From my orange carrot smoothie bowl to these carrot cake cookies, I can’t stop finding ways to use this sweet veggie in creative ways. I made 14 cookies, I ate two as is and will assemble the remaining ones with the filling. And they make your house smell like holidays. You're awesome for doing it! It's like having carrot cake in a more portable format - a good balance between chewy and cakey. followed it to a t-.... baked the cookies for said amount of time. I used exactly 1 Tblsp. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes or longer. They did spread a lot, I buttered my pans after each batch & I had no problems getting them off the cookie sheet unless I waited more than a min. t tsp freshly grated ginger Skipped the raisins and nuts, used confectioners because I didn't have honey. They didn't rise at all and I got a huge SHEET of flat dough like texture. Welcome! If needed, use more lemon juice as needed to thin. Still, a very yummy cookie! However, these cookies seem to be soo much healthier and punch a pack of nutrients. Beat together butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. If you’re a fan of oatmeal cookies and carrot cake, these carrot cake cookies are a perfect combo for you! I also blanched the shredded carrots for one minute to soften them up and soaked the raisins in boiling water. lovely!! I wanted to see how much these really spread so I baked in 2 batches. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED //, Rhubarb Jam Butter Cake For High Tea And A Downton Abbey Addiction, Basic Meal Prep For Week Long Veggie Meals. I loved these Used some organic wonky-looking carrots, organic raisins, toasted organic walnuts, organic cream cheese and organic raw honey. Add half of the lemon juice and mix until creamy. This would definitely be a new one for me. Recipe adjusted: Flour 1 3/4 cup, Cinnamon 1 1/2 tsp. Filling: Cream cheese, 8 0z, as recipe calls for; 1/4 c. honey, 1/4 cup powdered sugar; zest of one orange; and 2 Tblsp. I used a small cookie dough scooper and made 44 cookies single cookies/22 sandwiches. Get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! I'll definitely make these again. Butter, no change in amount; sugars, 1/2 c. each granulated and brown sugars; Egg, remained the same (1), vanilla 1 Tblsp., carrots, 1 cup, no change; deleted nuts, raisins, 1 cup white raisins. These were truly delicious, but a bit of a mess. I was expecting the cookies to flatten a bit more than they did. But, to make up for it, I use 100% whole wheat flour in the cookies. I would add more flour and more baking soda where the dern things would have consistency. I accidentally made the cookies too big, so instead of sandwiching them, I iced each one individually and refrigerated them immediately to keep the icing from sliding off. The first known carrot cake recipe came from Switzerland in 1892, where it remains one of the most popular cakes, especially for children’s birthday parties. I also swapped the baking soda for baking powder. I love carrot cake, but have never tried a cookie version of carrot anything. In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter or oil, egg, vanilla and maple syrup. I was thinking cookies and I was thinking gourmet. The addition of oats, wheatgerm and coconute flakes makes this a powerhouse of nutrition and goodness. These cookies were divine! For the frosting, I added a splash of vanilla and substituted a bit of the honey for a pinch of confectioner's sugar and it turned out better than I expected. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Drop 1 1/2 tablespoons batter per cookie 2 inches apart on baking sheets and bake, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are lightly browned and springy to the touch, 12 to 16 minutes total. I tried both my Silpat and parchment paper with no butter and both methods were excellent and I had no problem removing the cookies. Mix well. Truly exceptional! Powered by the Parse.ly Publisher Platform (P3). as I used salted butter. Love self. After an hour of refrigerating the batter, I used 1 tablespoon mounds of batter and baked single sheet on the middle rack for 14 minutes. Not too sweet, good texture, and absolutely delicious. These will be on all of my party platters from now on. Read More…. I did not have raisins or walnuts but I used dried cranberries and toasted pine nuts with excellent results. it a try next time. SUPERB! 2/3 cup crushed toasted hazelnuts Little carrot cookies seem like so much fun, and so unusual too! Everyone's oven is different -my cookies took 10 minutes at 350. This year though, I wanted something different. My instinct told me not to do this but to whip the butter and sugar first the way you would in any cookie or cake recipe. Sandwich flat sides of cookies together with a generous tablespoon of cream cheese filling in between. Scoop cookie dough into tablespoon size balls onto a cookie sheet. They did spread a bit on the pan. I made a second batch, and a friend RIPPED through the paper to get at these. Fabulous! Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20). THey are that good. I think I'll still do it the proper way next time and whip the butter first. freshly grated nutmeg, salt 1/4 tsp. I did as a lot of other people said and added a bit extra flour and it was perfect. I’m actually trying to refrain myself from making cookies these days fearing that it might bust my diet. didn't have trouble All they’re missing is creamcheese frosting : ), I am definitely making these!! Butter 2 baking sheets. I used a small cookie dough scooper and made 44 cookies single cookies/22 sandwiches. I add oatmeal for texture and natural ingredients to make these a “health-ier” cookie. The cookies were nice and soft but with such great texture, I would be afraid to leave anything out! They are a poor excuse for carrot cake. When I was little, I wasn’t a huge fan of carrot cake because of the nuts and raisins. From my orange carrot smoothie bowl to these carrot cake cookies, I can’t stop finding ways to use this sweet veggie in creative ways. I'm Gabriela and I cook simple, healthy recipes. Too Good Gourmet is a local business committed to providing quality products, irresistible packaging, exceptional pricing and superior customer service. You can read it here! Yum :-). © 2005-2020 COOK REPUBLIC. Now I’ve discovered a love for smooth carrot cake (sans nuts and raisins) with a good cream cheese frosting. In a small bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, salt. They look wonderful! Thanks fro sharing and for the great photos . I substituted pumpkin pie spice for half of the cinnamon (delicious, and I added extra) and used a regular cream cheese frosting with maple flavor added in - I think without the sweetness of regular cream cheese frosting these would have been even blander. These are to die for! Post was not sent - check your email addresses! These would make a great change up to traditional chocolate chip cookies for summer parties or potlucks. I did as many suggested & I added a little more flour, 1/4 cup if I remember correctly & I did a little extra baking soda. WOW... amazing cookies. I was concerned at how flat the mixture was, but the cookies turned out fine. Subscribe to get notified about new recipes and blog posts! These cookies are excellent, not sure why there are so many mixed reviews. Place cookie dough at least 1-2 inches apart. Completely underwhelmed by this. Using a hand mixer or Kitchen Aid, start mixing the cream cheese to soften. I will be keeping this recipe as a staple for future potlucks! NOPE. The cookies were slightly mounded, did not spread out as some expressed frustration with. Will definitely make again and again.... Yyyum! In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, oatmeal, wheatgerm, coconut, hazelnuts and ginger.