Want to finally get your finances in check? We offer rides during the date, the evening, and late at night. Or, become a teacher, share your expertise, and make money. Into science and culture? I danced too. Rain or shine, DPAC (Durham Performing Arts Center) is one of the best weekend things to do in Durham. A few of our favorite strategy games are Small World, Settlers of Catan and Pandemic. Geocaching is a unique game that you play with your phone. Podcasts are a great and really fun way to educate your self on new topics and they are available to you for free. You don’t even need a tent if you really want to do it right. Hey Liz Hester, put down your fork and drink, and learn more about Raleigh! Find a friend who wants to stay in on a Saturday night and join them. We’re a colorful, comfortable cocktail bar where all drinks are treated with the same exquisite respect.” more, “Great Experience...Lexi was awesome as our coach and for our first time made us feel confident in the experience....such a fun time and would definitely di it again...Thank You Again Lexi!!! Instead of coming up with ideas on your own, I’ve put together this list of things you can do for free any weekend you want. Girls or guys night in are some of the most fun nights. 2. We earn a commission if you click this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. It is the perfect excuse for a laid-back night with a few of your favorite peeps. This is not only a great idea to do with friends, but it makes for a great date night too! Plus your friends will love you. This is my go-to. Do some good, why don’t cha? With a quick google search, you can find local soup kitchens, children tutoring facilities and religious organizations looking for help. Host a monthly or weekly board game night. Simply go to the website, create an account, and start searching for a cache near your location. I always say, “constraint breeds creativity,” so you just have to get creative. Upscale, classy feel, almost like a Manhattan bar, but not as crowded. I do this all the time when I’m looking to lay low and not spend any money. We walk you through exactly how to use Mint, what your budget should be, and how to monitor your spending automatically. Maybe even tell a few ghost stories. Have you ever gone to the mall and not bought anything. Players hide treasures all over the world for others to find, and it will take you places you’ve never been. As a huge nerd, I could look up at the sky and get real deep in conversation about our universe with just about anyone who would listen to me. Things to do in Raleigh. Check local websites to see if there are any group nighttime rides in your area like this Moonlight Bike Ride in Central Park NYC. Want to get paid for your opinion? Bring a movie or binge watch a show. I truly hate that this is an option, but I would be doing you a disservice if I didn’t at least mention it. The crowd is a bit older, no kids. It might sound lame to some, but I do this at least once — if not twice — a week. You know, not all local theater is bad. When you sign up you get a free month of unlimited classes which is a pretty sweet deal. Enjoying a show at Carolina Theater is one of the best things to do in Durham for a date night. Really one of my favorite things to do on a Saturday night with friends. I should know because I used to perform in my community and in high school. I bet we all have at one point, and I bet it wasn’t a complete waste of time. Trolley Pub Raleigh. Listen Money Matters is reader-supported. Grab a friend, choose a restaurant, and head to Dine Out Downtown, presented by the Downtown Raleigh Alliance, on Glenwood South. Technically, you’re not staying in when you’re out at a friends house. Check your town’s website or follow local bloggers on social media to be on the up and up on whats going on near you – music events, grand openings, street fairs, farmers markets, comedy shows. This is our guide to budgeting simply and effectively. Fun place for people in their 20s if you just wanna drink and play a couple arcade games.” more, “I always have such a fun time here even tho I'm horrible at golfing. Not sure if…” more. Complete the surveys to earn virtual points that can be redeemed for PayPal or e-Giftcards. Want to go out to a bar with your friends and not spend any money? You’ll have the next four Saturday nights covered. As a former boy scout, I have a deep affection for fires. Do get creative here – throw a theme night or set up a retro concession stand. Also, you can check out our infographic and share it with your friends! So I would suggest touring a few breweries or wineries in a single Saturday night. I could build a fire and sit around it for hours just staring at it without a thought crossing my mind. Get cash back for the difference. That’s what I do. I love parks. Start saving money so you can go out next weekend with Earny. Skillshare is an online learning community with