It has a durable coating, is the ideal size … 2. The color is beautiful. January 1, 2017 Last Modified: September 8, 2020 by Nadine Leave a Comment. Reviewed in the United States on April 24, 2020. Happy with purchase. Reviewed in the United States on August 6, 2020. […], Popular Products While shopping online for an geniune leather purse is easier and more convenient than shopping in person, it is also harder to know if you are buying a high-quality product. Even when the online pictures are an honest representation of the item, it is hard to see any tiny details in the photos. Lodge cast iron pot may not become a family heirloom – but at this price point your successors can easily afford their own Dutch oven. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on June 2, 2020. Its large diameter makes it … Stews work wonderfully in a Dutch oven as you can start by searing the meat on the stovetop and finish them either in the oven or stove top without having to change pans. But comparing the Tramontina to the. Emeril Emerilware Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven Review, Simply Calphalon Enamel Cast Iron 5-Quart Dutch Oven Review, Lodge Color Porcelain Enamel on Cast Iron Dutch Oven Review, Wolfgang Puck Cast Iron Dutch Oven Review, Food Network Enamel Cast Iron 5.5-qt. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Even when the online pictures are an honest representation of the item, it is hard to see any tiny details in the photos. Tramontina Dutch Oven Review – Enameled Cast Iron ==> Check Price. With the detailed information below, you will know what to look for when choosing the best dutch oven for yourself. Oh, there's a lifetime warranty so if ceramic does chip or issues come up, just write company. From your favorite slow-cooked recipes, braised meats, one-pot meals, soups and stews, these dutch ovens are the best iron-cast pots to cook them in. An enamel dutch oven is naturally non-stick. Not to mention, it’s perfect for baking, simmering, frying, basting and sauteing, just to name a few. Search from my website. TRAMONTINA 6.5 Qt ROUND Dutch Oven Cobalt Blue Enameled Cast Iron . Dutch ovens have high sides, making them useful for preparing soups, stews and large cuts of meat. I am happy with this pot. Reviewed in the United States on February 25, 2019. At issue is this has enamel that’s chipped in 2 places and we’ve only cooked in it once: on the handle and on the edge of lid. I 'bought this one for my sister. Nadine is a freelance writer, blogger and a tropical island travel enthusiast. Reviewed in the United States on November 20, 2013. No issues. When washing I did wipe dry the rim and lid promptly. The burned oil didn't budge. If you don't have one, purchase a bottle of Bar Keepers Friend (in stock at WalMart) for help removing stubborn stains in the enamel of your cast iron Dutch oven. I purchased this dutch oven to replace one I bought from Cost Plus a couple years back. We have narrowed down the best five Dutch ovens sold in the market. Here's what I learned: use a high-heat oil, such as grape-seed, and use only a small amount. Click here for more information, reviews and pricing! But I want to share what happened when I first used it, and how I solved a problem I was having with cleaning the enamel. It is sad I can’t return this and get my $ back. Even after seasoning and using oil Z food always sticks . Baked bread twice with it. Even when the online pictures are an honest representation of the item, it is hard to see any tiny details in the photos. Chinese-made – The Tramontina enameled cast iron Dutch oven is made in China. Even when the online pictures are an honest representation of the item, it is hard to see any tiny details in the […], Popular Products While shopping online for an large handbag tote is easier and more convenient than shopping in person, it is also harder to know if you are buying a high-quality product. Alas, things just got worse: while the bread baked in a layer of parchment paper, the vegetable oil burned and ran from the top edge down to the bottom of the pot, leaving dark, scorched 'tears'. This is my second of this brand because I use the first so often, I wanted a second. The instructions say to wash and dry both the lid and the pot before using; because the lip of the pot and the cover are bare cast iron, they should be coated with oil and put in an oven to 'season' both pieces. -- The one pictured on Amazon is the higher end one that does list for the $210 -- the one I received was the lower end $80 retail from Wal-M**t . In our analysis of 53 expert reviews, the Tramontina Tramontina Enameled Cast Iron Covered Braiser, 4-Quart placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. More coats of glaze and smoother sleek look. have to let you know I have used it a few times to boil pasta and today the enamel chipped. Click here for current prices and more details! While enameled cast iron Dutch ovens come in everything from cute 1/4-quart to massive 13 1/2–quart sizes, a five- to six-quart pot is the most practical size for most homes, as it should make enough food for four to six people. The Cost Plus item was purchased on sale was slightly less expensive than this Tramontina oven cost me, though the everyday price from Cost Plus is actually more than the Tramontina. Meat also doesn’t sear well when they are too close together and it is harder to work with a tall cooking vessel. With all the great options available to you, why wouldn’t you? But here’s the thing: they are worth every penny. The description here on Amazon touts a "Lifetime Warranty." Nothing wrong with it, very beautiful. Into our soups, that's where, and into us. It's now been several days, and while reading recipes for Dutch ovens I came across a "tip" in one of the recipes: use Bar Keepers Friend to remove stubborn stains. Which is perfect for holding meals at warmer temperatures before serving. Reviewed in the United States on January 13, 2017. kinda just the right size for me! It was packaged very nicely with no risk of damage. The food turns out moist and aromatic and buyers have rated it highly in many Tramontina Dutch oven reviews online. Even when the online pictures are an honest representation of the item, it is hard to see any tiny details in the photos. Very good customer service. Check Price Now ! Dutch ovens cooking lock in moisture and evenly roast a whole bird without drying out any of the parts. The only thing wrong with this pan is that now i want two. The clean up was a breeze. There are camping dutch ovens that are rugged and ideal for outdoor cooking. This is my fourth Tramontina enamel coated cast Iron pan that I have purchased and I love them all thus far. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Tramontina Enameled Cast Iron 6.5 Qt Covered Round Dutch Oven Enameled Cast Iron 6.5 Qt Covered Round Dutch Oven by Tramontina at Amazon.com. We bought the 3.5L and 5.5L Tramontina Dutch ovens in 2017. Narrow base – While a tall and narrow design has its advantages, the drawback is you will have a smaller cooking surface. Fast, FREE delivery, video streaming, music, and much more. We have had Le Creuset products in the past and loved them, but wanted to try something different. 4.6 out of 5 stars 2,339. The lid’s underside features spikes that have a self-basting effect, as the evaporating cooking juices will drip back and evenly distribute during the cooking process. Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. Start with medium and allow the cast iron to absorb the heat because it retains it so well, you can cook at a lower temperature and achieve the same results. I use this on a glass top cooktop which has both electric and induction and it works excellent with both. Several features set Staub apart as a top rated Dutch oven brand. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Tramontina Enameled Cast Iron Round Trivet, 7-Inch, Gradated Red at Amazon.com. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The Tramontina Dutch oven review below will take a look at this much cheaper option for those who love to cook but are not able or willing to splurge over $300 on a single pot. Even when the online pictures are an honest representation of the item, it is hard to see any tiny details in the […], Popular Products While shopping online for an oilily is easier and more convenient than shopping in person, it is also harder to know if you are buying a high-quality product.