and to take him at his word; Our Songs and Hymns 324), Gloria Deo: a Collection of Hymns and Tunes for Public Worship in all Departments of the Church #400. Timeless hymn, it shall be sang until our Lord is back! 4 I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee, Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend; And I know that Thou art with me, Wilt be with me to the end. Very inspiring hymn. Indeed it is so sweet to trust in Jesus, I have proven Him over and over again. [Refrain], 3 Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus, Thank you Lord. O for grace to trust him more! View Download PDF: Download pdf - 'Tis so Sweet to trust in Jesus (1 page - 49.57 Ko) 2183x⬇ CLOSE Now that you have this PDF score, member's artist are waiting for a … I cannot sing this hymn without crying that God would love me so much that He gave His son up for a wretch like me. and in simple faith to plunge me Listen Download MP3 (1.31 Mo) 194x⬇ 1802x View Download PDF: Download pdf - 'Tis so Sweet to trust in Jesus (1 page - 48.47 Ko) 1060x⬇ CLOSE Now that you have this PDF score, member's artist are waiting for a feedback from you in exchange of this free access. God does take us through different situations, including the schools of difficulties and at times disappointments etc., just so we learn to trust Him; causing wells around us to dry up just so we might look up! Try, Santo, Santo, Santo: cantos para el pueblo de Dios = Holy, Holy, Holy: song for the people of God (2019), p.964, It looks like you are using an ad-blocker. just to rest upon his promise, The text of this hymn has remained quite consistent, with four stanzas and a refrain. Are you willing to let Him teach you the great virtue of trusting Him? Another minor change is a slight modernization of the language in the fourth verse – changing “thee” and “thou” to “you” or “Him.” The drawback of changing to “Him” is that, instead of praying the final stanza to Jesus, the object of our trust sung about in the first three stanzas, it is still addressed to fellow Christians. Authoritative information about the hymn text 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus, with lyrics, PDF files, printable scores, MIDI files, audio recordings, piano resources, and products for worship planners. This song came to mind as I was going through tremendous pain from surgery. life and rest, and joy and peace. neath the healing, cleansing flood! How I've proved him o'er and o'er! … and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places.” (Matthew 24:6,7 ESV) He also said “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Jesus said “And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! Are parts of this score outside of your desired range? ed.) and to know, "Thus saith the Lord.". [Refrain]. just to trust his cleansing blood; We give you 2 pages notes partial preview, in order to continue read the entire Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus sheet music you need to signup, download music sheet notes in pdf format also available for offline reading. The accounts vary widely on the details and drama surrounding the writing of this hymn. / [CHORUS] G C D Jesus, Jesu The initial word of some lines of stanzas 1 and 2 is sometimes changed from the original “just” to “and.” The frequent repetition of the word “just” reinforces the simplicity of trusting in Jesus, but “and” relieves the redundancy and connects the lines better. This is but the sure way to experiencing His power in our lives and practical circumstances. It's been glory all the way. Mrs. Stead went on to serve for many years as a missionary in Africa. It is really so sweet to trust in Jesus our saviour. https://www.hymnal.net/Hymns/Hymnal/svg/e0568_p.svg, https://www.hymnal.net/Hymns/Hymnal/svg/e0568_g.svg, The earth absorbs the soft, refreshing rain. Two years later, this hymn was published. Those who knew the cruciality of this did cry out even with tears, "I believe Lord, help Thou my unbelief!" FlexScores are available in the Media section below. In response to confession, the congregation could sing one or both of stanzas two and three a cappella or with minimal accompaniment to emphasize the sweetness of God’s forgiveness. The experience is unpalatable but the certificate acquired isn't written in ink on paper but stamped on the receiver's life, resulting in abundant living afterwards! This song is just a reflection of my testimony, Friend, the Christian faith is a life of FAITH or TRUST. just from sin and self to cease; CCLI, OneLicense, etc). I feel joy each time l sing it and I have been singing this hymn since my secondary school days in the 70s. Thank You Lord for the Grace to trust You always. Refrain: I sang it in Church last Sunday to encourage the congregation. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” (John 14:27 ESV) In 1880, the husband of Louisa Stead, author of “’Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus” drowned. A timely exhortation in testing circumstances. Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus (pdf) Voice Parts (mp3) Sweet Music Which Reaches The Depth of One’s Soul When you hear the music of “Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus”, you hear cheerfulness akin to the Christmas favorite “Away In A Manger”, which is one of the hundreds of songs composed by William J. Kirkpatrick. (See Mark 9:24). It really is a message to everyone. #127, The Hymnal for Worship and Celebration #350, The New National Baptist Hymnal (21st Century Edition) #292, Tune: ['Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus] (Kirkpatric), Alexander's New Revival Hymns: as used at the Torrey-Alexander meetings #66, Ambassador Hymnal: for Lutheran worship #582, Best Hymns No. How great is His love. It is indeed God's desire that we lose trust in all else, including our very selves, and vest that trust in Christ alone. Ad revenue helps keep us running. 3:3. "In Christ alone our hope is found". This song would go well with “Trust and Obey” or “Trusting Jesus.” The David Crowder Band has done a bluegrass medley of “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms” and “Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus.” For a more contemporary combination, try pairing “Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus” with “More Than Enough” by Chris Tomlin. Download Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus sheet music PDF that you can try for free. This song was tuned in my spirit when I was planning my wedding, it was the processional hymn. View Download PDF: Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus (5 pages - 251.05 Ko) 19x⬇ CLOSE Now that you have this PDF score, member's artist are waiting for a feedback from you in exchange of this free access. Note please, that trusting Jesus, as simple as it sounds is but perfected through learning. What is known is that, in 1880, Louisa Stead’s husband drowned, and that this hymn was published in Songs of Triumph two years later. If this score will be projected or included in a bulletin, usage must be reported to a licensing agent (e.g. Praise His Name! A separate copy of this score must be purchased for each choir member. The range of the tune is within an octave, and the musical ideas are repetitive enough to aid memory, with enough variety to be interesting. At the last stanza we see Louisa's personal experience, how that she was "so glad that I learned to trust Thee". Thank you, Sylvanus (May comment). Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus, Just from sin and self to cease; Just from Jesus simply taking Life, and rest, and joy, and peace. This hymn can fit any place in the liturgical year. Please consider white-listing Hymnary.org or, 'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, And to take Him at His word, African Methodist Episcopal Church Hymnal #440, Soul-stirring Songs & Hymns (Rev.