So the 1080p wont show nasty jaggies. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Posted in General Discussion, By I have a blog! Posted in Cases and Mods, By Almost any modern GPU with an output that can provide enough bandwidth can drive a monitor to its fullest. If you're asking what it would take to run games at 240 FPS to make use of that refresh rate, a high-end CPU with strong single core performance and a higher mid-range GPU if you don't mind dropping the details and resolution down. Welcome to PC gaming. I always cap mine at 150 on any game which is just above my 144hz monitor to make sure my screen is always showing that full 144 and to save my gpu the unnecessary extra load. You can try to run it above 200 to test it. Will the GTX 1080 work? aqarwaen29 -Will I even notice a significant difference on a game like fortnite? That’s not to say you have a bad processor, but Fortnite is particularly dependant on high single core performance. The card isn’t gonna do much more unless I turn stuff down. If you set very low graphics you probably can achieve 240+fps in some titles, but there is no point to do that.I have 240Hz monitor and 2080Ti card... i can achieve 240fps in Overwatch for example, but i never do that.For game like Overwatch i lock fps at 160FPS to have consistant frame rate and better graphics (I dont like to use low settings just to have advantage, i preffer better graphics) and for most "normal" games i lock FPS at max 120FPS so my GPU wont work at 100%, 240Hz is very very overkill solution... if i buy monitor once again i probably will buy something with 144 or max 160Hz... there is no point to have more refresh rate for normal home gaming. I don't know if you need the right graphics card or the right processor. DM me if you want any more help but I just thought I’d get this out to you and anyone else interested. Yeah, a GTA 1050 Ti is a good GPU for Fortnite. My experience was 1080p 60Hz for a long time, graphics generally turned up at or near the max. However, I was now used to 144Hz and it become quite noticeable when playing at 60 FPS, not in a good way. Correct me if I'm wrong. With these cards you will also get free AA which you can turn on in the nvidia panel. Definitely not. What graphics card can play Fortnite? If we take a gander at the official system requirements for the game we can see that Fortnite isn’t an insanely difficult game to run. I was under the impression that the monitor refresh rate was the max frames it could show. More FPS means faster response from the GPU. Posted in Power Supplies, By Cookies help us deliver our Services. By But if you want to play at a lower resolution like 1600x900 you can get away with a RTX 2060. It means to basically get rid of the jaggies you see in a game. That’s only 150-180 frames. I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Specs: Radeon RX 580. Fortnite runs on the Unreal Engine game engine. The higher the resolution the less jaggies but the sweet spot is 1440p with all AA methods turn on and you cant see any jaggies. You're just not competitive. Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout, Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card. Frame Rate Limit: 240 FPS — I have this set to 240 FPS because I use a 240 Hz monitor. there are different methods of it in the nvpanel. Terminus_V But that card couldn't push 1440p with high frames without lowering visuals. Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not), How many watts do I need? at 200 FPS, you will be in VRR range and enjoy the benefits of GSYNC while still getting ~60 more frames than a 144hz display (and tearing if you don't VSYNC). Your cpu couldd be bottlenecking before 200+ fps I guess since you can't overclock it. I regret not building my own so I would learn more as I go while saving money but these forums have helped me more than anything. Started 1 minute ago Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I decided to upgrade to 144Hz and loved it. Personally I went to 1440p 144hz. Can a GTX 1050 Ti run Fortnite? I'm a PC newbie, so I don't know much, thanks for the help! Linus Media Group is not associated with these services. Started 5 minutes ago What games will you be playing? Ryzen 1800x. You can follow this guide to create a custom stretched resolution in Fortnite that can increase your FPS. RDR2 being a good example of this. I have done a test, turning off all AA ,, and playing game,, then turning all the methods ON , in nv panel,, and there is pretty much no hit on the frame rate. You can also check this post for more infos. A 240hz g-sync monitor comes at 24" 1080p. Posted in New Builds and Planning, By It's now even harder to hit high frames and good graphic settings. Hi, saw this post just now, how about this build? As far as CPU, you can get the 8700 or 8700k for 300 dollars and there will be no bottleneck. It's not just bullshit. What's your budget (if any)? Like yourself I originally played console and last year I upgraded my dad’s old PC and bought a 144hz monitor and it was incredible. Posted in Audio, Linus Media Group However, there is diminishing returns at 240fps but there is still an improvement. For 240Hz, you'll need a good graphics card and CPU. You should see for yourself before choosing a monitor, 240hz isn't really worth it in my opinion the difference between 60 and 144 is huge but to some 144 to 240 is hardly noticeable Edit: but if you want to a 1660ti could achieve it in esports titles lol, csgo and overwatch. If you upgrade your CPU you can get better cooling too which will help overclocking but that is something, like a case or power supply, that will last you over one upgrade to the next. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. Also like I said before it all depends on what game your playing. Although I haven't used 240Hz, it'll probably be the same thing, getting used to it and then having to deal with lower framerates could be annoying. 