I will make them from now on. You can use applesauce instead of non dairy … I developed this vegan muffin recipe because my son is allergic to eggs, and intolerant to dairy. Not overwhelmingly so, but enough that I definitely prefer it with the spelt flour. I liked this recipe a lot- it tasted a lot like normal muffins, the only real difference in the process being the vegan butter and soy milk. 193 calories; protein 2.9g 6% DV; carbohydrates 34.2g 11% DV; fat 5.3g 8% DV; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 253.2mg 10% DV. These are delish! A couple other favorites are: Egg Free Banana Muffins and Vegan Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins. Line 12 cups of a mini muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. You saved Vegan Blueberry Muffins with Applesauce to your. Taste and texture-wise, 5 stars all the way! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Definitely making these again. One thing I would say is that the recipe actually makes about 12 normal sized muffins, or if you make a double recipe like I did, 24. Thank you for simplifying my life! Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full. The consistency of the dough was a bit weird/stretchy when spooning it out, but it was fine. https://www.brandnewvegan.com/recipes/oatmeal-blueberry-muffins Info. You can find spelt flour in your local health store, but Amazon conveniently carries spelt flour at a great price. I do not like to use frozen berries but they are out of season right now and tasteless. I would have maybe set the timer for a minute or two less. Congrats! When I was developing the recipe, I initially added a bit of spelt flour in the recipe to make it a tad healthier. Originally from California, she now lives in London. I cannot wait to make this again in the Spring when blueberries are in season. The only disappointment I had in this recipe was the frozen berries. Back to Vegan Blueberry Muffins with Applesauce. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190° C. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. made with whole wheat flour & didn't have any soy marg. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Like in this recipe, it’s easy to use a combination of all-purpose flour and spelt flour in recipes to make most recipes a bit healthier (we do it all the time!). If your butter isn't room temp, just pop it in the microwave for 20 seconds or so to make it easier to stir in. TIP: To find an apple sauce that doesn’t have added sugar or flavors, I always keep baby food apple puree like this one in my cupboard, because it doesn’t contain any added sugar or water and is shelf stable. What this also means is that you get more pure “muffin top” texture. The consistency of the dough was a bit weird/stretchy when spooning it out, but it was fine. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). really good. And if I don’t mention it, no one ever can tell. You can make these vegan blueberry muffins without the spelt flour, but I highly recommend you make it with. If you are thinking about using frozen blueberries to make this recipe, Breads and Muffins, Breakfast, Brunch, Muffins, If you loved making this recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! While some muffin recipes may tout a one-bowl approach, I find the best result if you combine the dry and wet ingredients separately. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Pour in the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. They were not the fluffiest I've ever had but they were still light and fluffy. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line cups with paper … Congrats! A breakfast lover and food blogger. I didn't have the vanilla sugar so I left it out. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. To be honest, at first these muffins looked a bit flat to me and I wanted to keep working on the recipe to perfect it more. SO GOOD tho! But this recipe shows you that you can make delicious muffins with less sugar than normal. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Taste and texture-wise, 5 stars all the way! Make a well in the dry ingredients. I have a little bit of a sweet tooth. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Mix blueberries, flour, sugar, applesauce, soy milk, soy margarine, baking powder, vanilla … But after doing so, I realized that the spelt flour also adds just the perfect little bit of texture to the muffins. Just look at that soft texture of the muffin! I don’t cut out sugar completely because I like the moistness it adds to the muffins, and the golden color it lends to the muffin tops. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Vegan Blueberry Muffins Namely Marly rolled oats, apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar, baking powder and 9 more Healthy Blueberry Muffins Gluten-Free on a Shoestring eggs, baking powder, blueberries, applesauce, pure vanilla extract and 6 more Delicious! Gently fold in the blueberries. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.