[34], The Associated Press felt the video release of the concert was much better than its original live stream on YouTube, and stated that the concert showed the band "well-rehearsed and in good form", although criticized how Bono's voice was "audibly hoarse" in several songs. 'A place that has to be believed to be seen…'. "Breathe" opened the concert in Pasadena,[18] but was cut from the regular release; it is included as a bonus track. I've always wanted to see them live since I bought their album The Joshua Tree on cassette when I was a kid. [15] As a result, the tour was heavily insured. I´m originally from Argentina and in my teenage years I couldn´t stop listening to your melodies. Diese Seite wurde zuletzt am 14. The second leg of the tour featured more variation in the first part of the setlist. I was on the G.A. [11] Presales were held for U2.com subscribers, with those holding membership the longest getting the first chance to purchase tickets. I can't define love, but I know it when I feel it & felt it @ the show. Eine DVD sowie Blu-Ray der Tour wurde im Jahr 2010 veröffentlicht unter dem Titel U2360° at the Rose Bowl, aufgenommen am 25. I never thought I would hear them play "Bad" live but I did. During some concerts on the European leg of the tour, a video link-up with the crew of the International Space Station was aired. On the fourth leg of the tour, "Scarlet" was performed in place of "MLK" and dedicated to the release of Suu Kyi. ... We don't take anything for granted. [76] "Breathe", "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of", and "Unknown Caller" were dropped from rotation, while "Miss Sarajevo", "I Will Follow", "Mothers of the Disappeared", "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" and "Spanish Eyes" made their tour debuts. [34] The extensive amount of time it took to assemble and disassemble the stage interfered with the development of the schedule for the 2010 Major League Baseball season,[35] due to U2 scheduling shows at four MLB stadiums: O.co Coliseum in Oakland, Angel Stadium in Anaheim, Rogers Centre in Toronto, and Busch Stadium in St. Louis. Comprising three legs[6] and 110 shows, the tour began on 30 June 2009 in Barcelona, Spain, and concluded on 30 July 2011 in Moncton, Canada. [117] The tour concluded in July 2011 with a final gross of $736,421,586, and a total attendance of 7,272,046. The official U2 website with all the latest news, video, audio, lyrics, photos, tour dates and ticket information. U22 is available only to members of U2.com. [71] A NASA press release revealed that crewmember Frank De Winne had recorded the final verse of the song on 18 August 2009. My girlfriend was nice enough to get us these tickets...and planned this trip. The Joshua Tree Tour 2019-New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Singapore & S Korea; U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018-North America & … [69] Following the band's exit from the stage, Elton John's "Rocket Man" was played. [93] "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and "Mysterious Ways" were rehearsed in an acoustic style,[90] but performances during the tour were done by the full band. It was a long trip to be there. The city itself was great, saw the Cubs play a nooner at Wrigley Field, than stumbled to the "Cubby Bear" for pre concert drinks. Background. STILL reeling from the terrific amazing concert. [100] Directed by Tom Krueger, the shoot used 27 high definition cameras,[101] and it marked the first time since 1983's U2 Live at Red Rocks: Under a Blood Red Sky that the band intentionally filmed over a single night—in contrast to recording multiple shows. "Breathe" opened most concerts, though its place was occasionally taken by "Magnificent". I don't know what we'll do next time, but these cleaner stages in stadiums are the way to go. The Joshua Tree Tour 2019-New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Singapore & S Korea, U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018-North America & Europe, Added Dates-Mexico City, South America, US, The Joshua Tree Tour 2017-North America and Europe UK, iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015-North America & Europe, iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015-Packages, POPMART-Leg 5: 1998, Australia, Japan, South Africa, ZOOTV-Leg 3 (Outside Broadcast): 1992, North America, Lovetown-Leg 1: 1989, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Unforgettable Fire-Leg 4: 1985, North America, Unforgettable Fire-Leg 2: 1984, North America, Unforgettable Fire-Leg 1: 1984, Under Australian Skies, War-Leg 2: 1983, America, European Festivals, Japan, October-Leg 2: 1981/82, North America/Europe, Toronto - 360° Stage and the Toronto Tower, U2360° At The Rose Bowl DVD - Ultra Violet Clip, U2360° At The Rose Bowl DVD - City of Binding Lights, Washington, DC - New Years Day Introduction, New York - Bono Speaks about Mayor Bloomberg, Countdown to 360° Tour North America - Lift Off, Countdown to 360°Tour North America - One Day, Countdown to 360° Tour North America - Day 2 Adam, Countdown to 360° Tour North America - Day 3 Adam, Countdown to 360° Tour North America - Day 4 Jake, Countdown to 360° Tour North America - Day 5 Adam, Countdown to 360° Tour North America - Day 6, Countdown to 360° Tour North America - Day 7 Willie, Countdown to 360° Tour North America - Day 8 Sam, Countdown to 360° Tour North America - Day 9 Jake, Countdown to 360° Tour North America -Day 10 Joe O'Herlihy, Sheffield - Happy Birthday Willie Williams, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, Aung San Suu Kyi: 'Ambassador of