Nina, I didn’t quite use a full tub. I made the banana cream pie to bring to dinner with family friends. Since there I couldn’t find coconut cream so far in Germany I spooned off the top of full fat coconut milk and tried to whip it. Both times it’s still runny, deliciously runny. I love bananas and every type of fruit :-). Even my brother who basically shuns everything vegan took HALF of it home with him!!! I have made this twice & the taste is fabulous. Though it may not be traditional, who cares???? Thanks so much! Let me know if you give it a try! I share your blog and YouTube to everybody who is trying to be healthy, watch their weight and still eat yummy treats. I made this today using walnuts instead of almonds in the crust (since my homegirl is allergic). Long time ago. You’re an angel. Place over medium heat and cook until bubbling, whisking frequently. Except when I follow your recipes, which are amazing. Maybe it just needed baking longer? I went ahead with the rest of the instructions & the taste was fantastic. done :). For the crust: Hope that helps! I have to say that it is better the second day. I was so impressed, I can’t wait to make it again. Hi Rasmi, that could be- we’d suggest maybe using a thicker coconut cream. Place all the ingredients in a food processor (or a blender) and blend until smooth. I thought I heated the pudding for long enough, but it’s not setting super well. It shouldn’t be lumpy, but somewhere between whipped cream and pudding! It definitely hit the spot and crossed one more item off my list of foods I can no longer have. Also, where would you recommend / think I could save on calories per slice? They are going to lose it when I bring this to our next potluck!!! 1/4 c. Sugar Let me know if you give it a try! I added a small amount of vanilla and used very ripe(sugary) bananas 3 from frig and 1 frozen and a cup of ice with 1/4C of plant milk and water to equal the liquid and few extra cashews.UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! They blend up really creamy and have less flavor than sunflower seeds in my opinion. 2. Coconut Cream is truly a saver for those on diary free lifestyle. Hmm did you prepare the pudding by adding cornstarch, sugar, and salt to a small saucepan and whisk in almond milk to avoid clumps? The company was blown away that a Vegan / GF pie was the biggest people pleaser. Working at an events promotion company in London, a city full of food lovers, we list many food events and festivals; and I get invited to a number of them. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. You can serve and eat immediately or cover with a lid or plastic wrap and store in your fridge for up to 5 days. Not enough to make it taste lemony, but enough to brighten it up. Served this to family today and it was a huge hit. One of my favorite vegan recipes of all time! :/ I just finish taking it off the stove and was wondering what I could have done wrong. Looks so delicious! Is there anyway to just add sugar to this to make it taste better? But let me tell you — pregnancy cravings will pop up at the oddest times for the most random things. I also have almond flour, blanched and powdered- would the same amount of it work well? For the crust, I had no coconut oil so I used sunflower oil. So glad that it’s vegan too because I’m lactose intolerant! Get our copy of FAN FAVORITES featuring 20 of our most loved, highly-rated recipes! Hi Judy! If you can’t find any that aren’t lurking with eggs or dairy, vanilla Oreo’s would work well. It was easy and SO GOOD. www.revolutioninbloom.com/recipe/jell-o-instant-vegan-pudding-hack I took a few short cuts: 1) I used SoDelicious coconutmilk yogurt alternative Vanilla flavor as the base, then blended in fresh banana. It was very lumpy. We make a homemade coconut milk drink we would use. Once I opened, it was as hard as a rock and didn’t blend. I don’t know about that, but if you give it a try let us know! I’ve been using carageenan free almond milk now for about a year, and my favorite brand at the moment is Califia. Food processors aren’t generally powerful enough to blend chia seeds completely smooth so I worry it will turn out lumpy. Loving this pudding recipe Natalie and agree with you, ain’t nobody got time for a billion steps, so this short and simple pudding is where it’s AT GIRL. The recipe for the pudding is great!!!!! Or do I need to just let it stay on low heat longer? Bring mixture to a boil over medium-low heat. Banana bread, move aside (plus I am not a big fan of cinnamon, so that worked out). I subbed cashews for the crust (we were out of almonds) and cashew milk for the pudding (what I had on hand). Hello! The crust was perfect base for any pie. Eating this as I type. I hope that helps you. Everything came together so well except the coconut cream. Next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review? Have you tried doubling it before? Also, I was out of almonds, but I have this marzipan paste, that I used for the crust instead, omitted the sugar, and it worked out so good. Thanks. Made this with an oreo crust since oreos are vegan and I was trying to recreate an amazing non-vegan oreo crust banana cream pie. It’s been in the fridge for more than an hour and it’s still more liquidy than I’d like. I will always treasure this recipe! YAY!! Hmm maybe you didn’t cook it long enough on the stovetop? I’m looking for the vanilla type pudding that I could then use in a coconut cream or lemon Pie. Do you use all of the coconut whipped cream or half of it when mixing it with the “custard”? “This is Freaking awesome” while going for a second piece. Things I did differently-I used GF cookies for the crust. The puddding just would not smooth out and blend well with the coconut cream and I didn’t want to over mix it-what did I do wrong?! If you use frozen and regular bananas the pudding will be creamier, but if you wanna make the recipe and you haven’t frozen bananas, don’t worry, you can also use 4 regular bananas. No dates, no tofu, no bananas…how can you even call yourself a vegan?? Add more milk if need . A blend might be best. I think it could last for at least 2 or 3 days. The pudding never set for me after at least 10 minutes of stirring. It’s possible the filling didn’t get cooked long enough to properly thicken, or the coconut milk was not high enough fat? It’s in the fridge now, setting some more. Heavenly! Hi Lisa, that’s exactly what you want! The filling and the coconut cream also turned out nearly the same color—lacking the nice contrast in your photo. I don’t see in the instructions when to add bananas for the filling. Mix together thoroughly. Could I prep the crust and freeze it? We’re so glad you and your family enjoyed it! We made this and got a liquid mess. I made the Vegan GF Banana Cream Pie but it did not turn out for me. Don’t get distracted and forget to whisk. Haha a very scientific scale, right? There’s a lot of articles out there, just google it and see what you come up with. White and semi-translucent, it is sold in packages as washed and dried strips or inpowdered form. But after going vegan I realized that, while most of their pudding mixes were technically vegan, you couldn’t use plant based milks to make them. The crust is my go-to almond-oat creation that I discovered while making my Peanut Butter and Jelly Snack Bars (<- serious yum, btw). Check out this tutorial! I have recorded it in my “favourite recipes” file and will make this again! I am SO excited to try more desserts with this crust! Gradually continue to add milk, 2 tbsp at a time, to reach the thickness/consistency you like. You can also, Radicchio Salad with Cashew Ricotta Dressing, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction, https://minimalistbaker.com/raw-vegan-banana-cream-pie/, https://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-coconut-whipped-cream/, https://www.google.com/search?q=thai+coconut+milk&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJ9YXkqLbQAhXr7IMKHdcZA8oQ_AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=dWZuO4giDByeYM%3A, https://minimalistbaker.com/7-ingredient-vegan-key-lime-pies/. Maybe some organic brown sugar and stevia too ! Hi, I have tried vegan desserts with coconut oil, and I don’t like the after taste for it, for this recipe what can I substitute for coconut oil? This will go into a gluten free pie crust (from Wholy Wholesome which I HIGHLY recommend – as well as their frozen pizza dough). What about a graham cracker crust like this? Hi Michelle! https://www.google.com/search?q=thai+coconut+milk&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJ9YXkqLbQAhXr7IMKHdcZA8oQ_AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=dWZuO4giDByeYM%3A.