To store, place cooled muffins into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Thanks so much! Store at room temperature for up to two days, or freeze. I do not use cup measurements and unfortunately sometimes my results are not very good…. I actually made a bit of cream cheese icing to spread on a few. . That’s what I plan to do but I was wondering if it works out well. I also ended up finely dicing baby carrots instead of grating and it turned out well. Blend in sugar. They’re a fun way to change up the usual muffins you make for the kids and have a nicely balanced mix of nutrients too—with protein, fiber, calcium, and Vitamin C. We love to have these for simple lunches and breakfasts, with sides like fruit and hard-cooked eggs, or to pair them with soup. I love creating quick and easy, family-friendly, real food recipes to share with y'all and make your lives easier. My son is 2 and has been eating these for a year. This post may contain affiliate links. Hope you enjoy them if you end up trying them! You will probably have more batter than will fit in two muffin pans. I replaced 1 of the bananas with a 4oz. Julie. Pin It Monday Hop. For fun, I tried a second batch using 1/2 c. applesauce instead of butter, 1/2c. You can also freeze them. I know that you can buy non-dairy yogurt made out of rice milk, soy milk, coconut milk, etc. Would I be able to use a food processor for the veggies in this muffin or most of your recipes? TIP: These are a great make-ahead meal. This recipe made 24 mini and 7 regular sized muffins for me. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead! Come back next Saturday to join the fun again! Might try it with organic sweet potato baby food instead of the squash next time. Required fields are marked *. So this is very much appreciated. Your email address will not be published. no wander they are toddler approved - they look so cute! But for some reason, even in their most ardent anti-vegetable phases, my kids have always been receptive to veggies in the form of tiny toddler muffins that taste like cake. I used baby carrots, and just guessed the amount...I think I used a lot because I ended up with 48 mini muffins. Easy Toddler Recipes. My 1-year old loves these! Just pinned to our boards to share with our followers. Yummy, wholesome meals don't have to be difficult or require a lot of time...let me teach you my tips and tricks! OMG these things are so dang tasty! Thanks so much for the question...have a great day! Thanks so much for the invitation, Julie...I'll check it out! turbinado sugar instead of brown sugar, still used canned pumpkin, 2 T. flaxseed meal, and did half the batch with craisins and half without. My husband who was very skeptical ate 3 in 1 sitting. I couldn't find oat bran in the store so I used oatmeal and it worked just fine. Even I like them and I hate squash and carrots! I am loving all the recipes, but my 3yr old is very has a thing with texture where if she can see chunks, she won’t even try. I'll be back for sure. To store, place cooled muffins into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. I'm here to help you relax about what your kids eat (and don't!) Have a lovely day! I did make a few changes. Mix in the mashed bananas, squash, carrots, and eggs. Out of the whole recipe two muffins remain. HI Amy, This looks so yummy!!! Chocolate Zucchini … My recipe made 17 muffins, no complains about extras! These muffins are so easy to make once you have the veggies prepped. I had a 10 ounce zucchini on hand, so I used 6 ounces of carrots in addition to that in order to make up my pound of veggies. This looks awesome!!! And you can definitely bake them in regular muffin pans...you'll just need to add more cooking time. And if, as an added bonus, you'd like to get some of those aforementioned excess veggies into your toddler/preschooler/big kid/teenager with as little drama as possible, then look no further than these Mini Veggie Muffins! Use a box grater to grate the carrot. The only thing I would say is to add some seasonings (maybe a herb mix with oregano and sage) to the veggies to flavor them and complement the cheese. Using a box grater or food processor, grate the zucchini and carrots. Your email address will not be published. We absolutely loved these muffins. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I know some people don't like when people review a recipe if they didn't follow it exactly. FEEDING TODDLERS 101 COOKBOOK. , Delicious and yummy looking! My 10 month old seems to be sensitive to dairy and eggs! Definitely a new favorite! I'm so glad these were a hit, Sarah! Sneaky way to get in some veggies! This recipe is so good, the addition of cornmeal is a game-changer. So what are you waiting for? I think my husband and I like them even more than our picky toddler! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Omit the salt if making for a baby since they won’t need the extra flavor. Sounds great! 