That’s delicious with cinnamon/sugar tortilla chips. No worries: Just pop an apple slice into a sealed bag, place the bag in the brown sugar, and in a few days those grains will sift right through your fingers. My kids love apple slices and peanut butter. So you’ve recently purchased a bag of apples at the supermarket to get more bang for your buck. A stuffed cinnamon roll, of course! It's horrible…mediafire opens 3 or 4 windows, I have to click a link to download, after I clicked the link from your list, then a new window opens, click again…a new window, etc. Pingback: Apple Picking with the Landises « life of faith See a certified medical professional for diagnosis. I find the classic Vietnamese dipping sauce known as … Place apple peels (I use cores, too), lightly packed, into a 4.5 qt pot with 5 cups water. If somehow you still have a few apples left over after using them in these recipes, and you simply can’t bear to bring another one to work as a snack, canning, freezing, and drying are always helpful options. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Photo: Katherine Flynn, Credit: Dice apples and fold them into buttermilk flapjacks for a cool, textural burst. I hadn't thought about using dehydrated apple slices. Return to boiling, and boil hard for 1 minute. Disclosure. Make Fido’s day with these homemade, preservative-free dog treats. , i have kgs of apples right now really looking for some idea to use them, Your email address will not be published. Thought I read the list well! You can never have too many apples but if you do, try these healthy recipes. Unsurprisingly, apples work well in a wide range of those. Replicate the flavor of apple pie in your ice cream or incorporate spinach — green-smoothie style — to make a lighter, fresher green apple ice cream. There should be about 3-4 inches of peels in the pot. This sausage and apple sauté is full of protein, herbs, apples, and some healthy fats from olive oil. Pingback: Survival Mom DIY: Make Pectin From Apple Peels | Prepper's Survival Homestead. Cut down on the sugar to make it even healthier. If you’ve sweated over a soup or sauce only to discover you added too much salt, don’t fret! Bake and top with Greek yogurt—you might not miss the pie and ice cream (but no guarantees). I use everything left over from my apple pie, cores and peels. Many of us have purchased dehydrated apple chips. Trust…. Katherine Flynn, Credit: I zap the peanut butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Very convenient maybe for some kinds of disaster. Halloween may be over, but you can still get your gruesome on with these crafty shrunken heads. Juicing captures both the fresh flavor and nutrition of fruit, and your Vitamix machine makes it simple to turn your stack of excess apples into homemade apple juice at the drop of a hat. But, a pre-packaged bag of apples can also be a burden and complete waste if you don’t have a set plan on how to eat all them, beyond snacking and baking a pie. Give vodka a sweet, tangy burst with an apple infusion. This frittata is so low-calorie, low-sugar, and low-fat, it’s almost hard to believe. Up the health factor by using less sugar than the recipe calls for. Peels and cores could be cooked with more liquid to make an apple juice for jelly and if there's not enough apple flavor you could add cranberries or elderberries for more flavor. I harvest the apples nearest our property to help discourage bears from coming too close. Add 7 cups of sugar (all at once), stirring to dissolve. After crossing a pie (with a fancy lattice top, of course) off your to-do list, consider these tasty ways to use up the extras. 6 thoughts on “ What to do with leftover apples? Our 31-day calendar of meals and tips shows you how to cook more and love it with fun, family-friendly meals that come together quickly and deliciously. Photo: Jennifer Causey, 8 Delicious Ways to Use Up a Budget Bag of Apples. Looking for an apple dessert that’s less complicated than making an apple pie? We rounded up the top 12 keto-friendly protein powders for all dietary lifestyles and budgets. Cooking Light is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. A tart-what? You just woke up. Apples also go great with turkey, Swiss, and mustard on whole-grain bread. Luckily, we’ve solved your frugal