savior destined to kill his mother. Rumplestiltskin and "Lacey" go on a date, until Rumplestiltskin realizes that she had gone to go make out with a guy named Keith. Just like old times. He was controlled by the Duke of the Frontlands, who owned a dagger that could control as well as kill him. Regina eventually casts the Dark Curse which sends everyone to Storybrooke, including Rumplestiltskin. He outright says to Hook that he will value his own needs above everyone else's, every single time. until he is revealed to have his memories back. (A quest he doesn't expect that he'll come back from, no less. I don't think so, I think the whole point of finding Merlin is to destroy the darkness so that it doesn't need to be tethered to one person. Rumplestiltskin started out as the meek and innocent father of Baelfire, who wanted nothing more than to protect his young son from having to fight in a war. Determined to become mortal again and join Belle in death, Rumple seeks out "The Guardian", who is a figure prophecized to be the one who controls the Darkness. who insulted or injured him when he was weak. Eye Color: In Season 6, he starts off bad, then tries to be good in order to help his son Gideon, In Season 7, his cursed persona appears to be a. In Hyperion Heights, he becomes Detective Weaver. He is confronted by his past. When Henry is rescued, Rumplestiltskin manages to trap his father in Pandora's Box and they all go back to Storybrooke.