We can see confirmation of this in the Apostle Shaul’s example. One popular argument is that the Last Supper was the Passover meal itself (the evening of the 14th/15th). On the night before His crucifixion, Jesus observed the Passover in a new way, washing His disciples’ feet as a sign of service and love. Yahveh’s name is magnified as the covenant keeping Elohim (God) as proclaimed in Exodus 6:6-7. Finding Christ in Christianity – Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. However, the Last Supper could not have been held on the Sabbath, because Yeshua was in the earth for three full days and three full nights. From Israel’s loins arose Yosef (Joseph), whom his brothers sold into slavery in Egypt. day, but a meal held on the 14th day of the month of Nisan on the Hebrew Was he not a Mesith [enticer], concerning whom Scripture says, Neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him? Read my article on The Shema to learn more. These pertain to those who are unclean because of a dead body, and those who are away on a long journey (who cannot celebrate the Passover in its time). View all posts by Rock Excavation Service. 12 They shall leave none of it until morning, nor break one of its bones. However, this is not correct. 2 “You shall sacrifice the Passover to Yahweh your Elohim from the flock and the herd, in the place where Yahweh chooses to establish His name.”. The Feast of Unleavened Bread gives those who participate in it Because He sacrificed Himself, we are to lay aside our old selves (symbolized by leaven) and to put on the new self (symbolized by the removal of leaven). Explore this devotional and learn how the Feasts of Israel have been redefined through the Ten Commandments. Place the baking sheet onto the rack near the top of the oven, and bake for 2 minutes; turn the breads over and bake an additional 2 minutes, until the matzot are lightly browned and crisp. It’s all about Jesus: “But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior.” (Titus 3:4-6), Since the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread is the Passover meal, all leaven (sin) must be removed before the Passover. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.’”. sacrifice of the Passover lamb at the Temple, an annual celebration allows us Unleavened Bread for Passover. The Jewish tradition of cleaning their home of all chametz (leavened bread/yeast) is called kashering. The Feast of Unleavened Bread starts the day after Passover “for seven days you shall eat unleavened bread” (Leviticus 23:6). But this is the part of this feast that points us right to Mattityahu (Matthew) 26:23