"Mr Wolf replies, "It's one o'clock".The class repeat the question until Mr Wolf says, "It's dinner time! Play along and make this kids activity the highlight of your party. 3 0 obj One player is chosen to be Mr Wolf. %���� Featuring both digital and analogue clocks. Steps 1. 3 o'clock). 6) When Mr. Wolf feels like it, he (or she) answers "dinnertime" and starts chasing the other children. Retrouvez toute l'information sur le site, La réserve citoyenne de l'Education nationale, Le Directeur Académique des Services de l'Education Nationale, Le directeur académique adjoint des services de l’Éducation nationale, Consulter la rubrique services départementaux. "What's the time Mr. Basic set up as above.The class hold up their flashcards (see variant 4) to the wolf.The wolf mentally picks one of the times he sees and turns away from the class.The class ask in unison, "What time is it Mr Wolf? Why am I on this site and what can I learn. x��=]s�8�����V�^���4��c;3�J�Ǚ���{p�N�W���n����{�����@R�D��-e�*�� ��Ǜ�����.y��$y���|�>~��R�$K�Ÿ�,���Ǐ�H�JX��Y�h�S�0�f"٬?���Ǐ�3���_�������ç�N^�&��Q���$�e*�Y��eC�7e��8��. 2. "It's 5 o'clock". Top Lyrics of 2010. Woolly Jumpers. <> Genres. whenever Mr Wolf calls out a time involving eating he turns and chases the group. Ð��Ǐ�m�v��g��ߓ˿?~t�����dܚ�� The Game of Ladybirds. Rihanna. Mr Wolf stands at the opposite end of the playing field from the other players, facing away from them. The class members holding "five o'clock" may, if they choose to, quickly swap their card, or give it to a neighbour before the wolf turns around. Wolf?" Mr Wolf turns his or her back so he/she cannot see the kids. Here is one example to give you the idea. What's the time Mr Wolf is a classic kids party game for children of all ages to enjoy. "It'll come in at 5 o'clock".Or, "When is the wolf coming in?" !Sd�{��k��i�C���B���A�\�����? Two by Two. See variant three for more time … Spending time playing with your child is a great way of helping them learn. VARIANT FIVE - Classroom variant with flashcards. This is also known as Online Behavioural Advertising. Veg Patch Match. The wolf faces the black board or away from the group.The class members stand behind their desks and ask in unison,"What time is it Mr Wolf? Games like "Simon says" and "One, two, three red lights" are great fun. All the best,Shelley VernonTeaching English Games, Although I only bought your book on Monday, and today is Wednesday, I want you to know how valuable I have found it to be. Based on Mr Wolf from the popular playground game, children need to help him reach his dinner by reading and choosing the correct time from the clocks shown. The class repeat the question until Mr Wolf says, "It's dinner time!" Consulter la rubrique écoles et établissements, Sectorisation des Lycées GT du Puy-de-Dôme, Offre de formation en lycée professionnel, Scolarité au lycée en classe de 1ère GT ou Terminale GT, Calendrier des opérations d'orientation et d'affectation, Consulter la rubrique orientation et affectation, Adaptation et scolarisation des élèves en situation de handicap, Partenariat avec la Maison pour la science en Auvergne, Ecole des sciences de Châteauneuf-les-Bains, Puy-de-Dôme - Chaîne des Puys - Faille de Limagne, Pour diversifier les formes d'engagement individuel envers l'. endobj Learn more about this project Three Little Pigs. Wiggly Worm. Il est également prétexte pour apprendre un jeu de cour : « What’s the time Mr. Wolf ».Un texte adapté d’après le texte original est ici simplifié pour permettre une exploitation plus facile. Recently Added. A call-and-response then takes place: all players except for Mr Wolf chant in unison "What time is it, Mr Wolf? If the wolfcatches anyone moving they become the new wolf.See variant three for more time telling options.Combine this with variant three for more fun. LANGUAGE IDEASThe most obvious, easy adaptation is to use the time theme, but with different tenses.E.g. "What time is it Mr Wolf?" Séances 1 à 8 (.zip) Pour accompagner les séances. In some versions, the children stay still while they ask Mr. Wolf the time and take one step forward for each hour he says it is (7 steps if it’s 7 o’ clock, for example). Get the full games book in instant download, in paperback or in Kindle. What time is it, Mr. Wolf? Anyone holding up 