All rights reserved. That’s a win! Thanks for another AMAZING recipe, Kate! Love it, Shari! I’m sorry you are having issues. All you do is blend up the green rice seasonings and toast the rice before cooking it as usual. If I wanted to use white rice, would I toast the rice still and add the green seasonings then cook it for the time specified on the white rice package? I’m happy to hear that, April! Thanks so much! I’m happy it is such a hit with your toddler. Cookie and Kate is a registered trademark of Cookie and Kate LLC. You’re sweet, Nisha! Let me know how it goes! Second, I cut the sweet potatoes into half inch pieces at the largest. I recommend doing it at once, but you could try it! If you have a question, please skim the comments section—you might find an immediate answer there. Drizzle with oil, then add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cumin, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. It looks like a lot of work but it actually isn’t–especially for how good it tastes! I’m sorry to say but I hate hate hate Cilantro. Once the rice is done cooking, remove the pot from heat. Awesome tasting and easily made; though I can say the same about any vegan recipe on this site that I’ve tried. This is incredibly delicious and far easier than I expected! While the sweet potatoes are roasting, combine the cooked rice with the fresh cilantro and lime juice, then divide the rice between four bowls. Thanks for sharing! During the final 5 minutes, drain the black beans but do not rinse. Thanks so much for your comment and review. It’s seriously brilliant, as is everything on your site (and in the book)! Great flavors. I might cut back on the cumin and add more chili powder. Add to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. The truth is, I’m still just one sappy coffee shop love song away from another fit of tearful existential despair. Feel free to add extra hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes as desired. You’ll only want to roast the sweet potato for about 15 minutes and until it’s just tender, not too mushy. Oh my Gosh!!!! Sweet potatoes. Thanks for your feedback on the beans. I made it to the letter of the recipe except I also added an extra dash of smoked paprika to the beans, because I just thought it would be good (it was). I left out the cilantro (I’m one of those people that hates it), and it still had great flavor. It worked and was so yummy! Can you use rice that has already been cooked for this recipe? ▸ For more of my favorite cooking tools, shop my healthy kitchen! The first couple of times I made it, the rice took longer to cook or there was extra liquid and had to cook it off. Thank you ladies!!! Clean bowls from the 3 small people and 2 big ones. This is one of our favourite Vegetarian night meals. And use the standard 2times liquid per brown rice and it works perfectly. Photo posted on Instagram. Thank you for your review! It's loaded with flavor, … You just found it! But the flavors were amazing and I didn’t want to give up! One note, I accidentally drained my beans so I had to add vegetable broth while they simmered but next time I’ll make sure not to do that. 2 red bell peppers. Salt and pepper 1/2 teaspoon each. 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Thank you for your GREAT recipes! Very thankful for your recipes – God bless! The ingredients looked like a lot on paper until I measured them out, they turned out to be really easy to find and prepare. Let's dig in →, Copyright © 2020 Bowls Are The New Plates on the Foodie Pro Theme, Sweet Potato Vegan Burrito Bowl with Creamy Chipotle Sauce. Thanks for sharing, Sarah. I'm probably making a big mess in my Kansas City kitchen right now. :D Home » Vegan » Sweet Potato Vegan Burrito Bowl with Creamy Chipotle Sauce. I have been cooking from your blog for about a year now, and every recipe is delicious! Thank you!! Didn’t have pepitas handy but I will definitely be adding them moving forward for a good crunch. Thank you. I made this last night, and my brother-in-law, a devout meat eater, loved it. Spread the rice in an even layer on the bottom of the pot and let the rice lightly brown. You can add in some salsa, leave out the corn, throw in some. Healthy burrito bowls made with roasted sweet potato, green rice and black beans! You need to ensure you allow cookies for it to load. Baked sweet potato meets Burrito Bowl #vegan. This delicious recipe has earned a spot on our weekly meal plan. Wieso gebe ich die Bowl … Instagram ⋄ Pinterest ⋄ Facebook, Subscribe to our email newsletter! When the rice starts to brown, stir it and spread it out in an even layer again so that more of the rice browns. So I read the rice package and turns out since I’m at a higher elevation I had to add a little more veggie broth and cook a little longer! Would the