I stopped after 3 days, and gave them to another coworker. The reaction to caffeine in infants is similar to that in adults, but because infants weigh so little it takes less caffeine to produce the effects. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Let myself succumb to the panic and do nothing all day. Going for a jog really helped my dog when he ate that bit of espresso and having a job where I work my scrawny ass off really takes care of the caffeine in my system. I swear I was so wired I could see time. I might follow this advice and go to the park or something :) Thanks a lot! Working like this must be horrible! I couldn't even get anything done because I was all over the place. Today I had just 2 :(. Sorry, not laughing at you, but this is a regular occurrence for me too. Just gotta wait for it to go away, happens to me every time I drink coffee so I completely avoid it usually. Poor doggo! It is thought that it can make reflux (heartburn) worse, while it … Have a fun conversation about anything that is on your mind. Lesson learned :(, Yeah, me too. This does not necessarily happen after every cup of coffee, but it can happen if you drink too much. Good luck, hope you get lots of stuff done with the jitters haha! He's a big, tall, stocky, and overweight guy. I've cut back my caffeine intake for some weeks now, but today I had too much coffee at breakfast (almost 5 hours ago) and boy do I feel the effect, I thought it would be over by now, but oh no, my friends, the trembling hands and goosebumps and overall anxiety won't go away. Anway, the only way for me to get around it is to drink loads of water, but natural fruit juice seems to help, but the other thing that really helps is to have a big meal and take some paracetamol, cos you're probably gonna have a cracking headache after. I've been drinking lots of water but I don't really feel better. Did give me a wonderful idea about maybe switching shifts though. The friendlier part of Reddit. Hahaha! Do you have any advice? While you may not be giving your child coffee, be aware of the other sources such as so… I can't even D: This has happened to me before too. Do you like tea? Definitely learned a lesson today. I'm feeling a bit better, though I have a headache now. I'm very slim and about half a foot shorter than him. Press J to jump to the feed. I super love coffee, so it's hard to let go. Take some deep breaths, try to tell yourself that everything is ok. I love coffee, but I'm really sensitive to it. Caffeine might result in other digestive problems. I drink energy drinks occasionally, but that's really my intake of caffeine. Earlier this week, I started taking caffeine pills. I only get iced and mainly get Dunkin french vanilla swirl with no sugar and extra cream. Alternatively, sometimes speed-cleaning does the trick. (I always get one). Do you feel better now? I wish wish wish I liked coffee. Hahaha yup I'm right there with the headache now. Overall, my advice would be to try and layoff on the caffeine. Ask a question or start a conversation about (almost) anything you desire. Sorry if that isn't super helpful, but I'm right there with you. I wish I could go back in time and have tea instead :(. This causes our food to pass through faster than usual, and this causes our stools to be loose and runny. This happens to me if I have even more than one cup in the morning. It sucks, though, I really like it :(. Has anyone experienced? That's one reason I don't drink a lot of coffee, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the CasualConversation community, Continue browsing in r/CasualConversation. My best strategies are: Exercise. I don't get physically jittery but my brain goes hyperactive. Thank you so much! Coffee contains compounds that help to accelerate activity in the digestive system. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children under the age of 12 years should not eat or drink any caffeine-containing foods or drinks. Also, take a lap. In the meantime, try to work it out of your system. Try to slow your mind down a little, be mindful. Additional caffeine overdose symptoms for infants include low blood pressure and alternation between tense and relaxed muscles. Drinking is one thing but peeing is important. A couple of days ago my colleague made me coffee once and put two-and-a-half spoons into it. I followed the instructions a little too religiously, and had a major dose on my last day taking them. My anxiety shot way up, and I actually became depressed. It'll go away soon! I usually just go for a run. Yeah, I've been peeing a lot as well. You're right, mindfulness must help :). Drinking a lot of water always helps me. Too much caffeine and the jitters won't stop I've cut back my caffeine intake for some weeks now, but today I had too much coffee at breakfast (almost 5 hours ago) and boy do I feel the effect, I thought it would be over by now, but oh no, my friends, the trembling hands … I don't like straight coffee either. I've tried every variety and I can't stand the taste. What do you do for work? Are you peeing? Now that my body just doesn't agree with coffee, some days I have green tea :), A few months ago, I would happily drink between 3 and 4 cups per day, and I could even had 1 more cup in the evening, I would sleep just fine. Yeah, I think this is the sign to avoid it completely for a while. I've only ever worked third shift, and decided that maybe after my vacation, I'll talk to management about switching over to first shift. Haha thanks, right now I'm going with number 3, going back and forth between the bedroom, the living room and the bathroom. More serious signs of caffeine overdose can accompany these symptoms, including vomiting, rapid breathing… I can't seem to concentrate and I have an awful headache. Some mild symptoms include nausea and muscles that continually tense and then relax. That way I can actually sleep at night. How much cups of coffee is too much coffee for you? Maybe you'll make some friends in the process.