Throw together some storecupboard ingredients and pop under the grill for a simple midweek meal 25 mins . Drain and set aside. Thanks so much Julie. Jacqui, Your email address will not be published. Tuna (mostly canned tuna) is very often paired with olives in pasta recipes. Peel and slice the two garlic cloves and put in a frying pan or skillet with 3-4 tablespoons of heated olive oil when the garlic starts to soften add the olive mixture. Filed Under: Calabria, Fusilli, Pasta Salads and in Soups, Pesto and other pasta sauces, Seafood & Lake Fish Pasta Tagged With: calabria, fish, fusilli, pesto, quick and easy, Southern Italy. Healthy . It’s also very traditional on pasta with fish. Tuscan Lucchesi olives and even Greek Kalamata olives. salt. A quick and easy tuna pasta using cupboard ingredients. Your email address will not be published. Privacy policy. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in skillet over medium low. Add to a bowl. Free UK delivery on all orders over £35 . Jacqui, Your email address will not be published. To cook the pasta: 250 grams pasta of your choice (you can use penne, fettucine, or spaghetti) 5 cups water for boiling salt For the sauce: 8 cloves of garlic, minced 1 can of tuna in oil, drained sliced olives 1 pack of Clara Ole Cheesy Pesto. If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark this page or save it to Pinterest. Vesuvio pasta from Campania; shaped like a volcano! What a tasty dish! I must have a ee bit of latent Italian in me as I share the aversion to cheese and fish, it does not work for me at all. I love the use of tuna and olives with the pasta- so cozy! It’s possible to buy it ready made all over Italy and even abroad. It is a digital cookbook and cooking guide alike, available on all platforms, that helps home cooks of every level discover, save and organize the world’s best recipes, while also helping them become better, more competent cooks. Easy . Don’t cook the pasta all the way through when boiling. All the best. Buon giorno and welcome to my pasta project! 15 minutes is all you need to whip up this fresh, light and healthy fish pasta with olives, capers and greens 15 mins . It takes no time at all to make, it’s very flavourful and can be eaten warm or as a salad! The pitted Spanish ones that are found in most supermarkets are okay. Remove 2 tablespoons of the cooking water and mix with the tuna. Fusilli pasta with black olive pesto and tuna. This is such a tasty sound recipe, must get round to it soon, sans olives though as the latent ‘Italian’ does not stretch to a love of olives , I agree there must be some Italian blood in your ancestry Brian. Caccavelle Giant Pasta Shells from Gragnano, Naples. They look really nice, keep their shape after cooking and the sauce and bits of tuna get inside the spirals so every mouthful is tasty and you don’t leave most of the sauce on the plate! Alla Mediterranea (Mediterranean sauce and celebrations! I must have a ee bit of latent Italian in me as I share the aversion to cheese and fish, it does not work for me at all. Add the tomato sauce with the olives, toss everything together, and serve. Yes tuna and olives go so well with pasta. Please write a comment here on the blog or post a comment on the Pasta Project Facebook page. So, if you make extra pesto, it can be served on pizza, bruschetta or crostini! Sagne Pasta from Abruzzo, Molise and Lazio. It takes no time at all to make, it’s very flavourful and can be eaten warm or as a salad! Cjarsons ravioli from Friuli Venezia Giulia. Use a little bit of oil from the Cheesy Pesto pack para tipid :), around 2 tablespoons. Add the tomato sauce to the pan, heat through and season to taste with salt and add pepper and the red pepper flakes if using. Please try again. Then, they consumed it during the winter or sold it inland. Cook, stirring, just until fragrant, and remove from the heat. The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. Your email address will not be published. This is not surprising since most of Italy’s olives and olive oil come from the southern Italy regions of Calabria, Puglia and Sicily. It takes no time at all to make, it’s very flavourful and can be eaten warm or as a salad! Cjarsons ravioli from Friuli Venezia Giulia. My name is Jacqui. https://philosokitchen.com/tuna-pasta-olives-capers-tomato-sauce If it’s fished and canned in Italy then it’s likely to taste great! In Calabria, home to 30% of Italy’s olive production, olive pesto is also made and sold in jars by a number of companies. Add to mixture with grated Pecorino cheese, onion and the anchovy fillets. 1 pack of Clara Ole Cheesy Pesto. It’s a great combo and this dish can be eaten warm or cold as a pasta salad. Fusilli Bucati Corti (short hollow fusilli), Garganelli pasta from Romagna (Emilia-Romagna), Gomiti Elbow Pasta, a pasta with many names, Italian Gnocchi; Potato gnocchi and family, Canederli: Italian Bread Dumplings from South Tirol, Lombrichelli, hand rolled pasta from Lazio, Maccheroncini di Campofilone from Le Marche. Oops! That would be good! Luckily here in Italy, good quality tuna in olive oil is easily available. In the meantime cook the pasta al dente in the boiling salted water according to the instructions on the packet. Cook the pasta according to package directions. I’m originally a Londoner but in 2003 life’s journey brought me to the beautiful Veneto region of Italy where… Read More, 3rd place in Top 50 Italian Food Blogs Awards by Feedspot, Copyright © 2020 The Pasta Project on the Brunch Pro Theme, Aosta Valley (Valle d’Aosta or Val d’Aosta).