Checklist, Set Details, Print Runs Price Guide. Nice moment from Topps to think on their consumers and launch a 7K product…. The first batch of prints is available on Topps’ official website and new releases will be offered on a weekly basis. It seems like a an easy choice to me. These hand-numbered cards total 10 copies per new Derek Jeter release. There’s a guy falling asleep, there’s someone reading, there’s someone about to rob someone, there are all these ads, and there’s the song blaring through your headphones. Topps PROJECT 2020 Card #25 - 1989 Ken Griffey Jr. - Tyson Beck - Card In hand! Ben once again proves he’s a baller by coming up with one of the most sought after designs from the Topps Project 2020 set. 2020 Bowman Sapphire Baseball. The early adopters on Topps Project 2020 cashed in on the low print run cards. A limited-edition collection that reflects the comedian and writer’s roots. The cards are printed on robust 130-point glossy trading card stock and come encased in a one-touch magnetic case. Or they’ve only bothered to look at a handful of cards and have judged 20 artists’ works on one or two of the people involved. Topps Project 2020 Roberto Clemente by Ben Baller #291 In Hand PR Only 4,975! That Trout one was insane. But baseball was something different. We’re definitely excited to see what’s in store! 8, MIKE TROUT TOPPS PROJECT 2020 #260 KEITH SHORE IN HAND W/BOX RC HARPER , Topps Project 2020 President Donald Trump Now Election Mask Custom Art 1/1, Topps Project 2020 Baseball #189 TED WILLIAMS - By Blake Jamieson PR /4684 NK, Topps Project 2020 Baseball 43 GEORGE BRETT By Mister Cartoon PR /2360 W/ Box NK, Topps PROJECT 2020 Card #110 - 1955 Roberto Clemente by Sophia Chang w/ Box, Topps PROJECT 2020 Card 103 1955 Roberto Clemente Matt Taylor Custom 1/1 Neon, Topps PROJECT 2020 Card 39 - 1993 Derek Jeter by Matt Taylor - Print Run: 9322, Topps PROJECT 2020 - Dwight Gooden by Gregory Siff #290 - IN HAND-READY TO SHIP. Cards listed by highest final print runs. Two new cards are sold every business day for 48 hours. From a marketing perspective topps came up with a brilliant idea. I saw a lot of hate posted about it. I’m in the minority but I dig it. “They all have a really different style and aesthetic, from paintings to something more cartoony or illustrative like my style.”. Why? Topps Project 2020 Ben Baller Options (Price & Value Guide), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Rob Gronkowski Rookie Card Guide: 5 Best Options. Topps Project 2020 features cutting edge designs made by the likes of streetwear designers, one of the planet’s premier jewelry designers, and even tattoo artists. By the 88th card release, Keith Shore’s cartoon rendering of Ken Griffey Jr., Topps Project 2020 had become a gold rush. Through Chang’s personal website, people who purchased her Topps cards can purchase her signature by shipping the card directly to Chang, who signs the card and ships it back. The art quality is of student level at best. Looks like 19 now. Your email address will not be published. I didn’t realize this would be a 400 (380*) card set. Topps PROJECT 2020 Card 302 - 2011 Mike Trout by Oldmanalan w/Box New! The individual cards sell for $19.99 each or $34.99 for the daily two-card bundle. To the artist, it was a green flag. All Rights Reserved, 100 Mike Trout - Blake Jamieson with Ben Baller, 2020 Topps Project 2020 ERMSY Mike Trout #4, Don Mattingly Signed Topps “Project 2020” Fucci Card w/ “Project 2020”, Don Mattingly Signed Topps “Project 2020” Fucci Card w/ “1984 AL Batting Champ”, Don Mattingly Signed Topps “Project 2020” Fucci Card w/ “23” Inscription. Correct. That visual art was always so prominent in my environment.”. Topps PROJECT 2020 Frank Thomas by King Saladeen ARTIST PROOF #20/20 IN HAND, Topps Project 2020 #96 Frank Thomas by Fucci Artist Proof Artist Proof #/20, 2020 TOPPS PROJECT 2020 #43 GEORGE BRETT by MISTER CARTOON BGS 8.5 MINT PR: 2360, Topps Project 2020 * MARK McGWIRE #134 By FUCCI * With Box *, TOPPS PROJECT 2020 Card 136 - Cal Ripken Jr. by Matt Taylor * With Box, Topps PROJECT 2020 #61 1952 Willie Mays King Saladeen with Box, Topps Project 2020 #114 ~ 1952 Jackie Robinson by Efdot ~ PR /14,067, Lot(4) 2020 Topps Project 2020 Saladeen Thiele Grotesk Vides Nolan Ryan. Stretching across the year, Project 2020 puts an artistic spin on 20 classic Topps baseball cards. For artists, it has opened up new revenue streams and expanded their fanbases, an unexpected home run during an uncertain time for an artist and small business owner like Chang. And apparently, other collectors feel the same as it’s been commanding plenty of attention at auction. It’s a 380 card set. Topps is collaborating with a cast of 20 artists from around the globe, ranging from famed streetwear designers, tattoo and graffiti artists, and one of the premiere jewelry designers on the planet. The collection features original designs atop iconic baseball cards of legendary players by a cast of 20 artists from across the globe including famed streetwear designers, tattoo and graffiti artists and other key figures. “What I loved about the entire curation of all the artists is that they’re all so different,” Chang says. most of what i’ve seen so far looks like **** you cant even tell who the cards are supposed to be and whats with clemente and half a head hope the rickey hendersons look good and most of the artists are from new york and like basketball better whats up with that. So, 20 artists each creating 20 cards = 400 total cards. