Thank you very much!! Rajasthani daal aur Khooba roti is a specialty of Rajasthan which is made with whole wheat flour.The half cooked roti is pinched all over to make indentations and then cooked again on slow flame. Now remove from the gridlle and cook directly on open flame on low heat. Use ghee instead of oil, the parantha will be really yummy. Will try this sometime soon. The paratha will be irresistible to eat. They are really very tasty while watching any popcorn movie. Thanks a ton for the wonderful blog. Flip the roti and make the floral design with the tweezer. You can even cook it on the skillet on low heat which takes some amount of patience. Add this tempering in the boiled daal and add approx 1.5 cup of hot water,mix cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. roti is amazing but i would prefer without ghee. It was made very thick and large and only one roti was enough for a family of six , love love the tempering u did on dal. Would love to be in touch with your food formulas. Let me slow down here. Now add chopped green chilies,ginger and tomatoes,then add salt and cook till tomato become soft and mushy. This paratha is extremely easy and light in digesting as well. The main problem being away from home is that I crave ‘maa ke haath ka khana’ a lot. Rajasthani Khoba roti is the prettiest of all Indian breads. Can you suggest some easy to prepare Rajasthani starters? Your recipes are brain storming and anyone can easily fall in love with your recipes. Take one portion and roll it about 4-5 inch. Once it's lightly cooked from one side transfer it to a baking sheet lined with foil and greased lightly. One more reason I am excited  to share this one is – I have changed things a bit here. Hugs! Typing these name is making me crave for this meal. Fold from all the sides and cook on the hot griddle as it is. Vegetarian and Vegan easy recipes on a budget. After baking , transfer the baking tray carefully on top most rack and broil on high for 4-5 mins or until you see beautiful brown color on top- watch closely after 2 mins broiling mark to avoid burning . Just add chopped chilies, ginger and pepper for taste. Serving suggestions-serve rajasthani daal with khooba roti, salad and pickle. You can do dal ki kachoris or gujiyas .. there on my blog as well. This past weekend I tried the Rajasthani daal & it came out awesome !! Panchmel Dal or Pancharatan Dal is a Rajasthani style dal made my mixing 5 different types of lentils. What a unique way. You can make it too by following easy step by step instructions given below. Dont worry if you mess up alternating. And thus comes this Khoba roti in a new avatar. While serving spread a little bit of butter on the paratha and sprinkle chaat masala. Is it ? If sharing ,please link back to the post as reproducing, distributing or copying pictures or text/ recipes that belong to carveyourcraving is a copyright violation. Place this on a medium hot griddle and cook slightly from one side till colour changes slightly(kacha pakka). Learn to make Moong dal ka paratha in Rajashthani style and serve as an excellent morning breakfast. By Khushboo 34 Comments August 19, 2015 February 8, 2018. So the  other day we were playing ‘ bakery’ . This Rajasthani Daal  khooba rotis a combination of 3 different lentils boiled together, then all the spices are fried in ghee and mixed in the daal and then the daal was simmered on low flame and then a final tempering of ghee ,cumin and chili powder is done before serving:), ★ Have you tried this recipe? Happy cooking. This looks amazing Khushboo ! (follow step by step pictorial above). This roti is traditionally made by pinching the overall surface to create an interesting design. In the same way make all the paranthas and serve hot with curd or chutney. thanks freda – pleae don’t be – its so darn simple …you are wesome at what you do , this should be a cakewalk for you , Looks great I am sure it tastes yummy too, thanks – it is .. you need to try it soon, Your email address will not be published. Rajasthani Roti, Puri, Paratha Recipes. Why isn’t a like widget on your blog Khushboo ? Eyeball the center and start pinching with the tweezer . Serve hot with khooba roti,salad and pickle.Take wheat flour in a big bowl,add salt and melted ghee,rub and mix well. Place the baking tray/sheet on the middle rack of the oven .. Bake for 25 -30 mins . Traditionally this roti is made much thicker and bigger then the regular roti but as no body in my home likes so big and thick roti so I make it smaller and thinner but from this, you can get the idea of how to make it and so make it according to your preference . Microwave Popcorn Recipe can be made in just 3 minutes with Corn, Butter and Salt. I do have a facebook one . Hi Ms. Kothari…… This is 2.16 am and night is into its mid term, but i am unable to say bye to this blog. Now make slashes with the knife on one side . You may make dahi vadas .. simplest appetizer for a crowd or moong dal or green gram dal pakodas . Required fields are marked *. Yes I have 2 closets full of baking stuff. Add the soaked lentils along with the water and pressure cook for 1 whistle( or till cooked) on medium flame(don’t over cook it). Before serving -heat 2 tsp ghee in a small pan add 1/3 tsp of cumin, seeds ,when become golden in colour ,remove from the flame and add. Check out some more Rajasthani dishes. Hi Ms. Kothari…… Rajasthan is a dessert and winters get very cold there.People love to gather around the warmth of the kitchen fire, to enjoy rustic, homely rotis right off the tava. This dal is served with Bati or roti. Do try it and give a feedback. Moong Dal is full of proteins and vitamins. Thanks dear , you seriously are do give this one a try too. Just keep on pinching all around in an imaginary circle . We are now on instagram too – follow me here. Start making small scattered slashes with knife  approx 1/2″ wide all over the roti – this is done to avoid roti to puff while baking. you