Stay up to date on the latest vote tallies as compiled by The Associated Press' nationwide team, Princess Diana died when Harry was just 12 years old, The Sweetest Photos of Princes Harry with Diana, First-Time Voters Across the Country Share Why the 2020 Election Matters to Them. She cussed me out, told me I was ruining her wedding, that her ‘vision’ required me to wear THAT dress, and can’t I just get a credit card to charge the dress on? Her guests ignore her. Then, I discovered she was lying to all of us about different bachelorette-party related things to get us to agree to take an expensive trip to another city. The act of putting one cake on top of another is 60 bucks. looking for a Job & Promotion at work? She furiously denied this in a speech to everyone gathered at the wedding. Like and sub for more askreddit wedding stories! From Yelp blackmail to road rage, you won't believe these cringe-worthy tales! Good thing the groom was the one who signed the contract. I talked to the other bridesmaids and discovered she was doing the same thing to them. From Yelp blackmail to road rage, you won't believe these cringe-worthy tales! She was so drunk and belligerent honestly I just wanted the session to end, but with 22 people in the party, it wasn’t going to be short no matter what I did. Reddit user ashlieexoxo says her husband's mother broke down crying for 45 minutes ... because she didn't want them to get married. Children crying, people fretting at least 20 people got up and left. When I delivered the photos, you could hear her screaming 2000 miles away. It was equally aggravating to the restaurant staff who were expecting a large party at 7:30, that didn’t show up until 9:30, at a place that closed at 10. He got punched in the face by one groom because he decided that the photographer was 'taking too many photos of the bride.' Reddit user wntrwhte says her mom told everyone she "banned her from all pictures." Coyote Ugly Turns 20: Where Is the Cast Now? We kept everyone else seated, and she reappeared a few minutes later with new vows for her future husband. A couple of weeks before the wedding, her dress arrived. The skirt was dropped by all parties while I shouted obscenities at her. More of a personal social horror story. ", Take the Heat"We had a bride that booked her wedding ceremony in August, in Georgia, outside on a paved patio. She threw her shoe through the window.”, “I’m a baker. She tried on the large sample dress and had it pinned to see how it would look on her if it was her size. Please note that every time I played the song I passed it off onto the bride by saying something like, ‘It’s time for a special request from the bride,’ as not to destroy my reputation. In reality, the bride just asked her not to come to the first look, because she wanted it to be a private moment with her future husband. you Failing to get Babies (Men & women) family members Jealousy about you? They told me to completely ignore the groom's mom and call them if she tried to get in contact. Text us for exclusive photos and videos, royal news, and way more. She yells again, and no one pays her any attention. She responded to that by sending horribly mean text messages, saying if I couldn’t be there for the dress fitting, she’d ‘find someone else to fit the dress,’ and saying it was incredibly selfish of me to move while she was planning her wedding. Her wedding was in October, and her friend's was in June. And it was in the contract she signed with us. She had her own ideas of what would look good. However, these wedding horror stories that planners and other vendors shared in a recent Reddit thread might just take the cake. While weddings can make anyone crazy – bridesmaids, grooms, dress makers, cake bakers – we’re going to focus on the 18 nuttiest bridezilla stories, compiled from Reddit. And then when I thought it couldn’t get any worse she was 90 minutes late for her own wedding because she was getting her hair done. She was a [email protected]#!$ with a capital B. ), In the Hot Seat"I had a really high-strung groom who yelled at one of his young guests (the kid was 12 years old) for sitting out of his assigned seat. She's useless!" ", Relay a Message"I'm a photographer and came onsite the day of a wedding to meet with the planner/coordinator, who promptly told me to be careful around the bride. She had actually assumed the bride would get over her tantrum the day of the wedding, but nope, still no talking or eye contact. He can do everything from wedding dress design and execution, flowers, you name it. But when she told her the dress would have to be a size eight based on her measurements, the bride threw a fit. In May, I decided to move across the country due to issues I was having in the current place I was living. I declined. Share Share. After she stumbled down the aisle to her less-drunk groom, I tried to do formal photos. She said they would be at the hall, waiting on us. She complained about everything and was always looking for a way to get a cheaper price from me. Heck, people love to tell stories about women who could have, but thankfully didn’t, become their mothers-in-law. She proceeded to get blacked out really early in the night, and we had to take her home and put her to bed. We had to call an ambulance, and the groom was arrested. She said this was it, so my mom took her measurements and figured out what size she needed to order. She came down to the reception area where the florist – the best local florist and a lady I worked with regularly – was creating the centerpieces. It wouldn't zip (duh), and the bride had a meltdown. ... For others, it was an unmitigated disaster they’d rather forget. Order me a four!" She refused to make eye contact with any staff member, got people's attention by snapping her fingers at them, and made a complete and total fool of herself when she and her groom showed up plastered to the reception. The seven shades of orange we had were not acceptable. She broke me.”, “A friend was mad because a few days before her wedding there was a terrible flood in a South American country, which somehow ruined her chances of being able to get just the right color flower for the center pieces.”, “My bridezilla friend told me I wasn’t allowed to take pain medication (for my lupus) at her wedding. She wasn’t lying.”, “I worked as a wedding photographer for many years. I've never met anyone else like you!' Her mom had to apologize and reorder a larger dress at the bridal salon's expense. protection charms? ", Do-Over"One bride wasn't happy with her husband to be's vows, so she requested a 'timeout' in order for him to go to the back room and come up with better ones. A full church, everyone waiting. The worst part: The bride can't have kids because of a health condition. They were large glass cylinders with lights and glass balls at the bottom, filled with flowers and then water. My boss just laughs and explains to her that we told her she needed to provide the flowers. I was interning at the time for minimum wage/part time so I was pretty broke. The bride was sobbing by the end of it, being consoled by monster-in-law, who simply kept telling her 'It'll be alright, even though everything is ruined by these green chairs. He read them, and the wedding continued as planned. Nope! I had worked with this coordinator in the past and knew her to be a consummate professional and pleasant person to be around. They also prove that the parents of the bride and groom can be just as guilty of overreacting, too.) Lady was crazy.”. So, we steal a few flowers out of every center piece to fill the empty places on the cake. After 30 minutes, those standing up decided to sit down and they announced that the bride would be there shortly. ", Jump Ship"One groom wanted to rappel via helicopter to the ceremony. She screamed that if I didn’t do this for her, this friendship was over! The bride and groom go to feed each other; she does it very nicely, and then he smashes it into her face. Stories have been edited for length and clarity. It isn’t as full as it should be, but it looked okay. I’m sure there were issues leading up to the event, but the bride had told everyone (including the groom) that if he smashed the cake in her face, it was over. So, basically a wedding dress. By 11 am the bride is lit, and pissed. I still get paid so in the end it did not matter too much from my end, but wow. Was her dress ruined? I wanted to, and would have if it were a friend of mine. My mom explained how sizes vary based on the designer, and while she might normally be a four, her measurements based on the chart were considered an eight. The bride didn't want to hear any of it and demanded a four. Then, she asks me, 'What foot do I walk with first down the aisle?' Good Housekeeping participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. 5. Apparently, the bride was stealing the MOB's "baby boy.". The wedding planner has no clue what we’re talking, she only had enough flowers for the table center pieces. Over an hour into the meeting, the groom-to-be still hasn’t shown up. We start to panic. But then she pulled out a picture of a penguin, and I had to match that. We told her what happened on our end and she cry/screams at us that we ruined HER day. was dragged down the aisle by her parents. The Worst Wedding Horror Stories. She runs up to the stage and demands the mic. She wanted flowers, and paid our fee for putting flowers on the cake. So people boo and start walking off the dance floor. If you are apologizing for the behavior of the woman you married 3 hours ago, you’re doing it wrong. She was an abusive assh— the entire process of planning her wedding. I was at a family event that day, and when I saw all the calls late that night, I went to bed thinking the worst. We set up everything and start looking for our flowers. She said ‘I need a penguin suit for my fiancé.’ Now I didn’t give this too much thought, as that’s not a particularly uncommon phrase. It started to sprinkle after a few frames; Bridezilla made a beeline for the limo so her hair wouldn’t get ruined. I asked her what was wrong, and I could hear her dad in the background yelling, 'Is it her?' Then, at the same wedding, the MOG gave a speech about how they got the bride's virginity tested before the wedding. 15 or so minutes later, the father of the bride comes and asks the D.J. Again, uncomfortable. When that was vetoed, he wanted to rappel from the balcony instead. Ordered. (I dropped the phone). Probably the worst I ever saw was a woman who claimed her fiancé had died so she wanted a refund … then she came back in demanding the same dress back because they’d made up. One bride came in to try on gowns. That's why conflict during the wedding planning process is, sadly, inevitable. She’d been like a sister to me up until that point.”, “I had a friend that wanted a destination bachelorette party/weekend. Bridezilla wasn’t having any of my posing, oh no. 'That's impossible! The bride was wasted by the time I started playing my set (around 8pm).