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ad23c37bc99c2201afd21a649091c4f4" );document.getElementById("ie8435c987").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Personally I think that design is cool as fuck. Buy cards on eBay. Patrick Mahomes Rookie Card Market: Room to Grow? they hold value both due to the player and the artist. I don’t think this market can hold up long term. The low early print runs caught the attention of collectors who were reselling cards on eBay for significant profits. The classic 2011 Mike Trout rookie edition is reimagined by a few different artists, each putting their own different spin on the card. They've always been sold out immediately anytime I've checked. In addition, there are 14"x18" framed "Fine Art Print" versions, numbered to 99 (silver frame - $399.99) or 20 copies (black frame - $999.99), that are each signed by the artist. Porsche. Here are some of his best. It’s not other people’s job to know that you exist, it’s your job to make sure they know you exist.”. Privacy Policy. “People who weren’t familiar with my work are now discovering me, along with other artists,” Chang says. TOPPS PROJECT 2020 #71-110 Trout+Griffey+Jeter+Ripken COMPLETE SET/LOT OF 40! Mike Trout cards are a different story. $9.99 for Topps now or 19.99 for this. Therefore, we’re only comfortable with short term play here. Each card is available for 48 hours only.”. Terms & Conditions However, the Ben Baller rendition really stands out. I’m looking forward to this, people need to expand their minds. (D), TOPPS PROJECT 2020 #54 BOB GIBSON BY KEITH SHORE W/ BOX CARDINALS PR: 1451 SSP, Topps PROJECT 2020 Card #47 1984 Don Mattingly by King Saladeen BGS 9, Topps Project 2020 * KEN GRIFFEY JR #25 by Tyson Beck SP / 3707 * With Box, Topps Project 2020 Companion Card #1 By Mister Cartoon Roberto Clemente /1,555, Topps PROJECT 2020 Don Mattingly by Mister Cartoon ARTIST PROOF #19/20 IN HAND, Topps Project 2020 Card 88 Ken Griffey Jr. By Keith Shore Artist Proof #16/20, Topps Project 2020 Cal Ripken Jr. by Don  C ARTIST PROOF #15/20 **IN HAND*, TOPPS PROJECT 2020 ERMSY GEORGE BRETT COMPANION. Read Our Trading Card Magazine Featuring Garbage Pail Kids! 2 cards every business day for a year. Your email address will not be published. Topps PROJECT 2020 TYSON BECK Companion Rookie Signed Auto Artist Autograph fire, TOPPS PROJECT 2020 #16 TONY GWYNN OLDMANALAN 1983 LIMITED /1,302 RARE, Topps Project 2020 Willie Mays by Ermsy #288 In Hand PR Only 3,018! Starting with Ben Baller's take on Derek Jeter (#132), Derek Jeter autographs will be randomly inserted for each of his subsequent cards. All Rights Reserved. And maybe, subconsciously, that’s what comes through.”, Boiling down her illustration style, Chang says, “How can I be inviting with a lot going on, but also pay homage?” Now bi-coastal, Chang is currently working and living in Los Angeles. Don't look at them as baseball cards, look at them as art. As a professional artist I wish I had seen this opportunity or maybe not. Presented by By the 88th card release, Keith Shore’s cartoon rendering of Ken Griffey Jr., Topps Project 2020 had become a gold rush. Others may be drawn to Project 2020 solely to collect one-of-a-kind art through an unprecedented baseball card series. As someone who normally likes to get a complete set of something, that’s obviously not happening with this product (because of the lengthy checklist and the price). too much too soon. Cole Haan, US Release of the Air Jordan 1 CO.JP "Midnight Navy" Spearheads This Week's Best Footwear Drops, Colmar Experiments With Material Innovation For Latest Lifestyle Collection, Presented by Topps Project 2020 Doc Gooden #203 By Keith Shore Artist Proof #10/20, Topps Project 2020 Companion Card #1 By Andrew Thiele Heritage Gerard Ave /2,222, Topps Project 2020 Companion Card #2 by Tyson Beck w/ Token /1500 Jayson Tatum, Topps Project 2020 Mike Trout by Blake Jamieson. Chang was not alone. This story appears in the Den of Geek x eBay special edition trading card magazine. Artist-Designed Guitars Are Being Auctioned to Support Marginalized Groups in U.K. Booklyn Releases Limited Edition Art Prints to Support NGOs in Lebanon, Artist Christopher Martin Releases Limited Prints to Benefit Black Lives Matter Causes, DROOL Releases David Heo's New Evocative Collage-Style Print, Tonari No Zingaro to Release Limited Edition Prints by TENGA one, Hasan Minhaj Weaves His Story Into a Footwear Collaboration With Cole Haan, Presented by