Refrigerate, if desired. Our favorite way to use this sauce (1) poured over chopped pork on buns or (2) to baste bone-in chicken when grilling. https://www.traderjoes.com/recipes/appetizers-sides/carolina-gold-slaw Heat over medium-low heat till hot; lower to simmer and simmer 30-45 minutes. Our favorite way to use this sauce (1) poured over chopped pork on buns or (2) to baste bone-in chicken when grilling. Carolina Gold Sauce ( Mustard BBQ Sauce ) Amount Per Serving. One of the best things about this sauce is that is it different based on where you are on the map. Sprinkle dressing with salt and pepper. > Remove and discard excess fat from pork. $14.88. This cool, crunchy summer slaw pairs perfectly with BBQ chicken or grilled shrimp skewers. For crockpot BBQ, add 1 cup of sauce the crockpot with Boston butt, and cook until very tender. It’s a golden-hue mustard-based sauce that’s sweet and smoky with a hint of molasses and just the right blend of spices. Not having much knowledge of sauces at the time I was intrigued by a barbeque sauce that is gold in color. The pros: Trader Joe’s Carolina Gold Barbeque Sauce is a solid mustard based BBQ sauce at a reasonable price. What is all in this sauce: Chop or shred pork, place in buns, and serve with extra sauce. Why not mustard? If you like really browned chicken, start basting early; otherwise, baste frequently after the first 30 minutes of grilling. Filed Under: Trader Joe's Tagged With: Barbeque Sauce, BBQ, Trader Joe's. Get ready to come along for the ride as we start off with the inspiration for this exploration into barbeque sauce – Trader Joe’s Carolina Gold. Other thoughts: The texture of the sauce is perfect, not too thick and too runny – thanks in part to the added corn starch and xanthan gum I am sure. For a foodie with a Geography degree this is super exciting stuff. I love it. Cane sugar, Yellow mustard (distilled vinegar, water, mustard seed), distilled vinegar, tomato puree (water, tomato past), sea salt, corn starch, Worcestershire sauce (distilled vinegar, molasses, sea salt, sugar, spices, tamarind), molasses, spices, garlic, onion, natural smoke flavor, xanthan gum. Nice work Carolina! I’m a reformed picky eater finding a new way to not conform. The sooner you baste, the more browned the chicken gets, and we like it browned and charred (not burned), so we baste early and frequently. Home This is my first time hearing of a mustard based barbeque sauce. ), Copyright © 2020 Eat Like No One Else on the Foodie Pro Theme, Trader Joe’s Carolina Gold Barbeque Sauce Review, « Why Buying Small Fruit Can Save California Farms Suffering from Drought, How to Use Avocado for Creamy Salad Dressings ». I am going to taking you on a tour across this country looking at different styles of sauces, reviews of what you can buy in the store, as well as my very own recipes. We don’t get food from there often, but there are certain things that we are guaranteed to order if we do. Calories 354. I am going to attempt to re-create this sauce from scratch myself, since I can improve upon with homemade mustard, fresh from the garden tomatoes, carmelized onions, and roasted garlic to add more natural sweet flavors so I can use less sugar. We’re fans of all kinds of barbecue and Trader Joe’s Carolina Gold Barbecue Sauce is a blend that reminds us of some of the best grilled meats we’ve enjoyed in the Carolinas. The TJ’s sauce is a good one when you can’t make your own. Salad. Heat over medium-low heat till hot; lower to simmer and simmer 30-45 minutes. This might offend some purists, but makes it great for slathering on pork and beef. Serves: 6 - 8 In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring all ingredients to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. It has a distinct smoky smell. The cons: If you don’t care for mustard based BBQ sauces then skip this item. (serving=1/4 cup), Total Carbohydrate It’s summer time, also known as grill season. ... Baby Back Ribs Recipe Video . It’s sweet, maybe a little more than it needs to be. Many months ago as I was looking in the condiment section at my local Trader Joe’s, I spotted this gold colored sauce – called Carolina Gold. SportingDoc. In some parts of the country, you might even find multiple styles of barbecue in the same town! The time of year where we Americans like taking our kitchens outdoors and spending some serious time in front of the grill. Nutrition Facts. Then I get a smokey flavor. I always associate barbeque with ketchup. It’s a golden-hue mustard-based sauce that’s sweet and smoky with a hint of molasses and just the right blend of spices. Easy to pour. If you like me looking to expand your barbeque horizons you can do well for yourself buying Trader Joe’s Carolina Gold. In fact, the mustard edge of the sauce allows it to pair with far more foods than another barbecue sauce normally could – try using it on your sandwich or veggies. 6 g Appetizers & Sides We use cookies on our website to improve the customer experience. All along I am tasting mustard, yet I still feel like this is barbeque. That is the first thing that hits you. Grabbed the bottle and went to reading – the bottle says “Every pat of the U.S. has its own special way of preparing barbecue. Prep Time: In saucepan, whisk together all dry ingredients. To make the dressing, combine BBQ sauce and mayonnaise in a small bowl, mixing a few tablespoons at a time until you reach the desired flavor. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Use it as a glaze near the end of barbeucing, as a sauce for burgers and sandwiches , or as a dipping sauce for chicken or veggies.” Mustard base you say. > Trader Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce 1 bottle ... Dry Rub Perfect for Chicken, Beef, Pork, Fish and More, Gluten Free, Preservative Free and MSG Free, 22 Ounce 4.6 out of 5 stars 1,494. > The verdict: My husband and I are big fans of White Castle. 1 Boston butt or pork shoulder roast, 4-6 lbs, depending on the size of your slow cooker I was really intrigued by this sauce, and noticed it on several visits without buying it. 1:09 . Who has the best? What style do you prefer. Videos for related products. Prep Time: We’re fans of all kinds of barbecue and Trader Joe’s Carolina Gold Barbecue Sauce is a blend that reminds us of some of the best grilled meats we’ve enjoyed in the Carolinas. 20 Minutes Print Recipe, Serves: 6 - 8 Hi! My first thought as I open the bottle, even though it doesn’t look like barbeque sauce I am use to, it sure does smell like it. 20 Minutes, 2 bags TJ’s Organic Shredded Green & Red Cabbage with Orange Carrots, 4-5 Tbsp TJ’s Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce (seasonal), 2 Tbsp TJ’s Real Mayonnaise (or TJ’s Greek Yogurt), 1/4 teaspoon TJ's Ground Black Pepper, or to taste. Home » Grocery Shopping » Trader Joe's » Trader Joe’s Carolina Gold Barbeque Sauce Review, July 1, 2015 by Eric Samuelson Leave a Comment. Slowly add vinegar, whisking till blended. No Cook, * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Cool, then pour into glass bottle or other non-reactive container. Recipe is for a mild version - with an optional Hot version. To kick off this season right, we here at Eat Like No One Else are committing to studying barbeque sauces – lot of great content to come. 2 %, teaspoons louisianna hot sauce (optional). I’m Eric : Father of 4, living just south of Ann Arbor, MI. Let cool and serve! Finally when I decided to write some features on barbeque sauce I knew the first sauce I needed to try. Learn how your comment data is processed. Cool, then pour into glass bottle or other non-reactive container. Unlike some Carolina sauces, Trader Joe’s Carolina Gold is thick, not watery. I love mustard. What I have left with is some spice on the tongue. Carolina Gold Slaw. Recipes Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and toss with the dressing. Chill 30 minutes prior to serving.