Stir in spinach just before serving. I'm Steph Wagner, a Registered Dietitian specializing in weight-loss surgery since 2009. Add lemon juice and serve. I believe that it is but I would Google that if you can find out more! I can’t wait for you to trying this Turkey Meatball and Cabbage Soup! Add meatballs to the simmering broth. Bake on a greased baking sheet in a 400 degree F oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, about 15 minutes. Enjoy an Italian-style soup with pesto-infused meatballs, basil, garlic and escarole, topped with Parmigiano-Reggiano and freshly cracked pepper. balls. I did not use breadcrumb for the meatball, but I use tapioca … I added a can of diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings to my version and it was great. Turkey meatball soup for the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker, Ground turkey meatballs in savory broth and veggies for a high protein and low carb weight loss surgery meal. For only $12/month, you'll receive these great benefits to help you on your weight loss journey: * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. So simple and tasty! Check out my recipe for Skillet Turkey Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy for more meatball related goodness. However, for bariatric surgery patients I recommend focusing on the meatball and some vegetables, limited broth. very good, although once you chop everything it takes longer than 30 minutes to prep. Select manual pressure for 10 minutes. Turkey Meatballs: In bowl, combine egg, onion, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; mix in turkey. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, Just Like Grandma Used to Make: Why We're Craving Grandma's Cooking Now More Than Ever, How to Make Those Viral Hot Chocolate Bombs at Home. Once the broth is boiling, add the carrots and celery, along with salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Add ground turkey, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper. Baldwinsville, New York, Contest-Winning Turkey Meatball Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Add water and broth; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. This grain-free recipe isn’t heavy on the gut, but still satisfying with it’s hearty vegetables, herbed meatballs, and savory, homemade broth. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape by 1 tbsp (15 mL) into balls. … Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute carrots and celery in oil for 5 minutes. Hi! To serve, ladle soup into bowls. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Plus it’s Paleo, dairy free, and Whole30 compliant. Nutrition Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Refrigerate until other ingredients are ready. Saute chopped onion for 2 minutes then tun off. A note about soup after weight loss surgery. Stir in pasta; cook 10-12 minutes longer or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Sign-up to receive my free recipes and tips! In a small bowl, combine the egg whites, bread crumbs, cheese and 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning. ¾ cup soft whole-wheat breadcrumbs (1 1/2 slices), 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth, 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated (Optional), © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Info. Homemade turkey meatballs are the star of this hearty soup. Place meatballs on the prepared baking pan. Serve. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Add meatballs and heat through. I use fresh herbs . Using a cookie scoop or a large spoon, form into meatballs about 1.5 inches in size. I have seen many patients struggle with snacking and hunger because they got away from avoid fluids while eating and 45-60 minutes after the meal. —Carol Losier MAKE IT SHINE! —Christie Ladd, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, Hearty Turkey Meatball Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. I put leftovers in baggies and freeze to take to work. Replace lid for 5 minutes. 30 Crock-Pot Chicken Soup Recipes for Busy Nights, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth. I also used Jennie-O 99% lean ground turkey. To make prep work even easier, the meatball … Jump on the latest food trend with our step-by-step guide to making hot chocolate bombs. You can still make a soup that is really hearty, but use a slotted spoon and eat the meat and vegetables, leaving the broth behind. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Combine breadcrumbs, salad dressing, egg white and pepper. Add the green onions, carrot, celery, black pepper and thyme. If you are thinking to yourself “I thought I wasn’t supposed to have soup after bariatric surgery?” I would say that you aren’t wrong. Awesome for people who don't eat red meat. Recipe by Irmgard. While your waiting for the broth to boil, combine all of the ingredients for the meatballs.