can make it in a cooker if you dont have an oven . Copyright © 2020 -2021 carveyourcraving.com. Yes yes this is a roti. Ready to go in a pre heated oven at 180 degree c or 350 degree F. perfect on the go treat or while travelling. I loved the flavours of it. And i must say….you are super dupper awesome. I am Traditionally it is cooked on charcoal fire but we can cook it on gas stove too.When the roti is cooked completely it is smeared generously with melted ghee/butter so that the indentations are filled with ghee. I prefer baking. This is 2 pm and night is into its mid term, but i am unable to say bye to this blog. It’s amazing to know about them. Cooking time: 10 minutes Keep rocking. Believe me you need to try this one at least once in your life time. Here is a traditional recipe to make it. which one facebook like widget or some other ? Will post in my blog soon with your link attached, Dear Mrs. Chaturvedi, Just recently I came across your blog. I helped him creating fun shapes and I was amazed how pretty they looked . The word Khoba means deep indentation . Thank you Sapna. Traditionally Khoba roti is smeared with lot of ghee ( clarified butter) and is served with a side of dal or kadhi, veggie and chutney. My son loves to play with real baking supplies. Cook till golden spot appears on both the sides. He calls it as pincher, lol is that even a word. I’m so intimidated to even try it ! Words fall short to explain further . Awesome. Hosting a Rajasthani party for 15-20 guests . I have rolled it 7- 8” wide and approx thickness 1/2 “. Thanks for sharing in, and your son has great choice. Its cooked in a gas tandoor or baked in an oven . Meantime pre heat the oven at 180 degree C or 350 degree F. Roll it without dusting with dry flour approx 1/2 " thick round . Bookmarked. Khoba Roti comes from the state of Rajasthan (India). My blog is all about easy to make delicious meals with a twist. That’s so sweet of you! Being a foodie and having been blogging for quite some time, it’s a surprise I have never heard of this anywhere. Mash the boiled potato and mix in the mixture of dal. water approx * for kneading a stiff dough. Hi Khushboo, pls accept our appreciation ( me, my hubby, mil , Fil and my baby girl. The idea is to only semi cook slashed side only on the tawa/ skillet. Your recipes are brain storming and anyone can easily fall in love with your recipes. Take a small ball from the dough and dust with dry flour. Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. https://www.archanaskitchen.com/rajasthani-khooba-roti-recipe I am humbled Sowmya , thank you so much for your kind words . You can refer to my mix dal dosa recipe batter for pakodas . Thank you for the yummlicious daal recipe. Khoba Roti- a Rajasthani Bread preparation. Save Print. "Maayeka" means a mother's home. For a long time I was looking for some satvik recipes, being a vegetarian myself. I guess u have done some changes I finally got a notification on my blog notifications unlike before , lol .. i just made the fb and pintrest like button more prominent ..nothing else, Aww! So glad I found 'Maayeka' ! Now add water and make a medium soft dough,cover and rest for 10 minutes. No microwave mode please - Only convection . New recipe for me..Healthy combo makes a complete meal.. Never heard about this roti,btw dal looks fabulous and inviting. Ahh ! you may have to customize your theme dear ! Though its beautiful in itself, i have changed the design a bit and presenting it in a all new avatar. And i must say….you are super dupper awesome. Learn how to cook healthy meals at home that saves money. This state is renowned for its rich art ,architecture, culture and heritage . We play a lot of imaginative and make believe games. Surfed around and I live yours absolutely. Now again place it on the gridddle and cook from both the sides on medium heat. If you have tried any of  my recipes do drop in a feedback in the comment section or on my Facebook page carveyourcraving in messages section and follow me on Pinterest . Being a rajasthani myself, I have grown up eating a lot of traditional Rajasthani meals . You have to try it and experience the taste yourself . If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka, You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter,    Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates, Filed Under: Breads,Roti,Poori,paathas, Daals /lentils, Rajasthani Cuisine Tagged With: chana, daal, Daals, Daals and Kadis, Indian food, khoba, moong, No onion garlic recipe, North Indian Food, rajasthani, Rajasthani Cuisine, roti, Rotis and Breads, vegetarian. Traditional Indian Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes. This is the first time I am hearing about this Roti. Thanks a ton for the wonderful blog. Trying it soon. You may use spring onion instead of normal onion. Tempting and delicious.. Love the clicks. This roti is known by different names- some call it khoba roti, some call it jadi roti and some rot. Servings: 8 paratha’s. If you would like new recipe posts to be directly delivered to your inbox, ,please provide your email address. khooba roti – is something new for me !! v all loved it. We were making play dough cookies and he wanted to pinch them . Make a medium thick chapati with a rolling pin. Now you know The same thing happens with me. Like in a pan or on a tawa? Wash and soak all the 3 lentils in 2 cup water for 15 minutes . I love the combo that you have posted looks so delicious. love;ly combo….very interesting roti, will try it soon, new type of rotigreat-secret-of-life.blogspot.com. Enjoy it for any meal of the day . I am Anjana Chaturvedi, and I share on this blog traditional vegetarian and vegan recipes from India, that have been handed down to me from my mother, aunts, and grandmothers. Now remove the roti (flat bread)from the griddle and take it on a plate. Rajashthani paratha is to be cooked as it is and then brush little bit of oil from both sides.