Conscience'. [60] Some tickets were being resold on the secondary market for prices of up to $7,500. Countdown to 360° Tour North America -Day 10 Joe O'Herlihy. [61] Although some artists were known to be holding back tickets from general sale and delivering them straight into the secondary market, Live Nation said that U2 did not engage in this practice. [39] Models of the stage were added to Google Earth approximately a week before the scheduled concert took place; tour architect Mark Fisher stated, "We thought it would be interesting to put up on Google Earth a piece of portable architecture. Past experience would have us expect a word and a prayer from the band. I totally lost it when they played Where the Streets Have No Name. Beautiful Day In The Space Station - Seattle. In fact I will be buying tickets tomorrow for the East Lansing concert! The first half, from "Breathe" to "Vertigo", focused on the personal, where Bono "envisages himself as a young man, struggling to find his feet in life and in search of some kind of personal epiphany. It dwarfs the stadium, it makes the stage look clean and breaks down the barrier between band and crowd. The show is preceded by an introduction montage, showing the "babyface" (from the cover of Zooropa), complete with a helmet, staring at a screen of U2 photographs inside a space ship. [23] Williams said the goal is to establish a physical proximity: "The band is just sitting in the palm of the audience's hand. U2 traten von 2009 bis 2011 in Stadien auf. [10] Drummer Larry Mullen, Jr. said, "Will we sell it out? [16], U2360° at the Rose Bowl was released on 3 June 2010 in the United States and 7 June in the United Kingdom. [120], "U2 360" redirects here. [28] The LED segments of the screen are weather-resistant. [3][14] Each leg of the structure contained its own sound system. [3] The inspiration for the "spaceship-on-four-legs" design, nicknamed "the Claw", came from the landmark Theme Building at Los Angeles International Airport. Unexpectedly moved to DC after buying tix but excitedly flew back for this show. But that's not going to stop us. FB: Every fan was captured at face level detail in this incredible, ultra high resolution 360 degree fancam image of the U2 360 TOUR FANCAM. Producing this structure was a challenge, but the effect has been great. He [Bono] feels robbed of the chance to do what he does best and feels like he has badly let down the band and their audience. By its conclusion, U2 360° had set records for the highest-grossing concert tour with $736 million in ticket sales, and for the highest-attended tour with over 7.2 million tickets sold. They finished 2010 by playing Australia and New Zealand in November and December. [5], The stages were built by the Belgian company Stageco along with the U.S.-based company Enerpac. Check out our latest competition. These were used for the first time ever to assemble and dismantle the high tonnage structure. [11] Playing larger capacity venues allowed the band to price tickets more conservatively and subsidise less expensive tickets with costlier ones. I am luckily gonna use my last 2 pre-sale tickets to grab another pair to see them with my wife in Chicago July 6, 2010, which happens to be my birthday as well! We've got winners in our #U2FTGU competition. [41] Approximately €9 million ($11 million) in U2 360° Tour profits is expected to go to charity. U2 was also forced to reschedule what would have been their final Giants Stadium concert, when the NFL changed the start time of a New York Jets game, and load-out time from the concert a day and a half prior would have been insufficient. There were multiple shows in each city making it the largest stadium tour of Australia in the band's history. At the 2 July 2011 show in Nashville, Bono invited a visually impaired fan on-stage to play "All I Want Is You" on guitar for his wife after the normal set closer "Moment of Surrender. Hope they play in North America in 2010 also. Dublin. U2360° at the Rose Bowl is a 2010 concert film by Irish rock band U2. [11] The North American leg of the tour began on 12 September 2009 in Chicago followed by two nights in Toronto and ended on 28 October 2009 in Vancouver. [112] In contrast, The Boston Globe complained that the stage's size caused the band to struggle to connect with the audience and play with intimacy, as all four members were often playing to a different section of the stadium. [46], Like most concerts, tour venues have benefited from hosting concerts. [11] Tiered football stadiums were preferred venues in this scheme, compared to flat fields or baseball stadiums,[8] although a few of the latter added to the routing. Postponement of 2010 North American shows, Link up with the International Space Station, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, U2 Live at Red Rocks: Under a Blood Red Sky, U22: A 22 Track Live Collection from U2360°, "U2's 360 Degree Tour coming to Giants Stadium", "Inside U2's Plans to Rock Stadiums Around the Globe", "U2's Rose Bowl Show Breaks Attendance Record", "U2 gets on its boots for 2-year world tour", "U2 to 'Kiss the Future' on Global Stadium Tour", "Enerpac Climbing System lifts U2 Concert Stage", "U2 Comes to Rescue of the Cowboys About Scoreboard", "U2's 360-Degree Stage Takes Shape at Carter-Finley", "U2 manager delighted to bring stage show full circle", "U2 Reinvent Stadium Rock Shows With 360 Tour", "U2's Enormous Claw Stage to Become Permanent Installation", "On tour this year ... A 360° experience", "U2 creates a spectacle for its Giants Stadium show", "Have U2 created a monster with massive carbon footprint of 360 tour?