It's a rather small cup (not a mug ) with a light blue ring at the top of the cup, and a light grey ring under that blue ring. I love it! It's just a matter of size. thank you! CorelleCorner.com (a currently offline website) referred to I as "Bistro", but stated that it was not an official name. In the sixties and seventies, it was the go-to brand for newlyweds. Hello. Next, I have a dish that has embossed into the dish itself Corning with the flame and Ware underneath, then “9 in Made in USA” and A-30 ...is this dish pyroceram and can it also be used Freezer, oven, stovetop and microwave? Sound like you have the Cookmates version of the P-908 Gourmet Skillet with the bolted handle. A-3-B with matching dark brown glass lid. What is APD? Besides growing up with it.I never considered it having value. I was in a thrift store today and saw several dishes in the same pattern and got really excited. To determine actual value, you need to click the "sold" box to the left to see what prices are actually being paid by the buyers... Current listings are extremely subjective. We do this with marketing and advertising partners (who may have their own information they’ve collected). I am a cancer survivor and this lead thing is serious to me. A - is for post 1972 Corning Ware, when they straightened the sides and widened the handles (the lids have larger knobs too) Later, the stamp would be embossed under the handle. U-1 1/2-B and U-2 1/2-B. Not sure how to post a pic. Quick question though about the markings in the P series. Today I bought some clear glass Arcoroc plates and bowls at the Goodwill. Article from collectibles.about.com. I paid $30 which may be high but I am collecting the larger pieces now that are hard to find. Are these Pyroceram? Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thanks again for answering my question, much appreciated. Another great piece of information! The "Proof" Is In The Pudding - Butter Rum Drenche... About Town with Centura - Corningware Coordinates ... Getting a Handle on Handles - Corningware Detachab... Time For Thai With Corningware - Green Curry Squas... Deck the Halls With Boughes of Corning Fah La La L... Wordless Wednesday With the Wonderful World of Wheat. Didn't look like stoneware. I am unsure why the country of origin is missing, though it may be a piece that was manufactured within the 1.5 year time span when Borden owned the Consumer Products Division before their Bankruptcy and subsequent reorganization into World Kitchen. The vintage Cornflower blue CorningWare has small handles, and the pieces that have been around longer have sloped sides. The glass blower mark (Little Joe) was commandeered from McBeth Evans when they merged with Corning.. it is usually found on older opalware items that were first produced for the military. Would this have been a test pattern to see if it would sell? Thank you for your time and effort! Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsy’s Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. Send me exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and personalised tips for shopping and selling on Etsy. In 1968, Corning changed the name of the buffet server to "Round". The original article was 6 years old and it was about Pyrex bowls that were mistaken for Corning Ware. You guessed it: white. By that time, the stamp on the bottom was black, with the starburst, but there was no mention of microwave use. Expert's Assistant: The Antiques Appraiser can help. It also does not say Made in USA on the bottom but does say Corning Ware. it is marked on the bottom with: Corning Ware P43-B 700mL 27. i have tried to find the name of the pattern but no luck. Now I'm wondering if they're just stoneware that's just a few years old? Do you know about Replacements, Ltd. in NC? Is this genuine pyroceram Corning Ware or is it stoneware? Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. I had no idea they did that to the Casserettes. - I amon a campaign to rid my kitchen of all dishes, mugs, glasses and cookware that contains lead.I gave away all my plates and mugs. Could we say that if you can microwave it with no sparking/crackling problem, there's no metal at all in it, lead included, and none in any of the various color patterns, either? The P-240-B Grab-a-Meal bowl is 24 oz, instead of 15 oz like the P-150-B Grab-it bowl. Please. Here is an example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-Corning-Vision-V-14-B-Casseroles-White-Nice-/331074017979?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d158c9abbThey are interesting and useful little pieces. Likewise, 1960/61 had blurry blue ink information printed on the bottom. (, is unclear how many different pieces exist with only an M designation, - is for the Cookmates Petite Pans with the flat ground bottoms, manufacture unknown as the petite pans did not change after 1972, , but much later in the 90s when the tops of the lugs were flat, All trademarks shown are properties of their respective owners. Happy Thanksgiving to all!---Cathy. Hubby heard the radio broadcast & bought a piece recently at the antique store thinking it was worth something, lol It indeed is "Spice of Life" item # A-10-B 10x10 w/ lid perfect condition, I just don't care for it.