Instead of Malibu, Try: Ventura County (Oxnard Beach), Calif. For Rent: California Dreamin’ in Ventura County. The beaches boast impressive waves and incredible cliffs, and in the city, you’ll find endless options of tasty and affordable restaurants. Where is it: Penang is a city and also an island off the northwestern coast of Malaysia in the Malacca Strait (just south of the Thailand border). I have been the editor-in-chief of Yahoo Travel, which was named the top online travel magazine under my leadership. Hi Gina I’m a thirty-nine-year-old woman who’s planning to move abroad in a few months. We found 10 of the most beautiful ones. For a fraction of the price tag, a home in Pensacola, Florida, comes in at the budget-friendly price of $115, 000. In fact, some beach towns are the cheapest places on Earth. Hoi An is not only one of the cheapest beach towns to live in the world, but it also offers you the opportunity to live in a UNESCO-designated environment. 4. Make that move to the beach a reality ASAP! It'll cost you about $1000 per month to live here, and what the city lacks in square footage it makes up for in its proximity to equally scenic nearby towns like San Blas, Sayulita, and Punta Mita. A lot of people choose to have a beach house (secondary house) in Oxnard. People love to live an outdoor lifestyle in Tamarindo and you can expect a diet full of fresh seafood and lots of local produce. There is a tight knit community here, which will be there for you for the fun times (and last-minute deadlines). This is a place where happy hour is happy in all senses: you, your friends, and your wallet. Estimated cost of living per month: $2,100 - $2,500 for two people. In this column, "Transformative Travel," I look at how travel can change women's lives. Sure you might spot a celeb on the beach at the Hamptons, but here you’ll be able to watch the famous Chincoteague ponies make their annual swim in July. When you imagine a stress-free beach lifestyle, more often than not, that daydream revolves around one (or more) of these things: the luxury of an unlimited budget, a relaxing getaway that never feels quite long enough, or the fantasy of retirement that's decades away. If you look for the cheapest places to live in the world on the beach, your options expand a lot. And you won’t have to forego First-World conveniences in major cities like Quito, Guayaquil, and Cuenca.New cars are common, including several brands made in Ecuadorian factories. Here are 15 affordable beach towns, based on median home values under $250,000, and ordered from most to … (Photo... [+] courtesy of Shutterstock). While the median home value in Key West runs around $567,700, according to Zillow, you can score a home in Matlacha for around $184,800. So, your days can be spent working on the beach, and in the evenings you will be sampling the delights of the local cuisine. This means as you drive around Las Terrenas with your ATV, you will be stopping to catch up with your new neighbors and getting invitations for cocktails during sunset. Does it get any better than that? 50 Cheapest Cities in the World to Live In; The 15 Best and Worst Places to Live If You’re Trying to Save Money ; We make money easy. Beachfront living comes at an affordable price with this 7-bedroom, 5-bath, One of California’s most exclusive neighborhoods, Laguna Beach, has a median home value of a whopping $1,679,200, according to Zillow. There's also a 10-year MM2H visa that makes it easy for foreigners to live here. There is an airport just a short drive out of the city. There are plenty of beaches around the world (some even in the U.S.) that allow you to live your most stress-free life possible for a fraction of the cost you do now. Credit: My name is Anna-Marie and I’m currently staying in South Africa. Median listing price: $160,000Want a spot where you can splash in the water year-round? Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own. A seaside apartment with views costs about $720 a month, and you can live comfortably on a monthly budget of around $1100. While California’s coast is notorious for its in-demand and soaring real estate, Los Osos is ranked the lowest of all California housing markets on the beach, with a median home value of $418,403, according to, California’s central coastal town of Los Osos is mostly a residential community, but also perfect for those looking for a quiet beach getaway. Now that the region is recovering from Hurricane Katrina and the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, the rent is affordable, the arts culture is thriving, and the beaches are coming back stronger than ever. Throughout my career, I have appeared regularly on television, including Good Morning America and NBC Today. "Especially for people in colder northern climes, the idea of retiring and kicking back on a warm beach with nothing to do but enjoy sunshine, breezes, fresh fish and cold beers is pretty compelling.”, Prescher, the site zeroed in on the cheapest beach towns by tapping into an. And many locals speak English, so it’s easy to get by as you learn the language. 10 Crazy Cheap Beach Towns for Coastal Living. Whether you’re moving to the beach to spend more time volunteering, to forge a new career, or to just take some much needed me time, there is a beach out there waiting for you to make it home. Why it’s awesome: San Pancho is small but it’s absolutely blissful. Everything from the price of real estate and rent to the cost of hiring a full-time maid and dinner out is lower. There is something magical about living next to a beach: people are happier, healthier, and more contented. This. In a part of the world not known for its clear skies, Sequim (pronounced “skwim") breaks the typical climactic mold, thanks to its position in the rain shadow of the Olympic Mountains. Save FB Tweet. I also think rent has increased quite a bit. Instead of Hilton Head, Try: Myrtle Beach, S.C. For Rent: Grand Strand Beachfront in Myrtle Beach, SC. Where It's Located: A four-hour drive from Panama City, Pedasí sits on the tip of the Azuero Peninsula on the Pacific coast of Panama. Courtesy of Leah Van Hook, Credit: Vacation Spots for Couples, We Found the 38 Best Subscription Boxes for Your Every Need, 10 Top Mini Road Trips You Can Take This Weekend, For Real: These Insanely Stunning Hot Springs Are Not Photoshopped, 16 Family Cars That Don't Look Like Family Cars, Meet 15 of the Cutest Dog Breeds in the World, The 9 Most Romantic U.S. Cities in the Were Made for Couple's Getaways, The 50 Most Beautiful Cities in the U.S. Will Take Your Breath Away, Sign Us Up: The Best Luxury Retreats Are Bucket List–Worthy, This Is Exactly How I Asked for My First Raise—and Got It, A Professional Traveler Shares the Absolute Best Beaches in the U.S. Written by Ashley Brewer for Knockaround. I profile the doers and the disrupters and cover the trends and the destinations that appeal to women today.