fruit dilemma with a quick recipe round-up of all the delicious ways to keep your budget bag of apples from going to waste. Chopped fresh apples or homemade applesauce go well in almost any smoothie, so feel free to experiment. Some apples go to our 3 horses. But seriously: Sharing is caring. This juice combines the power of four natural ingredients with plenty of nutritional benefits. Top them with a crumbled mix of cinnamon and sugar, then slide the apples into the oven for about 45 minutes, until curled and crispy. Not only is homemade applesauce a nutritious choice for a mid-morning snack (keeping in mind the amount of sugar added), but it’s also a great way to use up a lot of apples in one sitting. © 2020 Greatist a Red Ventures Company. Cherries, apples, and limes add a shot of color and antioxidants to this frozen whiskey treat. Place apple peels (I use cores, too), lightly packed, into a 4.5 qt pot with 5 cups water. From crisp apple strudels to … Credit: Bridget Creel. Sweet on You: The 15 Best Keto Candy Substitutes of 2020, It’s All About That Baste, ’Bout That Baste, 9 Ways to Make Your Shells & White Cheddar Fancy AF, What to Say When People Undermine Your Healthy Choices, 12 Keto-Friendly Protein Powders That Actually Taste Good, These Stuffed Cinnamon Roll Recipes Are Like Cozy In a Bun, 27 Easy Breakfasts You Can Make in a Crock-Pot, The Cutting Conundrum: How to Lose Fat While Preserving Muscle, 13+ Sugar-Free Energy Bevvies to Combat Your Fatigue. Garnish salads. All of the flavor, none of the hassle—it’s really as easy as pie. For a healthier alternative to the potato variety, try out this recipe for homemade apple chips. Autumn brings apples in startling numbers, from heirloom varieties at the farmer's market to batches from family picking outings. Make a Mother-Earth-friendly birdfeeder from completely biodegradable (and bird-safe) materials. The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard, http://busyhandsbusyminds.blogspot.com/2011/11/co, Survival Mom DIY: Make Pectin From Apple Peels | Prepper's Survival Homestead. While doing crunches, squeeze an apple between the thighs for an added muscular challenge. Finally, a mayo-free coleslaw that looks just as delicious as the original version! Eat them on their own, sprinkled with cinnamon, or on top of a bowl of … But what side effects or interactions could happen from…. With no added sugar and a cornucopia of antioxidants, this fruit compote is a healthy, delectable way to use up those apples and spruce up a breakfast, snack, or dessert. If you put it through a sieve the resulting mush will be applesauce, which can be used in the traditional manner. Use your homemade apple butter in a holiday fruit smoothie, or whip up a round of apple pie smoothies to make a dent in your pile of leftovers. By lunch time, they are unfrozen. A Vietnamese-style fish salad Core and quarter a few apples (the more robust flavor you crave, the more apples) and let them mingle in a mason jar with vodka for three to five days, shaking the concoction about every eight hours. 1 c flour And eating with other people is often more fun (and better for our health) than eating alone. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Roslyn@Sew Delicious says. We’re heading over to Willcox (in SE Arizona) this weekend to get a few boxes of fresh picked mountain apples. Eat it as-is, spoon it over your morning oatmeal or use it while baking your favorite cakes and muffins. Whether you like yours raw or cooked, it's a quick and easy way to capture that fresh apple flavor. We've compiled a list of 15 dishes you can make with all those leftover apples, including honeycrisp and granny smith! Share on Pinterest. Too Much of the Golden Spice: Can Turmeric Have Side Effects. It was a beautiful day at the orchard. Cut the fruit into thin slices and then plop them onto a baking sheet. Soler C, Soriano JM, Mañes J. The apples give the ’cakes a texture similar to potato latkes and add sweetness without all those refined sugars. Apples in Wreaths. Kat, I HATE Mediafire for just the reasons you mention. The round fruit will be barely recognizable after mixing it with eggs (for a healthy dash of protein) and popping it in the broiler. 1/2 c sugar Mix some vitamin A with apples’ vitamin C in this carrot-apple-ginger soup.