Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.” #4 I am sorry I am unable to be there for your special day. May 1, 2017 - Wedding bible verses and Scripture about love and relationships and how to use God's word to decorate your wedding ceremony and reception. 1 Corinthians 13:2: "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.”. ", 17. May his presence always be felt as you walk with him as husband and wife. Get Our Wedding Planner App On Your Mobile Device, 56 Affordable Bridesmaid Dresses That Don't Look Cheap, Do You Have to Invite Toxic Family Members to Your Wedding? Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Have these comforting words read aloud at your wedding ceremony, printed on your invitations, or framed on your living room wall for the future. Proverbs 31:10: "Who can find a virtuous woman? I praise the Lord that the two of you have found each other. “This is my command: Love each other.”. These scriptures on love serve as spiritual and sentimental reminders of the love that you share as a couple and provide you with a way to honor your religious beliefs while celebrating with friends and family. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Ecclesiastes 4:12: "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. What a lovely couple you are! The Bible has many verses about love, but really shines when it comes to relationships. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. Bible verses about marriage. Now remain in my love.”. “We love because he first loved us.”, Source: salomebiblejournaling via Instagram. “Love must be sincere. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Uplifting & inspirational prayers, verses, poems & more. [. We must not forget that. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Couples who wish to show their devotion to each other and their faith often turn to Bible verses about marriage when planning their nuptials. “Scarcely had I passed them when I found the one my heart loves. 1 Peter 4:8: "Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Corinthians 13:13: "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. 15 Wedding Bible Verses That Celebrate Love, Faith, & Hope “So they are no longer two, but one. Here are a few bible verses for the wedding ceremony. No matter what, they’re bound to leave an imprint in your own hearts, as well as your loved ones’. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. “Love is patient, love is kind. “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. ", 33. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The Bible has a lot to say about the bonds of love and devotion. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot sweep it away. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. [, “Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Romans 12:9-10. “I thank my God every time I remember you.”. “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.". #2 You hold such a cherished place in my heart, and I am grateful to the Lord that you have found someone to love. Send wedding guests an invitation that perfectly expresses your style. The Message: When we feel scared or anxious about what life keeps handing us, we have to remember that there is comfort in love. 15 Bible Verses About Life to Boost Your Faith, 20 Bible Verses About Faith for When Yours Wavers, 15 Baptism Bible Verses To Symbolize New Beginings, 15 Bible Verses About Children to Read to the Kids. Congratulations and God bless you! ", 22. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. Congratulations to you both! I give praise to him for blessing the two of you with a strong bond. ", 16. Find a handful of bible verses for weddings below that will make your wedding card message unique. God is always with you. Congratulations! But that doesn’t mean the love isn’t there. As you start this new journey as husband and wife, I pray you will remember how blessed you are to walk this earth together. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. Ephesians 4:2: "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Why this New Testament Scripture makes a good wedding reading: In some ways, this verse holds a reflection for your future life as a married couple: don't fight with each other. #40 God’s first thought of mankind was that man should not be alone. Congratulations! Proverbs 31:10-11 An excellent wife who can find?She is far more precious than jewels. The Message: The covenant two people enter into when they marry is sacred and forever binding. As you start your new life together, my prayer is that the closeness you share on this blessed day will extend into your fellowship as husband, wife, and Savior. However, with all patience, humility, and gentleness, bear with one another in love. Wedding Bible Verses When looking for wedding Bible verses to be used in wedding vows, readings, or programs, you want to make sure you find the right one the couple being married. Be devoted to one another in love. What God has joined together shall not be separated by men. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate. The wedding is a great day that was the setting of the first miracle ever performed by Jesus and symbolizes the coming union of Christ with his perfected church. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. Many plans and details had to come together, and now the blessed day has arrived. “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. ", 18. The Message: This simple, yet sweet missive is a reminder that God’s love is all encompassing, and meant to teach us how to love each other. Song of Solomon 8:7: "Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. Meg’s work has been referenced in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, NPR, Jezebel, and Refinery29. “If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. Bible verses about love speak of the perfect love that everyone should have toward their friends, family and mankind, not to mention the Lord. That adage is definitely true for Bible wedding verses. God is love. For love is as strong as death, its jealousy as enduring as the grave. Bible Verses for Wedding Invitations. “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.". So they are no longer two, but one. It always protects, always trusts always hopes, and always perseveres.”, Colossians 3:12-14. [, “However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.” Psalms 126:3 The Lord has done great things for us; we are glad. Enjoy a lifetime of blessed marriage. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. “A friend loves at all times.”, 1 John 4:21. Where you die, I will die, And there will I be buried. [ESV, “Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.”. However, Bible verses about love also offer a revealing look at the strength and hope that romantic love can provide. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, ...". There's no relationship manual that tells you how to overcome obstacles and strengthen the ties you have with your loved ones (but Lasting can help). 1 Peter 3:7: "In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be blessed, and it shall be well with you. Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs. Keeping him at the center of your marriage will ensure his direction and guidance.