Move to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Triple Layer Key Lime Cake . Toss the graham cracker crumbs, milk powder, sugar, and salt together in a medium bowl. A truly amazing creation with a buttery graham cake, tart key lime curd, fresh key lime juice soaking each layer, graham cracker crunch, and liquid cheesecake. It seems like a lot but when done one day at a time, the whole thing is super manageable. 1 (3 ounce) package lime flavored Jell-O mix. Invert the cake onto it and peel off the parchment or mat from the bottom of the cake. This will ensure that you can lift the pie off the bottom of the spring from pan with ease. Gently peel off the acetate and transfer the cake to a platter or cake stand. Joy did your cake come out with the new ounces for Duncan Hines? What size spring form pan? 1 tablespoon cornstarch (6g) I love that lime green color! ","position":3,"name":"Whisk the butter and heavy cream together. Add the 1/4 cup of key lime juice and mix well. Let it sit for a few minutes.Set the pot of ket lime mixture over low heat and whisk regularly as it heats up. Add the sugar and mix for 1-2 minutes until the sugar has been incorporated. Still not rising. Use a spatula or spoon to smooth over layer one. Scrape down the sides of the bowl halfway through this process, and again at the end.Add the eggs, one at a time, beating on medium-high for 1 minute after each addition. It should take you about 3 minutes to add these liquids. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This is the reaction of the acid in the key lime juice and the sweetened condensed milk. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Wrap the top cake with plastic, transfer the sheet pan to the freezer and freeze for a minimum of 12 hours to set the cake and fillings. The final result is nothing short of amazing, a mix of buttery crumbs and tart custard-y goodness, with that perfect crunch in each bite. So I made the liquid cheesecake which is tried and true and was a really wonderful addition here! Your email address will not be published. The sour cream, if not at room temperature will clump, so make sure this and all ingredients are at room temp. Repeat the layering: lime juice, liquid cheesecake, crumbs, curd. The cake will rise and puff, doubling in size, but will remain slightly buttery and dense. ","position":14,"name":"Put the graham crunch in a blender. The cooled cake can be stored in the fridge, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 5 days. Looks like one I need to make, i presume the cream cheese is for icing? This time I put it in a 13×9 pan and it still did not rise. Do Not refrigerate until the baked layer has completely cooled or you will introduce moisture to the crust and cause it to separate. Begin adding the key lime juice, this will cause the mixture to thicken. Scrape down the sides as needed.In a bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and salt. I assume it will still come out alright since your recipe use exact same ingredients but smaller box of cake mix. Soak it with the remaining lime juice, and then cover the top of the cake with the graham buttercream. Total Carbohydrate Scrape down the sides of the bowl again. Leprechaun Key Lime Cake Recipe . In a large mixing bowl, mix the gelatin, sugar, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. He looks at food and loses weight. Next time I’ll alter the recipe a little. The curd can be refrigerated for up to 1 week; do not freeze.For the Liquid Cheesecake:Heat the oven to 300°F. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 15 minutes. Spread over the pie and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving. Look no further, people. Remember cold sour cream will make lumps! They make the smaller now. ","position":28,"name":"Clean the cake ring and place it in...","url":"https:\/\/www.thebakerchick.com\/key-lime-pie-layer-cake\/#mv_create_41_28"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Put the cake scraps together inside the ring and use the back of your hand to tamp the scraps together into a flat, even layer. Grease and flour three 9-Inch round cake pans. Once the mixture starts to bubble up and begin to boil, remove it from the heat and transfer it to the blender. Ingredients Feel free to delete it. Use the cake ring to stamp out 2 rounds from the cake. Transfer the contents of the blender to a medium pot or saucepan. I was wondering if this could be made in a 9 x 13 pan. Bake in the 350-degree oven for 20 minutes. Scrape down the sides as needed. Layer whipped cream onto the pie. Add the whipping cream to a clean and preferably chilled bowl for mixing. Add the milk and egg and whisk until smooth. I’ve made 3 cakes in one week. This is the prettiest cake I have ever made and it starts off using a cake mix and then fancies it up quite a bit. 1 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened (20g) If you store it in the refrigerator, be sure to loosen it up before using, otherwise it will be impossible to spread. Move to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. While the layers are still hot mix the lime juice and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and pour it over the layers on the racks. Move to the completely baked and cooled baked layer. Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture. I doubt I’ll want to share any of this with anyone..I’ve made several of her cake and they really are worth the time and effort! To prepare the pan, place parchment paper on the bottom of a 9″ spring form pan. Give it volume and swirls, or do as we do and opt for a perfectly flat top. Put the cake scraps together inside the ring and use the back of your hand to tamp the scraps together into a flat, even layer. Ingredients 1 … I do double up on the frosting but other than that, I follow to the letter. Never really think to make a key lime cake and why not! And it looks so pretty! So pretty! No lime … no graham cracker. Test for doneness by lightly touching the tops of the layers or inserting a toothpick. This looks so good! Scrape down the sides of the bowl, increase the mixer speed to medium high, and paddle for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture is practically white, twice the size of your original fluffy butter\/sugar mixture, and completely homogenous. Once the mixture starts to bubble up and begin to boil, remove it from the heat and transfer it to the blender. 1/4 tsp kosher salt (1g) Still tastes good. ","position":36,"name":"Nestle the remaining cake round into the curd....","url":"https:\/\/www.thebakerchick.com\/key-lime-pie-layer-cake\/#mv_create_41_36"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Wrap the top cake with plastic, transfer the sheet pan to the freezer and freeze for a minimum of 12 hours to set the cake and fillings.