rice recipe work with only half amounts or does it need the full amounts of rice & water to work? Bowls are the new plates was created to share healthy, gluten free bowl recipes with everyone, regardless of dietary restrictions. I made this for dinner tonight. Dog lover. I’m so excited to try this recipe! Wow. And anyone looking to cook the rice in an Instant Pot: Prepare rice as normal (I sauteed mine in the Instant Pot itself), but be sure to drop your total liquid to about 2¼ cups, then cook on high pressure for 15 min, doing a quick release after 5 min. The hint of lime in the beans and the seasoned rice were show-stoppers. Top with sweet potatoes and add a few slices of avocado to each bowl. This came together shockingly fast (I subbed white rice for just that reason) and I was really impressed with the flavor and textures and healthiness! -used 3T chopped jalapeño from a jar. Great meal for the week. This is an awesome recipe! Amazing flavours, super healthy and really hard to mess up! I have made several of your recipes and own the cookbook but OMG this rice is amazing! Thank you for all the flavorful and nutritious recipes :). This one will go into the rotation of favourite dinners! I love this recipe! Serve with salsa verde on the side. Thank you, Kaitlyn for your review. We really liked this! I love the added benefit and flavour of the veggies. I’ve been making this for a couple years now and it’s still a family favorite. I’m glad this worked well, even with your adjustments. Thank you. The green rice was out of this world. I’m not a vegetarian but found this recipe filling and lacking nothing. Made this for dinner last night! I omitted the feta to eliminate dairy and didn’t miss it as all. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I had to substitute out the cilantro, as my husband doesn’t like it. Please don’t be intimidated by the length of the recipe—it’s pretty basic stuff. I was wondering if you had instructions for how to make this rice in an instant pot?? Drizzle both with a bit of oil, making sure the flesh of the sweet potatoes are well coated and placed skin side down on the sheet. This recipe turned my husband into a believer that vegetarian dishes can be delicious and filling. When most of the rice has lightly browned, scrape the green purée into the rice. Cook the rice on a very low simmer until tender, 35 to 40 minutes. I made it exactly as is and wouldn’t make any subs. So Yummy! Le Creuset 3 1/2-Quart Cast Iron French Oven Love this recipe – wondering if I made the spinach / cilantro mixture ahead of time (a day or two) would it last? The skin can be left on the sweet potatoes or peeled off of the potatoes before roasting. 2 pounds sweet potatoes (3 to 4 medium sweet potatoes), peeled and sliced into 1-inch chunks; 2 tablespoons olive oil; ½ teaspoon smoked paprika; ¼ teaspoon sea salt; … Please let me know what you’d recommend! Also added some chopped up cabbage for extra crunch and freshness. Add to a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil, paprika, garlic and salt. Sorry! It is so healthy and a balanced meal! Thank you for this recipe! As far as time goes, I think I spent maybe 25-30 minutes actually actively cooking, and at least five minutes of that was trying to fix my blender. Roasted sweet potatoes, seasoned black beans and cilantro-spinach brown rice combine in one bowl for a cozy vegan dinner. My husband was asking “where’s the meat?” while I was cooking. Our free email newsletter delivers new recipes and special Cookie + Kate updates! … Pretty good – loved the rice. Finally tried my first Cookie and Kate recipe. I made it word for word and it turned out great. Thank you for yet another fantastic recipe! Have made this twice and it is so good. You could also substitute another grain for the rice, although you’ll need to adjust the cooking method and amount of liquid for said grain. I’ll make it again and again! Great! :). Made this for the second time, I can’t remember if I already reviewed it lol. Hi! I do this using a rolling pin with the chicken in a resealable plastic bag. If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too. Third, I made the beans without lime juice or sherry vinegar, only cause I had neither, and they still tasted delicious. Let sit for 10 minutes. I really appreciate it. Thanks for the recipe! We served it with diced avocados and a little bit of lime juice on top. Email me when Kate or another C+K reader replies directly to my comment. I made this recipe exactly as instructed and it was amazing!! Thank you! This looks so good. Add the sweet potatoes, garlic, jalapeno, olive oil, taco seasoning to a large bowl and toss everything together. About ⋄ Contact ⋄ Cookbook ⋄ Recipes ⋄ Shop ⋄ Subscribe, Cookie and Kate receives commissions on purchases made through our links to retailers.