This post may contain affiliate links, see disclosure policy for details. Remove the pork and place in a baking dish. Click here for my full Affiliate Disclaimer, New To Smoking Meat and Looking for Some Easy Dinner Ideas? Once sauce begins to boil, add in arrowroot mixture. Ketchup or tomato sauce. Required fields are marked *. This recreation of a traditional luau centerpiece is sweet & tropical. I also love to freeze this pulled pork to use at a later time. Quick reminder, when you’re cooking pulled pork it’s super important that you get that pork shoulder all the way up to 200 degrees before pulling it from the smoker. They say that this type of salt really helps seal in the moisture when cooking meats. Serve on slider buns, romaine lettuce leaves or make pulled pork tacos with taco shells. Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, Show: Sandra's Money Saving Meals, Episode: Hawaiian Vacation, Total Carbohydrate Store-bought shredded cheese has a chemical on it that keeps it from clumping up in the packaging… It also keeps the cheese from making that creamy smooth sauce you are looking for. From a taste and texture perspective, the Instant Pot  pulled pork and crockpot pulled pork were pretty similar. It will stay in your freezer for about 5-6 months. Smothered in a tangy but sweet Hawaiian barbecue style sauce, this pulled pork is great no matter how you serve it. When ready to cook, set the Traeger to 300 degrees F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes. If there’s one meal that’s guaranteed to be a hit around here, it’s pulled pork of any variety. In a bowl whisk together the chicken broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, chili sauce and pineapple juice. The Instant Pot directions are also included below! Save. Remove the roast from the slow cooker to a cutting board. Your email address will not be published. Set the Instant Pot on sauté and cook, stirring until the sauce has reduced and thickened. Hawaiian Luau Pulled Pork. While liquid is boiling shred the meat and return to the slow cooker. Seriously, there are only 3 ingredients. Boil the liquid until reduced by half, this will take approximately 20 minutes. I started this site a few years ago as a way to justify my sugary, buttery obsession with desserts. After 3 hours spritz the pork shoulder with a combination of 1 cup pineapple juice and a half tablespoon of bbq rub. Does this sound like a recipe that the dad in your life would enjoy? Log In to your account to view and add notes to this recipe.Don't have an account? I was surprised by how mild the taste of this pulled pork was, compared to more traditional cooking methods I've done in the past. Cooked pork shoulder can remain in the freezer for 6 to 8 months. Follow all instructions and place pork and sauce into an oven-safe cooking dish. Foodie Pro & The Genesis Framework. 16 %, (1 1/4 ounce) packet teriyaki marinade (McCormick Grill Mates). Tell me about it in the comments! The pig is cooked until it is fall-apart tender and just melts in your mouth. Simple Smoked Banana Bread Recipe – You’ve Gotta Try This! Stir. Cornstarch is used to thicken the sauce if you would like. Combine the white sauce with some broccoli slaw and let it sit for a few hours in the fridge. Lay the pork shoulder in the center of it, and draw up the ends as if you were wrapping a gift. A Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwich with homemade Pineapple BBQ Sauce. Our little piggy is slow smoke-roasted & wrapped in banana leaves for a dish that’s truly a bite of Hawaiian heaven. Place the pork butt in your slow cooker. Put the chopped onions and carrots in a 5-quart slow cooker. If you choose a smaller pork roast or choose to cook on high heat it will take less time. This Hawaiian pulled pork recipe is something I'll definitely make again in the future. They also stand up so it’s easier to fill them! If you make a purchase through them I may make a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Put the pork shoulder on your smoker @ 225 degrees. Add the pork. I’m telling you, this is the best, most flavorful, and easiest crock pot pulled pork recipe you will find! Looking for a summer dish that’s easy and light? Transfer the liquid into a medium sauce pot. Advertisements fund this website. It’s super easy to make in your slow cooker and you only need 3 ingredients! Tear the pork into chunks and shreds, discarding any lumps of fat or bone. I love the versatility of this recipe! We would much rather be out doing something active and celebrating him! Pulled pork can be stored in the refrigerator for three to four days. I have a white Thermapen MK4, and I love it. In a small saucepan melt a tablespoon of butter over medium heat. My Parker House rolls are amazing on the side too! Add the remaining pineapple juice mixture, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. I like my sauce to be a little runny, so I lean to three handfuls. It has a mild, ,mellow salt flavor that can also be used in basically all of your other dishes you would use salt. My wife uses it during the week when she is cooking dinners for us too! Set aside. Once the pork has completed cooking and is cool enough to transfer, you can begin to prepare it to be frozen. Start adding cheese to milk mixture, one handful at a time, until the cheese sauce is the consistency you'd prefer. sauté for 4 minutes or until golden brown on the outside. You may have seen this by some other names, like Kalua pig or luau pork. Using 2 forks carefully pull the meat into shreds. And this Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork is now a family favorite! Turn the slow cooker onto low and cook for 18 hours, turning meat over once during cooking. Smoked Hawaiian pulled pork is a subtly sweet version of the classic bbq recipe everyone loves. You can even eat it plain with a serving of sticky rice and some fried plantains. Want a twist on them—- (not at all authentic, but very delicious none the less– drizzle the pork with Hawaiian Huli Huli Sauce! Roast at 300F for 6 hours or until pork has cooked thoroughly, is shreddable and is 145F in the center. And is especially a nice touch for a finishing salt. I really enjoy smoking pulled pork because of how versatile it is. Alternatively you can reduce the sauce by simmering until it reduces and thickens naturally. This tropical pulled pork hawaiian recipe will easily become a weeknight dinner your family will love! Add garlic and ginger and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and set pork into slow cooker. Yes! then with two forks, start pulling the meat into shreds. Hawaiian Pulled Pork, also known as Kalua Pork is so succulent and tender without any effort at all on your part you’re going to wonder why you haven’t been making this at home your whole life.