over seventeen thousand classes from culinary to HTML courses. Sleep outside. There were two pool tables and two poker tables, and although technically I paid to use it every month, it was free for that night for my friends. Eat their food, drink their beer, and watch their TV. 4. Simply point your phone at the sky to identify stars, constellations, planets, and satellites. ), BUT I have enjoyed it so far. So much fun! Don’t worry, you won’t have to leave your couch. Shop eco junk at the Scrap Exchange. How about the museums, volunteer opportunities, all of the cycling and running events, Carolina Hurricanes, the many pool halls, Ironman 70.3 Raleigh and many other things there are to do in Raleigh … The Smithsonian in Washington D.C. is free, and so are plenty of other museums. “Order online or call us for curbside pickup or delivery (free in downtown Raleigh). Be one with nature! The clues were tricky, so make sure you pay attention” more, “ or something. Park yourself somewhere with a friend or two and just watch the world as it passes by. After creating your profile, they'll start matching you to online surveys you can take anywhere. My nephew had his birthday party here and said it was good. It was fun though. I used to live in a condo complex that had a really nice community center. That’s where Earny comes in – they automate everything. Do you know how easy it is to get a group of guys together to play Saturday night football? I use it all the time and it’s a ton of fun. It’s a lot like a scavenger hunt that you can play anytime you’re looking for something unique to do. Survey Junkie pays you to give your opinion on brands so they can deliver better products & services. I’m not a big sports fan, but I bet if you wanted to play a sport at night, you could get some people to join. Here are events and things to do this week and weekend in Raleigh, Durham North Carolina. Get cash back. If you want to drink and not spend money, go find an art gallery — they usually serve free wine! You can go on the internet, read books, watch movies, and hit on the opposite sex/meet people. Looking for something a little more hands on? Nice beer selection and drinks. Or be a designated driver and get paid for it. We stock unique, small-batch and estate-grown wines. DPAC. ... Share Sunday Night Adult Night at United Skates Raleigh with your friends. History buffs, you must listen to Hardcore History with Dan Carlin. I love parks. I should have listened better. But remember, safety first kids. Reflective gear and helmets if your riding in the dark. Again, as a former boy scout, nothing gives me wood like camping…for a fire of course. It doesn’t even have to be YOUR library. Drive them. Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. Discover new things about your neighborhood and come back with a ton of fun stories. Pick up some snacks and ask your friends to bring some booze. Perhaps find a lit pathway at a local park. Boom! S/o to Trevor you were awesome. I'd like to go to one of their movie parties sometime, looks like fun! 26 Creative & Fun Things To Do For Free on Saturday Night, Find a Friend with a Kick-Ass Community Clubhouse. It sounds lame, but can be a good time too. Adding a business to Yelp is always free. But remember, safety first kids. I’m sure you have some ideas yourself, so please share them with us in the comments below. You’ll be surprised at how entertaining this can be to do on a Saturday night. Sounds like you need to make some more money. Make a fire. Touring breweries is one of my favorite things to do, and I look for ones that give you free beer at the end. One of the great things you should know about Trolley Pub Raleigh is that date night doesn’t have to be restricted to a certain time for this option. Parks are also great for people watching. Educate yourself and save money instead of sitting on your couch watching — god forbid — Duck Dynasty or something. Best thing ever! The only thing left to consider will be figuring out what to do. Teenagers in the 1960’s used to pay a lot for the privilege of watching a movie under the stars on a Saturday night. In our town, there are always free or cheap events going on around town. A lot of theater troupes put on free shows, or at the very least, really cheap admission. All you need is an open space away from trees, a few bricks to make a fire ring, and wood. Get out your bike, or put on your sneakers, and go the hell outside. I’m not going to lie and say this is the greatest idea, but I’ve done it, and I saved money. Saturday, Nov. 7 – 3:30 p.m.: La Farm Bread Truck at Logan’s Garden Shop Your friends aren’t going to do that. One time, we even went in search of a White Castle like that movie. Bare minimum, you could probably make do with some free cheese. It just takes a few minutes to build your profile they will start matching you to surveys. The bathrooms are clean and often busy, they are all single bathrooms.