144Hz is amazing, so much more smooth and responsive and there is no going back to 60Hz/60fps after you play with it. Don’t cap it. Sign up for a new account in our community. Best case for 360mm top radiator support: £150 budget. This is probably a stupid question. SpriteNo5 Actually there's videos by nvidia posted here that show why. Also i would recommend at least a 2080 or 1080 ti if you want to hit those frames with decent settings in most games. CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-950 @ 2.03 GHz 0.96V Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (BCLK: 135) CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 & Noctua NA-SRC10 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 7-7-7-19 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 7-7-7-19 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 7-7-7-19 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce® GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB (Core Clock: 1050 MHz, Memory Clock: 3505 MHz) SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB (Windows 10 Enterprise x64) HDD: WD Green 3.5" 1TB (7.2K RPM), WD Blue 3.5" 1TB (7.2K RPM) PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex™ Cables (White) Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: Intake: 1x Dynamic X2 GP-12, Exhaust: 1x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F 23.6" 1080p 144Hz 300 nit TN FreeSync, Samsung S24D390 23.4" 1080p 60Hz 250 nit PLS Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Browns) Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK (Medium) Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones (Charcoal). Personally, I've been on 240hz for a while and I wouldnt be happy going back considering I had the opportunity to use 144hz again recently and it felt horrible in comparison. There is a point. ChrisCH I know places like Best Buy are waiting for suckers like me to walk in and buy a prebuild. After 2 years on console, I love it and am never going back. Is there any difference between these two UPS's? dens22 This Subreddit is community run and does not represent NVIDIA in any capacity unless specified. Then over time you can add or change parts on your PC as you see fit, learn more etc which is kind of the joy of it. Will this be having consistent 240fps on Apex legends with all Low  settings? You will need a 1080 GeForce card or a RTX 2080. Ram speed/tuning > gpu for ultra high refresh rates, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MafE8vBhAQ. Also depends what game you play. Frames per second (your 240fps) is not the same as your refresh rate (144 hrtz) two totally different things. are there any teardowns from playstation 5/xbox series psu? Imo though, id rather have 1440p 144hz over 1080p 240hz because ive heard its really hard to a significant difference between 144 and 240 hz. Hello, so I have been running into problems the last couple of days with terrible framerate. Similar story for your GPU. Average Fps: 103 143 samples at 200 FPS, you will be in VRR range and enjoy the benefits of GSYNC while still getting ~60 more … No point is doing that =/= You prefer not to do that. Would obviously prefer to save as much as possible at this point.). Will also need a strong cpu. Tolerable, but not as smooth. Powered by Invision Community. That kind of framerate is much more dependent on CPU. Started 22 minutes ago A place for everything NVIDIA, come talk about news, drivers, rumors, GPUs, the industry, show-off your build and more. Press J to jump to the feed. Started 2 minutes ago How can you tell someone it's not worth it if you don't own a 240hz monitor. Posted in General Discussion, By Once again it matters what game he plays. If he plays CS:GO then he can grab a 1070 and possible graphic settings tweaks he will get his 240fps but it will dip but that is where g-sync comes into play. Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference. The frames you actually end up seeing are much closer in time to your input. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Lii And a list of guides I've posted. I think you’re good with the 1660Ti because at low settings it’s not the GPU that will be taxed the most. I would invest in a 9600k/8600k/9700k and overclock it past 5ghz. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the pcgamingtechsupport community, Continue browsing in r/pcgamingtechsupport, PC Gaming sometimes has problems. 1080/144 is generally not to troublesome to achieve on high-end computers. is trash explained. But I skipped this video because I just can't stand Linus. I was eyeing a 1660 Super which I think is basically the same performance but cheaper than the Ti. Set it to 144 FPS if you use a 144 Hz monitor, 60 FPS if you use a 60 Hz monitor, and so on. -Would I also have to upgrade my CPU & cooling? If you're asking what it would take to run games at 240 FPS to make use of that refresh rate, a high-end CPU with strong single core performance and a higher mid-range GPU if you don't mind dropping the details and resolution down. Actual_Criminal -Could I add an additional 1060ti gpu to get same/similar results? Still undecided what to do. Some people have a 9900k and reach over 300 frames but it dips to below 200 end game etc but personally I think now they are supporting DirectX12 these frame dips will be less of an issue. Started August 31, By Ya dont cap. Almost any modern GPU with an output that can provide enough bandwidth can drive a monitor to its fullest. Also you get to set the game settings to their highest. I’m green as grass when it comes to gaming PCs. We're here to help you fix those problems. Fortnites requires a Radeon HD 7870 graphics card with a Core i5-760 2.8GHz or FX-8100 processor to … I find myself quite sensitive to lower framerates after experiencing anything over 100.