5 becomes the wolf.If more than one pupil has five then the wolf picks one of them out.You can combine this with variant two for more fun and variety. Mr Wolf replies, "It's one o'clock". – Responsable de publication : Stéphane FERRAIOLI, IEN chargé de mission, Dernière mise à jour : For a version with a little more strategy, have Mr. Wolf keep his or her back turned the whole time so that he or she has to guess if the children are close enough to chase. This variant is a little more lively,but still very manageable. Upcoming Albums. News Life Media Pty Ltd Copyright © 2020. To which Mr Wolf will continue to respond until the players come very close. Mini Games. Just go to Teaching English Games to find out more. What's the time Mr. Wolf? I have used a couple of the games in school already and the children loved them. The wolf replies, "It came in at 5 o'clock".Or, "When will the wolf come in?" For example, “3 o’clock,” would mean the players take three steps towards Mr Wolf. <>/Metadata 452 0 R/ViewerPreferences 453 0 R>> interactive game is great for helping KS1 children practise telling the time to the hour. 5) The children ask again, "What's the time Mr. Category: SpeakingGroup size: Variants for 3 players to a large classLevel: Beginners to intermediateMaterials: Variants with no materials needed, or with flashcardsAge: 5 to 12Pace: Quiet & controlled variant. "Mr Wolf replies with a time, e.g. ", and Mr Wolf will answer in one of the two ways: Billboard Hot 100. kidspot.com.au may receive an affiliate commission if you buy through our links. stream The other players stand in a line at the other end. Mr Wolf with variants you have never thought of! endobj ?z��%L���?bI���J�eZ���3� �C All together they call, “What’s the time, Mr Wolf?” Mr Wolf responds by selecting and calling out an o’clock time (between 1 and 12). The goal of the game is for the students to pass 'the Wolf' without being tagged and for 'the Wolf' to tag a student. Thank you for checking out this well-known game. Equally importantly,  they were learning and reviewing their English at the same time. VARIANT THREE - Classroom variant no materials. Your child can learn the rules by watching a dry run first. 2) The other children stand at the opposite end and shout "What's the time Mr. What's the time? Yo Ho Ho. Un album, qui met en scène le loup et la souris au travers du rêve d’une petite fille. Lil Wayne. 3) Mr. Wolf answers with different times - "one o'clock" or "eight o'clock" for instance. One pupil is the wolf, facing away from the group.The class each hold up 1 to 10 fingers, 1 arm in the air for 11, two arms in the air for 12.The class ask in unison, "What time is it Mr Wolf? Top Lyrics of 2011. What's the Time Mr Wolf? and Mr Wolf turns and answers with a time (i.e. Wolf?" "At this point Mr Wolf turns round and tries to catch one of the group.I suggest swapping Mr Wolf over at this point, regardless of whether the wolf catches anyone or not.If you like Mr Wolf can also call out breakfast time, lunch time, tea time, supper time, and even elevenses, (a British custom of coffee or tea and biscuits around 11am). Excitable variant. Flashcards, question cards, word cards... Virelangues en anglais, italien et allemand, Happy families des pays dont nous étudions la langue. Can I admit that I also enjoyed my lessons more? Play can also help to show what children know and understand. On this page is the game "What's the time?" One of the ways children learn is through play. at which point, he will chase the players back to the starting line with the aim to catch one of the them, who will then become Mr Wolf for the next round of the game. To use more time telling possibilities you can use the following idea.3 o'clock would be three fingers held above the head.Quarter past 3 would be three fingers held to the right of the body.Half past 3 would be three fingers held over the stomach.Quarter to four would be three fingers held to the left of the body. Teaching English Games All Rights Reserved by Shelley Ann Vernon. ���O�cU�������q);���J}�0�@�n�2�%� Q�]�Jv�x���0i��B�j�z���AY�߈ `SA/ �n´L�*R����y*�lX�ަ������hm��f����t�=q����1�LA� Twitter; DIRECTION DES SERVICES DEPARTEMENTAUX DE L'EDUCATION NATIONALE. You can find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out.