The 85 feet-high Shiva statue is quite the eye-catcher. We, then, went to the Colaba Causeway. Quality: (16) Another time I'd casually written that now I'd had the pleasure of ├ö├ç├┐going out├ö├ç├û with a much younger man, I'd be very surprised if I ever reverted to my previous habit of dating oldsters . Cities live. Bharuch is a broken city. The 78-year-old did bring his friends along, but it wasn't just they who cheered as the Bengali-speaking Gujarati from Delhi won the Lifetime Achievement Award at the India Today Art Awards 2018, held on December 21 in association with The India Story, an annual four-day arts festival in Kolkata. I made this small trip to Bharuch – a mere 16 hours in the place (sleep included) – to meet a college friend. With a blend of Assam and Darjeeling leaves, she makes the best tea in the world. Usage Frequency: 4 Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2017-09-05 MyMemory is the world's largest Translation Memory. These are the things that we often take for granted – maybe because they are things that we always need and use. This course teaches English spelling rules with interactive exercises and spelling tests, helping learners with problems such as dyslexia to improve their English spelling and helping others to learn English as a foreign language. Over the course of the last two decades, Bombay has become a safer place to live in. So, like all things on the internet, blogging has become, at best, useless and, at worst, positively bad (an oxymoron, if ever there was one, and speaking of the internet’s incredible ability to corrupt, remember embedded video? I love cities, well most of them. I like walking on a city’s streets, I like eating at famous places in cities (and by places, I also mean institutions, like the ubiquitous vada-pav guy on every pavement in Western India), I like soaking up the culture of cities. A small detour through the Gir forest – yielding sightings of only some deer and peacocks (peahens, rather) – was about the only interesting thing that happened as we returned the next day to Baroda. Usage Frequency: 1 The 26/11 terrorists probably made the place more famous than it already was, but Leopold Café had been on my to-visit list for a long time. I must say, Bharuch has to be the easiest town in the entire state to get hold of alcohol. Currently you do not have any favorite word. Quality: Last Update: 2017-10-12 Only in Bombay. What a wonderful street that is, India’s Champs de Elysees. It didn’t really feel very Gujarati. Contextual translation of "goes trundling down the street" into Hindi. You have friends and then you have family. It is a remnant of India’s Raj days, as is the adjoining Café Mondegar. Mound definition is - to enclose or fortify with a fence or a ridge of earth. Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2020-05-20 However, for all of its lacunae, Bharuch has a lot of those characteristics that make it such a typically Gujarati town. Reference: Anonymous. Quality: We use cookies to enhance your experience. It’s that time in my life again. This reciprocity makes the relation between us and our cities deeper than many of the ones we consciously cultivate. If you’ve come here on vacation, it gives you everything you could wish for and more. This, of course, was an impression that I got and I may be wrong. (7) What he likes about his oldsters is that ├ö├ç├┐these are people who've been in love, read books, traveled, and simply lived in the world longer.├ö├ç├û. Maybe Jack Kerouac’s rationalization of the joy of San Francisco – the attribution of that joy and that spirit to its proximity to the sea and to it being the end of the continent – holds true here too, in some measure. Writing is a wonderful habit. of never understanding ourselves But the temple-statue-smell are a package deal. It didn’t really feel very Gujarati. Oh, now I remember – Friedman also said that being “a tool that allows people to share their views about the world”, blogging is an extremely powerful tool for an individual to reach out to a very large audience. (6) Waterford, on the other hand, is filled to the brim with overalls-wearing, Farmer's Almanac-wisdom-spouting oldsters and women who wear plaid flannel shirts with patches on the elbows. (5) Youngsters, and oldsters for that matter, have heroes and idols. The temple is just as unremarkable as the statue is memorable. Reference: Anonymous. The overpowering cow dung smell wasn’t. At night, it becomes even more beautiful. To one such juice center we went and it felt just like college again for a day.