89 calories; protein 1.6g 3% DV; carbohydrates 11.8g 4% DV; fat 4.5g 7% DV; cholesterol 23.8mg 8% DV; sodium 140.6mg 6% DV. I wanted a savoury muffin for my kids lunch boxes, didn't add the sugar but only sweetens yoghurt and the lunch boxes were empty for the first time ever! Ehhh...I tried this recipe only substituting canned pumpkin for the squash. Love these! Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out cleanly. Adults love them too. Hi Lisa! I was searching for a healthy toddler muffin with veggies and these are perfect. If you try a substitute, please come back and let me know how it works out for you. I wanted one that was healthy enough for my tough standards as a diabetic for a quick breakfast or snack and this was PERFECT! . But they were great! Mix veggies into batter. I replaced 1 of the bananas with a 4oz. ★☆. These are delicious. Does it make any difference to make them regular size muffins instead of mini muffins? Using a box grater or food processor, grate the zucchini and carrots. Yummy and thanks! You can use all-purpose white flour if you prefer. I like to grate the carrot on a box grater and cut the top of each broccoli floret off and finely dice with a knife. Now the vegetables in these zucchini carrot muffins are not entirely subtle. Or you can scoop the remaining batter into small ramekins to make a couple of larger muffins (which will probably take 15 minutes or so to bake). This recipe was easy and a great way to incorporate veggies into our lunch/dinner routine! Thank you! Yummy Toddler Food - www.yummytoddlerfood.com, Copyright © 2020 Yummy Toddler Food | Site Design by, This post contains affiliate links. Is there any chance you could add grams as well? Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and stir together gently to combine. These are sweet, moist, and have no spinach flavor. Very good! And these Mini Veggie Muffins are a perfect means to that end! Remove from oven, let cool in the pan for a minute or two, then transfer to a wire rack to cool at least slightly. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. The butter and banana were really the only things I could taste, and even then still kind of bland. If you wish to use unrefined sugar, Sucanat and Rapadura are popular brands. Preheat oven to 350°F. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tin, filling each about 3/4 full. I really like the morning glory muffins from this website. My super picky eater can't get enough of these!! Just be sure that your grated carrot does not exceed 1 total cup of carrot because they will be too moist and won't cook well if you do. I always looking for healthy recipe. Images and text copyright Amy Palanjian 2019 (except where noted). The mini muffins didn't really have any flavor. turbinado sugar instead of brown sugar, still used canned pumpkin, 2 T. flaxseed meal, and did half the batch with craisins and half without. Feeding Toddlers 101 Cookbook, Get a FREE copy of my Thought the ones without craisins were just as bland and the ones with craisins were overpowered by the craisins. The butter and banana were really the only things I could taste, and even then still kind of bland. These look great---I'm going to have to try these with my boys! Thanks for the invite, Parrish! Hi Jewels! You could also just leave the yogurt out, adding instead a bit more coconut oil or a splash of one of those milk alternatives (just until the batter reaches the right consistency). © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition In a medium size bowl, mix together flours, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and … Lightly coat two mini muffin pans with cooking spray. Just made these today. I replaced the baby food squash with half a cup of pumpkin puree only because that's what I had half the flour with whole wheat used a little less sugar and added a few packs of Truvia sweetner and a half cup chocolate chips - have to get in those antioccidants right?! Have you frozen them and then reheated in the microwave? Hosted by: These pair nicely with soup and salad, or are a nice lunch or breakfast main dish with simple sides such as fruit, eggs, or additional veggies. And we are not toddlers. Your substitutes sound like a great way to make them even healthier...thanks for sharing! Stir 2 tablespoons sugar into shredded veggies, and place mixture in a large colander set over a bowl. https://divascancook.com/toddler-approved-sweet-veggie-muffins Use just the top parts of each broccoli floret so you avoid using any of the harder stems. I did make a couple changes to make it even healthier still! TIP: You’ll want to use just the top parts of each broccoli floret so you avoid using any of the harder stems. Here’s a look at what to expect. Use gluten-free cup for cup flour blend in place of the whole wheat flour to make these gluten-free.