I added potatoes and carrots to it.On the side I made the Panda Express chow Mein, also very delicious. You can make the adjustments as needed to suit your preferences. xo. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment for me! Posted on February 21, 2016 by Vicki Stewart. They have an abundance of beef down here. To give this dish more flavor (one reviewer said his dish was bland) you should brown the ribs to create a crust, then add to the CP? Rating… My only question is can I use powered ginger instead of real ginger? Strain the cooking liquid into a bowl; discard any solids left in the strainer. The crockpot will literally do all the work for you. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until fall apart tender. Now that the weather is cooling off, I’m all about comfort foods like this! Place the short ribs in the slow cooker. Made these this past week and got rave reviews! I will be making this again. The next time,  I used an unsalted beef stock and the Kroeger Low Sodium Soy Sauce, which had the lowest sodium content I could find. By using The Spruce Eats, you accept our, 14 Crockpot Recipes for Fall-Off-the-Bone Short Ribs, Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs With Tomato Sauce, Crock Pot Barbecued Country-Style Pork Ribs, 5-Ingredient Slow-Cooker Beans With Bacon. could regular soy sauce be used? So delicious! Thanks much, this recipe is a keeper! If so, would you adjust cooking time in crockpot? Wow, being a fan of ribs and slow cooking, I might dive into that last photo! I tried this recipe and found the sauce too salty for me but the ribs were delicious and tasty. Super easy as well, throw it all in the crockpot and forget it. It really does make a difference. or perhaps on pressure cooker? There is no need to rinse and pat dry the short ribs before cooking, but doing so also wouldn’t hurt. Do you think it’s ok to use chuck instead of short plate? Please let me know if you have any other questions! When the ribs are done, use a “fat mop” to get rid of excess fat. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe I only got 3 lbs. 5 lb ribs filled mine to the top. You do need to “rotate” the meat so all get some liquid during the cook. I have made it 4 times now in about 2 months. After an hour, open the grill and brush the ribs liberally with the sticky Asian sauce. These look SO good and I’m excited to try them. Learn how your comment data is processed. What can I serve with these slow cooker Asian style ribs? Real Simple is part of the Meredith Home Group. But if you had difficulty before, it may help to thicken the sauce by itself. And, I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe after you make it! The ratio for fresh to dry spices is typically 3:1. I pre-seasoned my short ribs the night before with olive oil, salt, and garlic. They are truly one of my family’s favorite meals! If so, at what point should I add? I had to add extra 2 tbsp of corn starch and cook the liquid out in the stove in order to have it reach consistency but the flavor of the sauce and the texture of the meat was perfect. Toss noodles with carrots, cucumber, and sauce. About half a cup of fat rendered out, and I soaked most of it up with paper towels before serving. Awww yeah. You can keep it hot using the WARM function if you have that available using your slow cooker. The recipe includes instructions for thickening the sauce with a bit of cornstarch or simply allowing it to cook down until it’s concentrated and thick. Wow- really high calorie count! Thank you. The method of braising and slow cooking tough cuts of meat like short ribs allows you to experiment with any flavor profile whether it’s a barbecue flavor, Tex-Mex or even Asian-inspired like this one. This is one of the best meals you will ever make with the least amount of effort.