It’s beautiful, it’s colourful, and it’s utterly … I thought these were quite good! Besides beans and veggies, I also used rice for the filling but you can swap it out for cooked lentils, couscous, potatoes, or vegan mined meat. Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Here you’ll find many delicious recipes which are mainly plant-based and easy to make for everyone. Perfect for meal prep to make ahead and freeze, so you’ll have a satisfying homemade lunch or dinner in minutes! Also, you make no mention of pico de Gallo chips yet say to add it in the description? Feed a crowd with this delicious enchilada casserole! Add the beef-less crumbles to vegetables, mix them well, and let them cook for 5 minutes. 20-25 minutes. Alternatively, you can make your own with this vegan cheese recipe OR with this homemade vegan mozzarella recipe. If you love my Mexican Tortilla Casserole and my Sweet Potato Quesadillas, you’ll definitely love these vegan Enchiladas, too! To do so, we dip both sides of the tortilla in the sauce (as pictured above) and then layer it into the casserole. Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! Arrange the stuffed enchiladas with the seam-side down next to each other in the prepared casserole dish. Hi Taylor, you can basically use your favorite cheese. 12 Things Dogs Don’t Like That You Are Probably Doing! The flavorful spices and the healthy vegetables make this enchilada dish not only very colorful and spicy but also very delicious. Start by cooking the rice according to the package instructions. Every tortilla is filled, rolled and placed in a baking dish. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. It’s my favorite in-a-hurry casserole, and maybe it will become yours, too! Sign up for daily news from OneGreenPlanet. Here’s Why You Should Probably Reconsider, 15 Must-Make Vegan Sweet Potato Dinners That Are Perfect For Fall, The Ultimate Guide to Vegan Meats and Meat Substitutes. Plus you get all of the spice and flavor of Mexican food in the comforting shape of a casserole. If you want to make it super easy, you can use store bought items but the homemade is so much better. Place it in the oven and bake! When the casserole is done baking, remove from oven and cool 5-10 minutes before cutting into slices. Sprinkle with fresh scallions, jalapeños, and coriander or parsley and drizzle with a squeeze of lime juice for freshness. 20 Sweet And Savory Indian Snacks For Your Diwali Celebration, Cameron Diaz Launches Avaline, a Clean Sustainable Organic Wine Brand, Biden’s Upcoming Health Care Changes Will Contrast with President Trump’s, Foxes Found Dead, Shot With Crossbows in London, Fauci Says Pandemic Will Be Shorter Thanks to Newly Announced Pfizer Vaccine, Former NFL Star Jay Cutler Asks for Help to Find His Missing Dog, Petition: Oppose Expansion of Shipping Project That Will Threaten Orcas, Salmon, and Migratory Birds, How Henrietta the Turkey Can Change How the World Thinks About Food – and Why That’s More Important Than Ever, 10 Meals That Cause the Most Animal Suffering Per Serving, The Environmental and Public Health Impact of Commercial Fish Farming, 7 Fast Facts That Will Make You Love Turkeys, Another Reason to Leave Turkey Off the Menu This Thanksgiving: Genetically Modified Turkey, 7 Recommendations to Prevent the Next Pandemic from Arising on a Factory Farm, Lamb and Sheep Tails Burned and Testicles Clipped in Australian Wool Farm, How to Navigate The Holiday Season When You Have Diabetes. Combine cornstarch with 2 Tbsp water and add to the enchilada sauce… You also say to add “another” 6 oz of cheese but don’t say when to add the rest. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Spread the veggie filling on top of each tortilla and roll them up tightly into enchiladas. Enchilada is a very popular Mexican casserole dish made with stuffing soft tortillas with vegetables, beans or meat, cheese. 5 Plant-Based Foods That Boost Testosterone in the Body, 5 Reasons Why Pit Bulls are Misunderstood. These vegan enchiladas are very low in fat as they‘re made with only healthy ingredients and contain no rich cream, so the dairy-free cheese on top is a must for gratinating! Best, Bianca ❤️, I love your recipes :3 they are easy for beginners and easy to make. A high powered blender (such as a Vitamix) will have the best creamy result for the sour cream sauce. Thank you so much for your feedback! Then on the day you are making it, throw it together and bake! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The Ultimate Guide To Being Gluten-Free And Vegan! In the meantime, heat the oil in a large non-stick pan, and sauté the onions, garlic, carrots, and bell peppers until tender. Finally, pour the remaining tomato sauce over the top and sprinkle with dairy-free cheese shreds as desired. Then add the garlic, carrots, yellow and red bell peppers and cook for further 4-5 minutes, or until tender. I’ve been making a version of this vegan enchilada casserole for ages. Season with red paprika powder, salt, pepper and a pinch of chili to taste. Your email address will not be published. Perfect for meal prep to make ahead and freeze, so you’ll have a satisfying homemade lunch or dinner in minutes! DirtyBlondeVegan.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. I have read and accepted the Privacy Policy *, Hi! Then add them along with the corn, cooked rice, and chopped tomatoes to the sautéed vegetables. Conscious living through the vegan lifestyle, Chris, a 27-year-old blogger/photographer in Los Angeles, shares different recipes, lifestyle and travel tips, as well as vibrant photos of plant-based meals. Filed Under: Lunch & Dinner, Recipes Tagged With: baked, beans, bell pepper, carrot, carrots, casserole, cheese, corn, creamy, dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, green, jalapeños, kidney beans, meat-free, meatless, mexican, pepper, red pepper, rice, sauce, savory, spicy, tomato, tomato sauce, tomatoes, vegan, vegan cheese, vegetables, vegetarian. Remove Enchilada Sauce from heat and set aside. Required fields are marked *. Blend for 1/2 minutes on high for a creamy sauce. If you try these Vegan Veggie Enchiladas, please leave me a comment below sharing how you liked this easy recipe! Add the onions and sauté for about 2-3 minutes. Add diced zucchini and yellow squash, cover and sauté for an additional 5-10 minutes until veggies are cooked al dente. Read More…. Combine cornstarch with 2 Tbsp water and add to the enchilada sauce. Baked Sabudana Vada: Indian Tapioca Fritters [Vegan, Grain-Free], Mushroom Paniyaram: Indian Steamed Savory Cakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free], Baigan Choka: Trinidadian Roasted Eggplant [Vegan]. remove from heat and add cooked corn, 1 cup of enchilada sauce, and drained black beans to the veggie filling. Bring enchilada sauce to a simmer. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350F. Hi! Full of fresh veggies and homemade enchilada sauce, this filling gluten-free meal is healthy and full of enchilada flavor! <3. I made this last night and it was a huge hit with me and even with my non-vegan husband! If you don’t want to use store-bought dairy-free cheese shreds, feel free to make my homemade vegan cheese recipe. Crumble chips finely and completely cover the pasta mixture in tray. Nutrition is calculated automatically and should be used as estimate. All you need to do is make the vegan taco meat, cheese sauce, and enchilada sauce.